Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Putting your gun down in that situation isn't necessarily smart. You lose all power over the situation. If you keep your gun up then you can at least take out the leader before you die. That fact makes the situation more flexible.
    If we're going into hypotheticals, the leader could also drop to the floor and let her lackeys take her out.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the story perspective of whether it's a good move, it's poor animation because it looks like the guy lets her take the gun from him.

It needs to be given a more forceful movement, plus being sped up to become convincing.

Bioware always had garbage animations, but now that they are using Frostbite, there is absolutely no excuse for those kind of atrocious animations.

Fire whoever is in charge of it, find someone who is actually good at their job.
    Indie developers can do better than that trash.
    Then again, too much to expect from one of the biggest circlejerk developers in the industry.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quality of animations have nothing to do with the engine in this case, animators are the problem.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Just admit it. When people say "bad animations", they're actually complaining that Ryder is ugly and has a butter face. I think it's hilarious that ALL of the girls in my sports club are way hotter than her.
    The same can be said for all Bioware women. I enjoyed Mass Effect but played a woman because I could at least romance Garrus or Thane, they look less terrifying than Jack and even Miranda. I know Miranda is based off a real model but the model looks way better while the former is just in this weird, disturbing uncanny valley territory but hey "dat ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifuger View Post
    The same can be said for all Bioware women. I enjoyed Mass Effect but played a woman because I could at least romance Garrus or Thane, they look less terrifying than Jack and even Miranda. I know Miranda is based off a real model but the model looks way better while the former is just in this weird, disturbing uncanny valley territory but hey "dat ass"
    At least tali suits always hot. Andromeda is kinda weird, the brother kinda looks fine, the sister face is kinda weird. I mean ME3 femshep was actually decently looking, i kinda dig the old soldier ginger with freckles lady.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-12-04 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that whole scene was awful. The gameplay looked really fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    At least tali suits always hot. Andromeda is kinda weird, the brother kinda looks fine, the sister face is kinda weird. I mean ME3 femshep was actually decently looking, i kinda dig the old soldier ginger with freckles lady.
    Yeah, you can make some relatively normal looking fem Sheps. I think the worst offenders in the ME games were the characters who they heavily based off a real person. Miranda and the one reporter who is some gaming journalist were particularly bad.

Really what matters to me about this game is the gameplay, set pieces, monsters and music. The Mass Effect trilogy was not perfect at all but I really got a ton of enjoyment from it because it felt so much like Farscape or BSG. I can forgive some shortcomings that I don't with other bioware sequels (like going from the first Dragon's Age to the sequel) just because I'm such a big fan of cheesy 80s/90s scifi.

ME1 had my favorite soundtrack, others were great too but I didn't care for the more dramatic shift to orchestral stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    That trailer was awful, holy shit.

She looks like she's in a constant state of hysteria brought by the Joker's Laughing Gas.

What the FUCK IS THIS EVEN

Hahahahahahaahhaha, at the end when she closes her lips to smirk...it literally looks like the amateur Garry's Mod silly facial manipulations that you see all over YouTube.

And dear god, the animations seem more robotic overall when you look at them on repeat. Holy hell, this game is definitely another bargain purchase for me. I have no clue how BioWare consistently gets massive, AAA budgets and talent for Mass Effect games but continues to deliver a product that's AAA in its scope, but barely AA when it comes to production values.

Edit: The more I look at it (and a few others), the worse and worse they look. It's like they can't hire a single competent rigger and do all the animations manually, using no motion capture at all. Jesus hell, it's disappointing because graphically the game looks pretty impressive, especially running on Frostbite now.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-12-04 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh people chillax, it's not like that scene is the entirety of the game. And none of you are playing ME for animations. I hated run animation of Sheppard on Citadel in ME3 - didn't detract from the enjoyment.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh people chillax, it's not like that scene is the entirety of the game. And none of you are playing ME for animations. I hated run animation of Sheppard on Citadel in ME3 - didn't detract from the enjoyment.
    I'm not going to be paying money if that scene is an indicator of quality going on over there. They put that out there because they thought it was worthy of being in a trailer. I'm really kind of concerned about that. This is supposedly an AAA game company, this should be better.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Intrested but not hyped. I will see how it may look after release... But i don't have big hopes.

I'm not going to be paying money if that scene is an indicator of quality going on over there. They put that out there because they thought it was worthy of being in a trailer. I'm really kind of concerned about that. This is supposedly an AAA game company, this should be better.
    while I get where you are coming from... bioware is basically infamous for 4 things. usually engaging character driven stories set in interesting lore rich worlds, horrible animations, plastic hair and exceptionally ugly hats. oh and wonky timelines :P so I guess some of us just take it in stride. gameplay looks fun though and I'm kinda intrigued where the story is going so..

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't mean people shouldn't criticise it though. The thing about animation is that the bar for what's good enough gets higher as character assets gets more realistic and detailed. It starts veering off into uncanny valley territory eventually if it looks like a highly detailed human going for a realistic art-style, but without equally as good eye/facial movement and body language to boot.

Deleted
    What do you know, I actually play ME/DA becaue I want to dive in there and enjoy the conversations, story and the presentation of it.. and every-single-time they are ruined by the awkwardness of their script and animations.
    They are stuck in 2009 or something. From DA:O onwards, they didn't improve at all in that regard.

From this little piece alone, I know that I can't expect anything better than DA:I... which had amazing combat, but everything else was basically 5/10.

I mean, take a look at these
    https://youtu.be/yc10tFxD1bc?t=6m35s
    https://youtu.be/yc10tFxD1bc?t=24m37s

It's so, freaking, bad. It's like it's missing soundfiles. Now, after seeing that bullshit again in Andromeda, I know I can't expect anything better than that. Completely immersion breaking stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-04 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stolen from the Youtube comments section, but it's pretty damn accurate

"Me: watches video Wow! This looks amazing! Im so hyped for this! I wonder what my fellow fans and community think about this?

The comment section: BAD ANIMATIONS, SJWS, WITCHER 3, CUCKS, MASS EFFECT 3 ENDING, NO MANS SKY"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    What do you know, I actually play ME/DA becaue I want to dive in there and enjoy the conversations, story and the presentation of it.. and every-single-time they are ruined
    Ruined you say? So you stopped playing at the first instance of it? No? You pulled thru? Then not ruined, right? Annoying maybe? Triggering even? But ok, right? Not the most important thing as proven by you making it to the end since DA:O.

What? You say you have the right to criticize? You do. So criticize. Properly. Don't bitch about it. Go to MEA bioware forums and write a complaint. Don't go to MMO-C and make a big deal out of it in the wrongest places of all.

Deleted
    What are you talking about, the internet made fun of their animations for ages by now. They are well aware that they suck at it. I can bitch about it anywhere as long as it's on topic. It's been critized by both the professional and non-professional crowd by now.

And yes, I pulled through it, because DA:O was 2009, didn't have a lot of money, so was ME, ME2 was when they went into the AAA-business and for that time, it was still okay, ME3 however wasn't anymore and DA:I neither and this is also when it also became rather obvious that the Bioware writers aren't much better than Blizzards.

And yes, it ruined it, doesn't mean I can't bear through it when I'm having fun in a different part of the game.
    The combat was enjoyable, I just couldn't get behind any of the cutscenes or talk, in fact, I didn't even want to watch them because they were so poorly done in ME3 + DA:I.
    Not sure what you are doing when something kills the experience for you, but I'm not starting to flip tables and leave the cinema/deinstall immediatly. Yet you can be sure of it that I won't consider it a good movie or game.

I really don't know where all that money they are using goes to anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-04 at 03:14 PM.

She does look a bit too much like the female dwarf in DA:I for my liking, but that's what character customization is for. For everyone that's (justifiably) worried about this, just remember this is the same engine that made some damn good looking Daenerys'.

As far as the..incredibly unsettling smile, my best guess is there is a "morality builder" of some kind working in the background, and this character has clearly been selecting the sarcastic option quite a bit. It needs to be toned down, but I'm sure this isn't the standard face we see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the Nexus is fucking huge, I assumed it was comparable in size to the Arks, but its massive.