Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How do you really think "Ok Google" works ? With magic ?
    It has to be listening to you at all time to recognize that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    That is America reasoning and America isn't stupid.
    you calling us smart? THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you calling us smart? THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS!
    Dems fihtin' werds*****

Deleted
    Even if the feature is harmless, installing it by bypassing security audits that FOSS should go through by being a trusted upstream is pretty damnable by itself. I've never used Chromium or Chrome but this is another tick on the list of reasons why I won't.

Deleted
    Oh great, our microphones are listening to us. Of course they are! The extend of what they do with that data is flexible, though. It would be a slightly bigger problem if they were actually saving that data. And even if they were, there's millions of people, no one is specifically going to listen to your conversations. Or actually care about them. Do you care about anyone hearing your conversation when you're in the supermarket? No? Then why do you now?

Spy away. I'm just your average Joe, nothing to hide.

good thing i've been on FF for years then

OH so when the 2nd coming of Christ, Google, does it, it's totally cool and just a "feature," but when the government does it, it's a horrible infringement of privacy. Hypocrites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    OH so when the 2nd coming of Christ, Google, does it, it's totally cool and just a "feature," but when the government does it, it's a horrible infringement of privacy. Hypocrites.
    Difference is that Google is not using the data (yet). I personally don't care either way.

If I understand correctly, getting upset at this is similar to getting up in arms about the stupid voice activation thingy that's been in cars and phones for like a decade. Am I understanding this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    If you have nothing to hide, why does it matter?
    Would you mind terribly if I broke into your home and spied on you while taking a shower? After all, you have nothing to hide.

Why is it that hard for people to understand that not everyone is willing to relinquish privacy so easily?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Microphone is always off. And my camera is turned backwards if I'm not using it.
    But this absolutely will make me delete chrome. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    If you have nothing to hide, why does it matter?
    I have my private life to hide. I don't want people listening to my conversations. Hence why it's my "Private" life.
    If I really wanted them to tape everything or listen to everything I was doing I'd send them a tape.

If Google is that interested in hearing me jerk off, I am happy to oblige.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of awesome, I always wanted to be on TV.

Hi MOM!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I wish software had more obvious warnings.

At least my smartphone tells me when a app wants access to all my dataz. Browser plugins do to. Just the browser itself doesnt.

15+ Year Old Account
    You understand that PIA is a internet vpn service? Kinda biased source if you ask me. I do have them as a vpn though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    People uninstalling Chrome before even checking settings and realising it's not even turned on by default are laughable. You jump at the slightest hint of "privacy breach" while owning mobile phones, owning microphones, webcams, using the internet through an ISP, hell, even have conversations *gasp, shudder* outdoors, where any number of onlookers could be listening.

The article is closer to clickbait than fact, sure it might be for the linux release - but its more a complaint at how "we linux folks trusted google to not go through our rigorous line by line open source code checking and they betrayed us".

Anything with voice activation will have this feature, and if you click settings its off by default anyway. Also - again, nobody is paid to listen to the billions of average joes sitting around doing average things.

I already reported Google.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

They wouldn't be able to hear anything but bass heavy music anyway

Don't worry, your TV isn't listening to you either.
    Except when it is.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.