Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    i loved the WotLK (when i started playing) Trees. i remember being a noob and new to the game, and when i heard about cata i was like omg 5 more tree points were gonna be so OP in cata. boy was it a shocker when they redid the Talent Trees for me! xD

The old talent tree only was good when leveling a toon was still a thing. It felt rewarding with each level you dinged to spend a point to gain 1% more dmg on ability X or get a new ability once enough points spend.

Now leveling is just a thing you blast through it.
    I like the current system where i can easily change my play style with switching a few buttons. I still burn about 10-15 of those tomes on 1 raid night
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    There are reasons why this game was more popular back in the day, and this is one of them.

Even the most played game for the last years, League of Legends, has a talent tree.

It's good when people can fuck up. It makes it more exciting for everyone.

Deleted
    "Hater" is such a overused word nowadays.

It seems to me that it is a failure of game design when different talent builds are not equally viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not really, what you're describing is basically impossible without just copying everything.
    This isn't right. Things don't need to be perfectly equivalent. A small enough delta is tolerable except to the most bleeding of edges (and the elitist wannabes that wish they were on that level).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, another point of crit this level. So interesting, such depth.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old talent system took some actual thought which I believe blizzard saw as confusion to people who were new to the game and thus making it uninjoyable to play once reaching max level and then having people explain how stupid you were and "go learn your class" comments would roll in. Which in the end meant blizzard would not be tacking on another million subscriptions and lose potential money. What actually happened was they ended up losing players that had stuck around and enjoyed the game and learning which choices to make, rebuilding talent trees, respecting for specific fight, switching talents ect. A lot of people(10 million) played and payed to do so with that system and enjoyed it, now it's a generic game with a generic build for every Druid, DK, Mage, and so on. "Balancing" classes is the best joke I've ever heard for there reasoning behind some things they choose to do. I'd honestly say the big changes they make are to make themselves more money and draw in new people. WOW will never go back to TBC or WoTLK play styles because blizzard won't admit the real reasoning behind what they do. Players will never actually be able to screw things up to the point where it requires them to socialize and ask for help with there class. They tell you it's a game where they want you to work together to succeed but take out the parts leading up to get 20 people and kill bosses then pay us $15 dollars a month... It's honestly kind of boring with the current system but I still love the game. Any player who's been around for the "old" style talents and relics, enchants, meta's would probably argue the game was intended that way to inspire you to talk to other and work together. Hence the generic legendary's that are far from it when 10,000 other players on a server all have it and half are in LFR gear. WOW changed to accommodate someone other than the 10 million players they had before Cata and then just spiraled downhill to the effortless button smashing warriors and overpowered Mage's who will as always top the meters from mid xpax till 7.0 so at least that hasn't changed in the past 7 years...

Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    "I don't have an argument, so rose-tinted-glasses-no-real-choice-too-complex-you-guys-are-dumb".

This is one the worst posts I've ever read here. You're hilarious mate.
    I'm sorry facts don't fit your one sided narrative so you choose to ignore what I said.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thats not the reason quit, i dont hate the game, I love the game but when the studio starts putting up roadblocks such as silver proving grounds ilvl..req..cash shops ... a kick system..then plyers like me that are paying money for this yet do not have full access to the game...then we have no choice but to leave..i went to final fantasy reborn where there are no restriction and im loving everymoment of it,,sorry blizzard this is the studios fault...players are not stupid nor naive..please take that into consideration especially long time players they can clearly see the diff in everything you do..

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    If you'd changed haters to fair weather people... well I'd actually agree.

I think the people that WoW attempts to appeal to, are fair weather friends. And that's just simply a exercise in futility.
    If, as you say, WoW attempts to appeal to anyone outside of organized raid participants, it is only an exercise in futility because they make no attempt at CONSISTENTLY appealing to the same group of players (aside raiders) from expac to expac. I suppose that you could say fans of "insert multi-movie franchise here" would be "fair weather" friends if for example, they went to see a Star Trek movie and what they got was Star Trek made over to be more like Twilight.

Being able to switch key talents on the fly is great(for the low low price of a Tome!), choosing a specialization is also great...for DPS specs.

But what you lost is true customization and the ability to tweak your character. This in conjunction with the removal of reforging meant that your choices essentially didn't matter. Hybrids lost the most, shamans and druids no longer exist they're just crappy wizard-rogues in uncomfortable armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    Thats not the reason quit, i dont hate the game, I love the game but when the studio starts putting up roadblocks such as silver proving grounds ilvl..req..cash shops ... a kick system..then plyers like me that are paying money for this yet do not have full access to the game...then we have no choice but to leave..i went to final fantasy reborn where there are no restriction and im loving everymoment of it,,sorry blizzard this is the studios fault...players are not stupid nor naive..please take that into consideration especially long time players they can clearly see the diff in everything you do..
    Even though I don't care about such roadblocks (because they existed back then too, in the form of attunements and gear requirements), I have to agree with Blizzard putting restrictions on the way you want to play is shit.

Nowadays they shoehorn you into one way of playing. Each spec has exactly ONE way to play nowadays opposed to the numerous builds that were available back in the days. And if for some reason, someone plays a class competitively in a different way than Blizzard intended, they will just nerf it and shoehorn that player back in the same style everyone else is using. You are no longer in control of your character and the way you play because Blizzard decides the way you should play.

The same is true for content. If a new patch hits, everything you did before becomes irrelevant and you get shoehorned into the content they want you to play. You no longer have that adventure of your own, but the adventure everyone else has.

And that's killing the game if you ask me. Having content disparity between players is a good thing. Individual character progression and style should matter. It's an RPG for gods sake. Or well, it used to be. :P Not everything and everyone should be the same on every level. Defeats the purpose of the game if you ask me.