Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think ive ever hit like sub 400k on a single fight that wasn't all the healers dead or something. You don't even have to use Sav D or externals and stack MS... bears are just dumb. Not as dumb as prot pally is gonna be though.

Deleted
    prot pala nerf incoming in a week or two

Quote Originally Posted by LuRu9 View Post
    prot pala nerf incoming in a week or two
    The only reason they will get nerfed is the 2pc. The 4pc made the 4pc even usable. 2pc change is actually retarded. They only needed to make it like 2 or 2.5% not 5, but meh.

So what's this gunna mean for us bears? I unfortunately went full retard on multistrike with gemming/gearing/enchanting. Should we switch to a mix or go back to mastery?

Deleted
    stay the way you are now.

The nerf is to our HP, and doesn't hurt the value of multistrike too much. Just don't go too overboard stacking multistrike at the expense of everything else. Ilvl, bonus armor, mastery are just as important.

It is a 40% nerf is it not? That definitely hurts it's value. that's not to say it's become bad though, I still think it has amazing synergy with mastery in terms of making us EH gods.

So with the newest hotfixes, do you think it's worth going 4 piece? With bad MS itemization on them I gave other people prio. Might actually go for it now...

Reasons why MS is good defensively is #1 So much passive healing going on all the time #2 Most of the spikes are magical and Mastery doesn't do anything for it.

THE biggest reason overall is obviously damage output. Thankfully they didn't nerf that at all.

Ilvl > BA > MS > whatever still holds in my eyes. I won't miss the HP I never needed in the first place.

I'm ignoring 4piece, it's just so useless IMO.

Yes, The health you used to get is now .6 of that.
    So 100% extra HP now is 60% extra HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    It is a 40% nerf is it not? That definitely hurts it's value. that's not to say it's become bad though, I still think it has amazing synergy with mastery in terms of making us EH gods.
    Yeah I suppose it affects the value of multistrike as a stat, but it's never been as straightforward as a DPS saying stat A gives me X dps, stat B gives Y, where reducing the effectiveness of a stat might mean you entirely avoid it. Multistrike still gives just as much DPS, and the health boost is still significant. Gearing is still a mix of ilvl, bonus armor, mastery, multistrike. We just have less health now.

The ~40% hp decrease from the buff doesn't stop you from stacking MS. We didn't NEED 1.2m single target and 2m on 3 targets. I rarely dipped below 40-45% and that was only if I was tanking many things + healers were afk or dead. There is WAY too much passive healing with a mistweaver/holy pally in your raid and the mistweaver and shaman with leech trinkets.

Tbh the ONLY "nerf" to us is on Tyrant because we did have almost 500k hp at 40% when other tank were sitting on like 210k hp. Thats it. The rest of the fights we are untouched stick with 100% MS long as you have an anzus you are golden.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sat on the dummy single target I can keep 800k hp no buffs at all after 3m my hp only moved +/- 20k for that time once I got going like 20 sec in. Thats means I will have 5% more MS and fort. This is hardly going to change anything.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    The ~40% hp decrease from the buff doesn't stop you from stacking MS. We didn't NEED 1.2m single target and 2m on 3 targets. I rarely dipped below 40-45% and that was only if I was tanking many things + healers were afk or dead. There is WAY too much passive healing with a mistweaver/holy pally in your raid and the mistweaver and shaman with leech trinkets.

Tbh the ONLY "nerf" to us is on Tyrant because we did have almost 500k hp at 40% when other tank were sitting on like 210k hp. Thats it. The rest of the fights we are untouched stick with 100% MS long as you have an anzus you are golden.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sat on the dummy single target I can keep 800k hp no buffs at all after 3m my hp only moved +/- 20k for that time once I got going like 20 sec in. Thats means I will have 5% more MS and fort. This is hardly going to change anything.
    Cool, but I am going to seal my guardian, and play restoration for fun, and unseal it for 7.0

Ya in raids its looking like 100-150k hp loss single target and about 100k per target past 1 for the HP loss we are seeing. Its not bad at all. We are still sitting around 900-950k on all bosses or more. We really didn't need more HP than that anyway. At least at my MS levels I have around 2500.

Deleted
    Hello guys, newbie guardian here!

Im having issues keeping aoe aggro in raids, What I do right now is to spam thrash and taunt as many mobs as i can.

Is there anything I could be doing diferently?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaxto View Post
    Hello guys, newbie guardian here!

Im having issues keeping aoe aggro in raids, What I do right now is to spam thrash and taunt as many mobs as i can.

Is there anything I could be doing diferently?

Thanks!
    I'm... hoping that this is sarcasm..

But... just in case it isnt....

Scenario 1. You are losing aggro to dps:
    Thrash once every 6-10seconds (only spam if we're talking 6+ weak mobs, with no priority skull target.)
    mangle on cd
    lacerate spam across targets. (switch targets each lacerate), concentrate on ones you are losing threat on.

Scenario 2. You are losing aggro to another tank
    Do the same as above, without changing targets. Hold aggro on the 1 biggest mob in the pile to spread tank dmg out.
    Realize that if your co-tank is a warrior with bladestorm, or a paladin who pulls the mobs (instead of you pulling them first), you aren't going to be tanking more then the 1 mob you can hold every time his cooldowns come up.
    And of course, check gearing -- if your co-tank outgears you by 10+ ilvls, you aren't going to be tanking much in an aoe situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    I'm... hoping that this is sarcasm..

But... just in case it isnt....

Scenario 1. You are losing aggro to dps:
    Thrash once every 6-10seconds (only spam if we're talking 6+ weak mobs, with no priority skull target.)
    mangle on cd
    lacerate spam across targets. (switch targets each lacerate), concentrate on ones you are losing threat on.

Scenario 2. You are losing aggro to another tank
    Do the same as above, without changing targets. Hold aggro on the 1 biggest mob in the pile to spread tank dmg out.
    Realize that if your co-tank is a warrior with bladestorm, or a paladin who pulls the mobs (instead of you pulling them first), you aren't going to be tanking more then the 1 mob you can hold every time his cooldowns come up.
    And of course, check gearing -- if your co-tank outgears you by 10+ ilvls, you aren't going to be tanking much in an aoe situation.
    Thanks you very much!

Guys what's the optimal HotW rotation?

1. Do you thrash(cat form) at all on single target?
    2. How much better is it to stay in cat form after Berserk has run out than to just go back into bear form, assuming you don't need to tank anything, whilst HotW is still up?
    3. Assuming it's worth staying in cat form, do you apply and refresh lacerate in bear form and then go back into cat form, or ignore lacerate until HotW is over/you need to start tanking?

1) No. Only bear-form thrash is worth using.
    2) Yes, you stay in cat form.
    3) It depends on how long you don't have to tank anything for. If you don't have to tank for the entirety of HotW, then you want to get 3 stacks of lacerate and Thrash in bear form before you cast HotW.

If you can only not tank for say, half of the duration of HotW then you can either use Thrash in bear form or just use cat form for the entirety of it.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-07-25 at 09:05 PM.

1. my understanding is definitely no, it does too little damage.
    2. Stay catform all the way, it multiplies your agi by 2.5 when in catform.
    3. Good question, i believe i heard refresh lacerate + trash in bearform, not sure though...

Definitely use an agility pot during HotW, not an armor pot, since it multiplies agi and not attack power.