Deleted

Ps4 2 games for £25

Looking for some advise on the best 2 games to get with the current deal on ps store 2 for 25 in the UK help and advise please with reasons for choices.

7+ Year Old Account
    'Best' is such a personal term. You should at least give some insight on your personal taste. What genre you like to play for instance and expand on that. Once you establish this milestone perhaps you will be able to make a decision on your own after watching some gameplay and/or read some reviews. Having said that I recommend you look at the exclusive titles, they often are critically acclaimed and well received by the mass. Examples are Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, The Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Nier: Automata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it any two games for £25 or is from a list of specific games? I tried searching and could not find any info on that kind of sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Bloodborne is one of the best games (if not the best) of this generation, and it's a PS4 exclusive. It's very hard and unforgiving, but it's truly a legitimate masterpiece through and through,

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best exclusives and brand new IPs of the PS4. Just get it.

Other than those, Persona 5, but you can also get that if you have a PS3.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-12-17 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Bloodborne is one of the best games (if not the best) of this generation, and it's a PS4 exclusive. It's very hard and unforgiving, but it's truly a legitimate masterpiece through and through,

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best exclusives and brand new IPs of the PS4. Just get it.

Other than that, Persona 5, but you can also get that if you have a PS3.
    Bloodborne is the worst souls game. No way its the best game of this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan94 View Post
    Bloodborne is the worst souls game. No way its the best game of this generation.
    Incorrect.

Bloodborne is amazing. And anyone saying anything different is just being contrarian on the internet to look cool.

Op get bloodborne game of the year and dont worry about another title. Dark souls 3 if you must but doubt thats on special

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong opinion there friendo.

Bloodborne is the worst souls game.
    You are literally the only person I have ever seen make this comment.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Incorrect.

Bloodborne is amazing. And anyone saying anything different is just being contrarian on the internet to look cool.

Op get bloodborne game of the year and dont worry about another title. Dark souls 3 if you must but doubt thats on special
    Yeah okay limited build variety, no plot, lifeless world, lifeless npc's, powerlevel dictated by rng gems, worst pvp, no stat reset, short game, ugly zones, trash designed bosses, recycled zones in the dlc is sure a good masterpiece game.

The beginning of Bloodborne isn't that bad. But after you kill Ameila the game becomes as shitty as post Lordvessel DS1 gameplay. Game feels so rushed and its just fight this trash boss and move on to the next awful designed boss. The areas in Bloodborne feel disconnected and you have no idea why you're even in some areas. Two lame nightmare realms, Cainshit castle where 90% of the enemies you just run past and forbidden woods is so ugly and annoying to go through I always run past all of those irrelevant enemies to get through it.

Grinding Blood Vials suck when you first play the game because you're going to die to trash bosses like Shadows or Rom. The idiotic devs do this to make the game feel longer because if there was no grinding most people would beat this game in 10 hours of playtime. This is also the reason they try to cockblock you with hard bosses that make the two bosses you fought before seem like a joke. They want you to die 1000 times so you can spend another few hours grinding vials. But once you get good at the game you start to see how awful, short and flawed it really is.

The trick weapon system in Bloodborne is cool but the build diversity is terrible. You're basically going to play the same way you do on every character except you're just going to use a different weapon. The weapon balance is terrible, Blades of Mercy are supposed to be an endgame weapon and they suck yet the Saw you get in the beginning of the game is one of the best weapons in the game.

Parrying is extremely easy and too rewarding in Bloodborne and its the only souls game I parry because its so easy and most enemies/bosses are so easy to cheese once you take advantage of the stupid visceral runes + OP gems + 50 skill. There's a lot of dumb enemies or NPC's that can hyper armor through anything so its just easier to just shoot a gun at them and one shot them with a visceral.

The chalice dungeons suck and they're forced because they directly effect your character's power level. Your stats in Bloodborne by and large don't matter because the weapon gems are so powerful that it really doesn't matter what build you're doing as long as you're at least putting points into health and get the stamina soft cap. Chalice dungeons also add to the disconnected feeling of Bloodborne where a lot of the game feels like you're just warping from zone to zone.

I could go on and on as to why Bloodborne is not a good game. But I'm going to stop now before I write a thesis.

Yeah okay limited build variety, no plot, lifeless world, lifeless npc's, powerlevel dictated by rng gems, worst pvp, no stat reset, short game, ugly zones, trash designed bosses, recycled zones in the dlc is sure a good masterpiece game.
    Ok ok, fair play. You explained your feelings relatively well and you have some fair points. Ill just write out a few thoughts to counter.

You cant say the game has no plot or lifeless npc's because there defiantly is a story at work, but like most of the souls series the game is left fairly open to the players interpretation and you have to figure it out yourself with reading the lore on items and noticing the artwork in the world around you, this is a nice change of pace from 90% of games that have a directional arrow telling you where to go and movie level CGI cutscenes. Its defiantly a different style and can build love or hate appreciation. Also gehrman isnt lifeless, he is awesome and just likes to take naps sometimes.

limited build variety/weapons etc. Yes there are less weapons than your standard souls games but all the essentials are there and each weapon feels quite different rather than having 7 different katana's. Esp with the DLC, there are some very unique weapons in there.

Who cares if the starting weps are great, all weapons can be good in the right hands, thats the point of being able to upgrade what you want. Theres not really "end game" weapons although some of the lore heavy or popular ones can be gated till the end like dark souls.

The zones are pretty amazing im gonna disagree they are trash. My only complaint was some of the zones could have been bigger because they looked so good and i wanted to see more of it.

The chalice dungeons are added challenge, you hardly need them to beat the base game. So if you can beat the game in 10hours thats great, but thats hardly the standard expected game time. No bosses being challenging isnt just adding on needless life to the game, its kind of the point being a challenge so it feels good when you beat them. What bosses you find easy and hard maybe others may have felt the opposite.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-18 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ok ok, fair play. You explained your feelings relatively well and you have some fair points. Ill just write out a few thoughts to counter.

You cant say the game has no plot or lifeless npc's because there defiantly is a story at work, but like most of the souls series the game is left fairly open to the players interpretation and you have to figure it out yourself with reading the lore on items and noticing the artwork in the world around you, this is a nice change of pace from 90% of games that have a directional arrow telling you where to go and movie level CGI cutscenes. Its defiantly a different style and can build love or hate appreciation. Also gehrman isnt lifeless, he is awesome and just likes to take naps sometimes.
    There's as much soul to the souls games as there is with Yngwie Malmsteen's guitar style. Everything with Fromsoft games is mechanics and numbers there is no plot. I'm not expecting a game to handhold me with a plot but I expect there to be at least some kind of plot that has a start and end to it. Bloodborne being the worst offender out of all the souls games when it comes to the plot where its like a book that has 70% of its pages ripped out.

It's such a lame cop out to say that the player has to use his/her imagination and fill in the blanks. This is just a product of the devs being lazy and inept where they solely want to focus the game on boss encounters and not the world itself. I'm tired of people excusing fromsoft with their shitty writing especially when it comes to NPC's in game which feel more like gameplay mechanisms rather than actual characters that feel like they fit into the world of the game. And I'm not expecting anything crazy like DA Origins level crazy but Bloodborne doesn't even try. All of the NPC's in the game are forgettable and I just know them as NPC's that give me items. These games also give you zero clues as to how you can progress each NPC's story, its all just random where 95% of people that play it just end up looking up online. That's not interesting or mysterious, that's just bad game design.

limited build variety/weapons etc. Yes there are less weapons than your standard souls games but all the essentials are there and each weapon feels quite different rather than having 7 different katana's. Esp with the DLC, there are some very unique weapons in there.

Who cares if the starting weps are great, all weapons can be good in the right hands, thats the point of being able to upgrade what you want. Theres not really "end game" weapons although some of the lore heavy or popular ones can be gated till the end like dark souls.
    The trick aspect of each weapon is cool and I like it. And the weapons do feel all unique in their own way I agree. However, the weapon balance itself is bad because there are a lot of weapons in Bloodborne that just completely suck or are just a worse version of something else that is similar to it. And what I mean by bad weapons is weapons that actually hinder you by using them. Bad weapons include the Rifle Spear, Amydala Arm, Kirkhammer, Blades of Mercy, Boomhammer, Raitherpallash, Stake Driver and the Logarius Wheel. That's almost half the weapons in the game that are basically just trap weapons.

The two saw weapons are also just too good to not use because of their bonus damage to beast bosses like Laurence. There's a reason why Laurence has the most health in the game and its because he's designed around the player using a Saw weapon. That's bad design especially when this game is so stingy with upgrade materials where the devs force the player early on to pick a weapon where if you change your mind your punished for it. And whichever dev thought it was a good idea to only have one Titanite Slab per playthrough of the vanilla game is an idiot.

The scarcity of upgrade materials makes your weapon options very limited and the fact that you can't change your stats at all in the game makes it even more punishing if you decide mid game you want to try something different. Get a good fire gem and want to trade points from strength to arcane? Can't do that. You're just stuck with wherever you put points into and that's a complete downgrade from a game like DS2 that had soul vessels. DS2 also wasn't stingy with upgrade materials and allowed the player more flexibility with what weapons they wanted to use.

My argument about each character of mine playing exactly the same is a bit hyperbole but its mostly valid. Why? Because the gun parry is too powerful that no matter what weapon I'm using I'm always gun parrying enemies that are either too easy to gun parry or they have such good hyper armor and retarded damage that its never worth trying to fight them normally. The game becomes extremely easy as soon as you know how to gun parry almost everything where it feels like the devs always want you to use gun parry to make your life easier. There are a few weapons where I swap mode which are the two saws and both holy blades and the church pick/bloodletter because those weapons actually have a good transformed state.
    The zones are pretty amazing im gonna disagree they are trash. My only complaint was some of the zones could have been bigger because they looked so good and i wanted to see more of it.

The chalice dungeons are added challenge, you hardly need them to beat the base game. So if you can beat the game in 10hours thats great, but thats hardly the standard expected game time. No bosses being challenging isnt just adding on needless life to the game, its kind of the point being a challenge so it feels good when you beat them. What bosses you find easy and hard maybe others may have felt the opposite.
    The zones we're going to have to agree to disagree. I find them extremely ugly and grey'd out most of the time. I understand the game is supposed to be a dark souls game with a horror theme coated on top of it but its still an ugly game to me. And I agree that the zones do feel small especially in the later part of the game where it feels like you just fight a few enemies and you're already fighting the next boss. Cainhurst Castle to me is the most disappointing zone in the game because its so short. You'd think entering a castle would have traps and different enemies everywhere but its just ghost women and rapier dudes with gargoyles on the outside. It's lame there isn't even that much exploration to be had everything is extremely linear.

As for the chalice dungeons I never said they were mandatory to beat the NG version of the game. But if you want to beat NG+6 you're going to need to do them unless you're a speedrunner or some type of hardcore gamer. The chalice dungeons have the best gems in the game where you'd be wasting your time in the long run if you ignored them. And it sucks because you either have to grind them and hope RNG favors you or go online and find a dungeon code that might drop the gem you're looking for. Lame.

The dungeons themselves are just boring because its the same shit over and over again. The challenge becomes irrelevant once you master the gun parry where most enemies are a joke anyway once you have 50 vigor + a decently upgraded weapon because Chalice dungeons do not scale with each NG+ cycle. The only hard part are some of the bosses especially when you have half health or some other bullshit debuff. At that point the game feels like you're playing guitar hero on Expert and you're trying to gold star some Yngwie song where you have to practice and play/grind like a robot to overcome it. And after you beat it you're just relieved its over only to find out you got shit for it.

As for the bosses themselves I just hate how the fights are designed. There's so many badly designed bosses (not hard just annoying and unfun to fight again) that it ruins the overall experience for me especially when this game is solely designed around the stupid bosses. There's so many bosses in Bloodborne that either just flat out suck where you're just hugging their nuts and mashing R1 or the fights where you have to sprint 90% of the fight and attack twice only to start sprinting again. Bosses I hate for their shit design are Rom(long fight sprint simulator), Shadows (Gank fight sprint simulator), Paarl (just get under his legs and chain stun him to death), One Reborn (Trash easy fight no reason this should be a boss), Micolash (sprint simulator and boss feels like an NPC than a boss) Celestials (easiest boss in the game and its endgame optional boss trash fight) Moon Presence (lamest final boss out of every souls game + super easy) Witches boss (you run around a room playing hide and seek and the boss itself is so weak) Living Failures (run attack, run attack, hide behind pillar during starfall).

The DLC bosses outside of Living Failures are all actually really good and fun to fight against. That's the one redeeming quality about the dlc + adding cool weapons like the Church Pick/Bloodletter. Other than that the dlc suffers the same problem as DS1's dlc where its just recycled environments from the original game because the dumb devs say its set in the past so they can get away with reusing the same buildings.

The other thing I forgot to mention is how bad the covenants are in Bloodborne. They're practically non existent and if you compare the covenants in Bloodborne to the ones in DS2 its a joke. The pvp and invasion system in Bloodborne is absolute trash and it even looks worse when you compare it to DS2's pvp where the devs for that game at least tried to balance and fix it.

Anyway that's all I have to say for now.

Deleted
    Sorry should have said at start I like rpg story games i have and have finished zero dawn loved it I'm currently replaying the mass effect series

- - - Updated - - -

And btw what did I cause by making this post in the 1st place lol so is bloodbourne good

If you like DS type games, you can't go wrong with Bloodborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls 3 is the worst souls game. No way its the best game of this generation.
    Fixed

/10fixes
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post
    Sorry should have said at start I like rpg story games i have and have finished zero dawn loved it I'm currently replaying the mass effect series

- - - Updated - - -

And btw what did I cause by making this post in the 1st place lol so is bloodbourne good
    Do you enjoy JRPG's?

If you do, I'd suggest looking into Tales of Berseria.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is also worth playing if you're in the mood for something more western flavoured. That will keep you busy for a long time, it's very story/character driven and the two expansions are very meaty and basically entire games by themselves.

Deleted
    I have also done witcher 3 no I don't like the dark soul type games I find them tedious I like jrpgs I love the ff series own all on most platforms lol

- - - Updated - - -

But i was looking at games on the 2 for 25 uk deals so only 2 games from there

Always helps to place a link to the deals, so people know which games they can choose from.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...508-TWOFOR30/1

Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post
    I have also done witcher 3 no I don't like the dark soul type games I find them tedious I like jrpgs I love the ff series own all on most platforms lol

- - - Updated - - -

But i was looking at games on the 2 for 25 uk deals so only 2 games from there
    I went for the Last of Us Remastered + the Parappa the Rapper bundle

I'd say Last of Us should definitely be one of them, the 2nd being either AC: Black Flag, Fallout 4 (although that should play way better on PC if you have one), maybe The Last Guardian.

Not saying the other games aren't good but I have no personal experience with any of them so just mentioning the ones I did play and enjoyed.

Prey
    Last of Us Remastered
    Divinity Original Sin
    Tales of Zestiria
    Darksiders Fury Collection (Darksiders 2 is free if you have psplus so not worth it in that case really)
    Assassins Creed Black Flag

I went with Prey and Last of Us
    Last edited by Ashcrack; 2017-12-19 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks so far guys and gals thinking prey is a must just torn for the 2nd game