Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The video isn't viewable from iPads/tablets as far as I can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Odd... Because it flashed up the first frame, then the "not allowed in this region" thing came up.

Seems oddly restrictive, in this day and age, not to let people view the video on their mobile device...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Hmmmmm. I tried on three browsers and all it showed was a frame with a swirl like it was loading that didn't actually spin, but it was just an image.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we'll never know. Unless they unlock it in the UK.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Or you just watch it on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BbTUASfrAI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Or you just watch it on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BbTUASfrAI
    Yeah that works too.

Don't know why, I always forget about YouTube for this sort of stuff.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/mr-robot...rk-1201778118/

12 episodes instead of 10
    Sam Esmail is directing all 12 eps
    and there's a live talk show called 'Hacking Robot' after the premiere lol

They don't know who the host is, but it could be interesting. It's one of the few shows that really makes you think at least, so I mean if Talking Dead can do it...
    Last edited by grandpab; 2016-06-23 at 11:59 PM.

Yeah I was gonna come and post that.

Also there's a two hour season start on July 13th. They're really kicking things off.

Btw isn't it like way too soon to the season opener for them to decide to add two extra episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah I was gonna come and post that.

Also there's a two hour season start on July 13th. They're really kicking things off.

Btw isn't it like way too soon to the season opener for them to decide to add two extra episodes?
    nah, not for a show like this.

they have about 3 months to film and edit it and its not like this show makes use of hardcore cgi or anything like that. this isnt even taking into account any possible breaks it might have inbetween episodes

- - - Updated - - -

and since hes directing EVERY episode id say they already had a plan in place and were probably pushing the network to allow them to add more episodes so they wouldnt have to cut things
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Actually setting up the computer screens to be legit takes mad time. They said in that interview we talked about for like a page that it was like 10 hours of work to get the command Tyrell did to check the Honeypot to show properly and it was only on the screen for a second lol.

But I doubt they'll be doing a lot of hacking this season. Seems like it's more about drama and how the world is changing after economies were destroyed. (I'm guessing this based on the trailer.) If that's true, it's gonna be lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    and there's a live talk show called 'Hacking Robot' after the premiere lol

They don't know who the host is, but it could be interesting. It's one of the few shows that really makes you think at least, so I mean if Talking Dead can do it...
    Talking Dead and Talking Bad have both been really entertaining and an amazing way of decompressing the shows that were just aired, except for the Talking Dead after Fear the Walking Dead, as that was sort of pointless since Fear is so horrible. Talking Saul and Talking Preacher also worked nicely, although they were/are only for the pilot and finale.

"Talking Robot" or Hacking Robot would work just fine, if they got Chris to do it. He's the right kind of nerd to understand at least something about that world, and what he doesn't understand he at least respects and might be honestly curious about, instead of some jaded asshole presenter type who barely knows how to type on a computer. Plus Chris is, of course, a great host. I'm not sure how locked in to AMC Chris is, because he does do @ midnight (without the space, screw this new dumbass @ -system on these forums) for Comedy Central as well.

I'm seriously hoping they've at least thought of getting Hardwick to host the aftershow. Or, if not, then I hope they get someone who's actually well versed in computers, while still managing to be a good presenter.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-24 at 12:45 PM.

Chris Hardwick works for AMC, Mr. Robot in the U.S. is on the USA Network. I don't know that they'd hire from one of their rival cable networks, though Chris did do a Dr. Who post show for the premiere of Dr. Who last year on BBC America. He owns Nerdist, but it depends on what his contract with AMC says, BBC America might have been so far out of competition with AMC that they didn't care if he did a one-off show with them. Doing a weekly show on a rival network might be a problem though

I think an after show of Mr. Robot could be good, especially if they start addressing real life technology-issues and how Mr. Robot reflects things like Anonymous and possibly even Edward Snowden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Chris Hardwick works for AMC
    He also has a show on Comedy Central.

And yeah, I did say "I'm not sure how locked in to AMC Chris is", because we don't know what his contract there stipulates. Might very well be it has a clause stating he can't do an "aftershow format" for any other channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two extra episodes?

Yes please! Although I really hope they can keep up the quality of season one...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Actually setting up the computer screens to be legit takes mad time. They said in that interview we talked about for like a page that it was like 10 hours of work to get the command Tyrell did to check the Honeypot to show properly and it was only on the screen for a second lol.

But I doubt they'll be doing a lot of hacking this season. Seems like it's more about drama and how the world is changing after economies were destroyed. (I'm guessing this based on the trailer.) If that's true, it's gonna be lame.
    i mean.. did anyone ever watch this show for the hacking? i and everyone ive ever known love this show because its one of the few shows about a character with a realistic mental illness.

all the hacking stuff is just decorative flavor, the meat of the story is the fact that this is a guy whos manically depressed and has lost his grip on reality

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Hardwick works for AMC, Mr. Robot in the U.S. is on the USA Network. I don't know that they'd hire from one of their rival cable networks, though Chris did do a Dr. Who post show for the premiere of Dr. Who last year on BBC America. He owns Nerdist, but it depends on what his contract with AMC says, BBC America might have been so far out of competition with AMC that they didn't care if he did a one-off show with them. Doing a weekly show on a rival network might be a problem though

I think an after show of Mr. Robot could be good, especially if they start addressing real life technology-issues and how Mr. Robot reflects things like Anonymous and possibly even Edward Snowden.
    amc owns 49% of bbc america and operates it for the bbc.

basically, bbc supplies the content, amc handles all the marketing, scheduling, and financial stuff.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i mean.. did anyone ever watch this show for the hacking? i and everyone ive ever known love this show because its one of the few shows about a character with a realistic mental illness.

all the hacking stuff is just decorative flavor, the meat of the story is the fact that this is a guy whos manically depressed and has lost his grip on reality
    Well, to be honest, I personally liked the show despite the mental illness -bit, which doesn't really interest me in the least. The computers, hacking and "Big Brother" -aspects of the show are to me much more interesting, rather than some drama about some random guy's mental breakdown. I don't personally find any enjoyment in watching some drama for the sake of drama, of other people suffering and having a hard time. I tend to think that it's a good sign that one's life is way too good if that's something one gravitates towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, to be honest, I personally liked the show despite the mental illness -bit, which doesn't really interest me in the least. The computers, hacking and "Big Brother" -aspects of the show are to me much more interesting, rather than some drama about some random guy's mental breakdown. I don't personally find any enjoyment in watching some drama for the sake of drama, of other people suffering and having a hard time. I tend to think that it's a good sign that one's life is way too good if that's something one gravitates towards.
    or something they can relate to in an intimate way that you dont get from other characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    or something they can relate to in an intimate way that you dont get from other characters
    Well, true, there is that. Still, personally, the last thing I want from my escapism is to watch other people have the same problem as I have. Different strokes I guess, but yeah, since you were wondering there a couple posts back, there are, indeed, people who like the hacking and that kind of stuff in that series, and in fact, the authenticity of the aforementioned is what has made the show so popular, according to all the sources I've read. Not someone struggling with a split personality. Although, that might be very authentic, as well.

The split personality and his mental illness set up the mysteriousness and compelling narrative force of the series, imo.

Of course, going into the show I thought it would just be like "the Anonymous power-hour" which I probably would have grown bored with, but it became more about knowledge and self-knowledge, with some secret society/government conspiracy stuff thrown in. Which was cool as shit.

Quick tidbits regarding this idea and what Chris Hardwick has done so far. Being a comedian, Chris Hardwick would naturally be occasionally featured on Comedy Central regardless of his affiliations.

AMC, has a minority ownership of BBC America, which is why you would find him there from time to time.

As for USA, they are owned by NBC Universal, and while that doesn't rule out Chris, they are more likely to use their resident geek/nerd Zachary Levi.