Thread: Farming honor

Deleted

Farming honor

In wod, what is the best method to farm honor? Random bg or ashran? If ashran then how? Also I see that I can get conquest points from ashran so is honor gear pointless?

Ashran. Do the 6 bonus objectives for 2.4k Honor(more if you have one of the % increase buffs in the zone active), then pray the enemy boss doesn't bug out.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Spam kill the enemy boss till you hit daily cap. I think he gives like 700 honor per kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Spam kill the enemy boss till you hit daily cap. I think he gives like 700 honor per kill!
    Wait.. you play on Ravencrest. How do you manage to kill him? I've killed him once since launch, all the other times he doesn't go below 99% health because he heals too quickly. And it's 625 Honor for killing him(350 Conquest once every day or week, not sure, because I haven't been able to kill him again)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-11-20 at 02:45 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Wait.. you play on Ravencrest. How do you manage to kill him? I've killed him once since launch, all the other times he doesn't go below 99% health because he heals too quickly. And it's 625 Honor for killing him(350 Conquest once every day or week, not sure, because I haven't been able to kill him again)
    I couldn't tell you, I don't really pay attention to the Ashran stuff; but yesterday I had a daily for apexis crystals in Ashran so went there. I noticed everyone spamming inv in general and running so I followed them and there was a raid nuking him. Got a box with loot and 700 honor and was like cool. Five minutes later same happens, run back over, kill him again, 700 honor, 5 minutes later and 3rd time I just finished my daily since I don't need honor that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I've honor capped 6 times in less than 2 days in Ashran. Fully geared. Also have over 1k conquest.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I've honor capped 6 times in less than 2 days in Ashran. Fully geared. Also have over 1k conquest.
    and then there are the people whose faction doesn't win Ashran...

If you're like me and your faction is constantly getting dominated in Ashran, do the bonus objectives around the zone and random BGs. Random BGs give pretty decent honor again and reward a loot box. The better you do in the BG the higher quality the box is, which can reward a piece of honor gear or honor.

But yeah, if your faction is winning Ashran, welcome to the gravy train.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Would you mind explaining how? I am on Horde on Stormscale EU and literally CANNOT get into Ashran, and the only time I did, I had no idea what I was doing. Like I cant even go in to do the bonus objectives mentioned?
    Last edited by mmocae9bd67536; 2014-11-20 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supermagma View Post
    Would you mind explaining how? I am on Horde on Stormscale EU and literally CANNOT get into Ashran, and the only time I did, I had no idea what I was doing. Like I cant even go in to do the bonus objectives mentioned?
    By being lucky with queues and the boss not bugging out. Not much you can do yourself to affect any of that, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I play on Ravencrest too, it depends really, for example on Sunday or Monday (I'm not even sure I barely slept after launch for some days) I tanked that boss for like 7 hours straight to farm the repu and before that for gear. At that time there was no crossrealm so like 10 min each kill.
    The bugs became common since Monday or Tuesday I think, most of the time when I get there it's bugged and I always submit a bug report though it doesn't matter I guess.

Also since the crossrealm thing, it's either bugged or the alliance simply can't push in and the horde can't push out at the bridge.
    Or at least that was the case, it could be that the horde from Draenor already gave up, I don't need anything from Ashran anymore so I rarely go there now.
    Last edited by mmoc5e9403d736; 2014-11-20 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rwn View Post
    I play on Ravencrest too, it depends really, for example on Sunday or Monday (I'm not even sure I barely slept after launch for some days) I tanked that boss for like 7 hours straight to farm the repu and before that for gear. At that time there was no crossrealm so like 10 min each kill.
    The bugs became common since Monday or Tuesday I think, most of the time when I get there it's bugged and I always submit a bug report though it doesn't matter I guess.

Also since the crossrealm thing, it's either bugged or the alliance simply can't push in and the horde can't push out at the bridge.
    Or at least that was the case, it could be that the horde from Draenor already gave up, I don't need anything from Ashran anymore so I rarely go there now.
    When I tried today, the pile of Draenor Horde guys were just standing in their bubble while Ravencrest Alliance just threw themselves at the bugged boss. And you might be right about Sunday/Monday, because I didn't get to do any Ashran those days due to the 5 hour queue for the damn place.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Horde boss in Ashran is very bugged at the moment. A lot of servers aren't able to kill him at all and stand around pushing the Horde into their little bubble.

If your side can spam Ashran victories it's the fastest by far, but if not random BG is not a bad way to gear. One thing to keep in mind is that you are far more likely to end up with a higher ilvl from gearing up in BGs than in Ashran, the boxes from both winning and losing award warforged gear. I have 6 warforged pieces after gearing up almost entirely in BGs on my alt.

Ashran. Do the 6 bonus objectives for 2.4k Honor(more if you have one of the % increase buffs in the zone active), then pray the enemy boss doesn't bug out.
    How often can you do those quests? Dailly? Weekly?

Ashran is crazy if your side can ever win. Personally I've never even come remotely close to killing the boss in Ashran, so that's out for me.

Gearing in BGs is ridiculously fast now. Queue with like 3-4 people (I just queued with my partners from my 3s team) and you have a pretty high chance of winning games. Winning gives about 180 honor and a box, which can have another like 100+ honor or just a piece of gear. If you can go on a decent win streak and get lucky with gear you can easily gear up fully in 2 days of BGs. Won like 5 straight games the other night, got 2 pieces of gear and another 1000 honor or so, so it doesn't take all that long.

Deleted
    iv been to ashran like 10 times and only had success once as my server is dominated by the other faction

Random BGs is definitely slower than Ashran. If you just want honor nothing beats going around with a (small) group and killing all the rares when they spawn and turning fragments into honor. Not many people care about honor anymore though, so you might have a hard time finding a rare focused group now.