Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    subsidiary question: are you guys ready for another 1 year final tier, or you won't have the patience you showed in the past 3 expansions?

It's too vague and we just had them go back on no flying based on feedback with a compromise.

We know that they said there is more story after 6.2. While ofc that doesn't mean a tier, they always could do something as simple as drag the equivelant of Highmaul from 7.0 back into this xpac without much effort if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    We know that they said there is more story after 6.2.
    Blizzard says alot of things, most of them flat out lies. I wouldnt take anything they say as truth until its in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Blizzard says alot of things, most of them flat out lies. I wouldnt take anything they say as truth until its in the game.
    In that case you can't pick and chose which ones to consider lies when we aren't even close to seeing their ending. So that being a lie would make this topic's statement a lie and the original "ideally we want 2 tiers" statement a lie.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we're killing Archimonde, I'm saying this is the final raid of WoD.

NOTHING can top killing Archimonde except killing Kil'jaedan or Sargeras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I personally think that Grom was a bit of a bait-and-switch, or at least a way for them to conceal the story of WoD. Had they said Archimonde right away, the Iron Horde would feel toothless right from the start, and none of the plot developments would have surprised us at all.

Agreed, I think that's exactly what they were doing. While they've been good about laying in some hints, like the Burning Legion Missive, right now they're being guarded about future story, which is cool. One patch at a time.

Last raid tier but not last patch
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Remember when they said multiple times that the end boss is Grom? We ain't even gonna fight Grom...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Remember when they said multiple times that the end boss is Grom? We ain't even gonna fight Grom...
    Remember when they said it wasn't going to be an Orc?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    As long as we're killing Archimonde, I'm saying this is the final raid of WoD.

NOTHING can top killing Archimonde except killing Kil'jaedan or Sargeras.
    I still think there's an average chance we get a "preview" raid of whatever in this xpac leads into the next if they need to add something.

While nothing can top Archi, a different faction foe doesn't need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I still think there's an average chance we get a "preview" raid of whatever in this xpac leads into the next if they need to add something.

While nothing can top Archi, a different faction foe doesn't need to.
    So basically a filler raid with like 1-5 bosses like Ruby Sanctum?

Maybe, but either way Hellfire Citadel is the final tier of WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    subsidiary question: are you guys ready for another 1 year final tier, or you won't have the patience you showed in the past 3 expansions?
    I don't think many would.

So the patch will be called "Fury of (the) Hellfire" eh? They are really riding on that TBC nostalgia train aren't they?

He didn't "let slip" that 6.2 is the final tier.

It's literally been known for almost a year now that WoD would only have 2 tiers. I cannot believe that there are still some people who are hanging onto the idea of a third tier like it's their oxygen support. What is it about a Dev saying, "We only plan 2 raid tiers," makes you think, "OMG there will be more than 2 raid tiers!!!"?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the patch will be called "Fury of (the) Hellfire" eh? They are really riding on that TBC nostalgia train aren't they?
    It's pretty much all they have left after all their ideas to "reinvent the game" fell flat on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's pretty much all they have left after all their ideas to "reinvent the game" fell flat on their face.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion is about Northrend tbh.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    since we are in draenor, it does make sence to have an hellfire citadel as the orcs base of operation, i don't call it nostalgia.

that being said, this whole time travel which is the basis of WoD story seems weaksauce to me. It's like blizzard can't come up with a decent plot to advance the lore of world of warcraft.

from warcraft to warcraft 2 to warcraft 3 and even to TBC and WoLK, the progression of the lore was logical.
    already cataclym showed some weakness, they had to reuse an old nemesis, deathwing, and didn't advance the lore much
    pandaland was like WTF this has to do with wow
    and with wod and time travel, it's like the lore went backward instead of developing forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final tier,flight not added until the pre-patch for their next shitfest
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    since we are in draenor, it does make sence to have an hellfire citadel as the orcs base of operation, i don't call it nostalgia.
    Fury of (the) Hellfire

Fury of the Sunwell

That's where I'm basing the nostalgia is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they give a shit about the franchise, they'll pull the plug on this expansion.