Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the boyfriend seems like a typical douchebag that didn't really earn his position. so i believe he'd be stupid enough to put in a CD then be confused as to why it wasn't working.

Surprised nobody is posting here anymore. Just finished watching episode 4 and this show is getting seriously weird. I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore. First episode was great and since then it's just becoming more and more of a mind trip.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I kind of lost interest after the whole psychological aspect of him having delusions. I think that's a bit too much on top of an already confusing plot. When you have a complicated web of characters, the last thing you need is another layer of "well is this real or is he just imagining it?".

Not a bad show, just not for me.

My very first thought from the first episode, and ill put this in spoiler tags i guess even thou its just speculation.
    Mr.Robot is just the alter ego of Elliot , it fits really well since noone other then Elliot really speaks or interacts with him, and the hacker girl that borrows his shower is way more comfortable with him then she should be after just having meet him, but it would make sense if he was the mastermind of Fsociety.
    He basicly created the alter ego to confront his own moral issues with what he is doing, wich is why he has an inner monologue on the pier about his father, and decides to punish himself for "betraying the sacred bond" by jumping off the pier.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Surprised nobody is posting here anymore.
    If you bump the thread every Thursday or Wednesday and I'll come to post!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I kind of lost interest after the whole psychological aspect of him having delusions.
    Let's see. We didn't chat in this thread since end of ep 2.

I think episode 3 was okay. That's the one he tried to become normal, but then fsociety revealed that Evil Corp DID cause the leukemia for his dad and that's why he joins them.

But meh him turning normal was just too quick of an overturn for a freak like him. I didn't buy it.

Oh yeah, and then Tyrell banged the fucking receptionist so he could hack his phone. Honestly it was a bit...(I hope people don't call me anti-gay) it was fucking hard to watch that scene for me. A bit too explicit for TV. But man, Tyrell is hardcore. Slaps himself and preps his talk to try to become CTO. Goes home to a wife who knows the shit he's up to for him to move up. And he has no problem nailing a gay guy to get what he needs. And he pays homeless people to beat them up when he has a rough day. And his pregnant wife is a freak.

>i was only PRETENDING to be gay
    LOL

First like 20 minutes of episode 4 I thought were so epic. And then he starts hallucinating and man it was just...not something I wanted to watch. And these people are so loose. Are people really like that? Angela kisses drug dealer girl even though drug dealer girl is now Elliot's GF? And hacker girl still loves that guy who's trying to sell his mixtape? It seemed so fucking stupid that the hacker and arab girl had to take a limo and have their phones thrown out the window and the dark army guys wearing a mask just so they could meet the guy and his friends loitering in front of a fucking deli. Am I the only one who thought that was retarded???

Quote Originally Posted by Cobla View Post
    My very first thought from the first episode, and ill put this in spoiler tags i guess even thou its just speculation.
    Mr.Robot is just the alter ego of Elliot , it fits really well since noone other then Elliot really speaks or interacts with him, and the hacker girl that borrows his shower is way more comfortable with him then she should be after just having meet him, but it would make sense if he was the mastermind of Fsociety.
    He basicly created the alter ego to confront his own moral issues with what he is doing, wich is why he has an inner monologue on the pier about his father, and decides to punish himself for "betraying the sacred bond" by jumping off the pier.
    I read [somewhere] that (this is a theory so I'm putting it in spoilers, don't blame me if it's true and it ruins the show for you later) Elliot is actually the hallucination or a virus or something since in his trip Angela said he was only born a month ago and she said "you're not elliot, you're-"

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

[spoiler] I read [somewhere] that (this is a theory so I'm putting it in spoilers, don't blame me if it's true and it ruins the show for you later) Elliot is actually the hallucination or a virus or something since in his trip Angela said he was only born a month ago and she said "you're not elliot, you're-"
    yeah that would fit pretty well.
    And with his trips to the shrink and all the drugs it paints a pretty clear picture, atleast for me

yikes. .this weeks episode was F8888d up

Quote Originally Posted by Cobla View Post
    yeah that would fit pretty well.
    And with his trips to the shrink and all the drugs it paints a pretty clear picture, atleast for me
    Haven't seen this weeks episode but last weeks episode kind of destroys this theory because Mr. Robot is talking over an ear piece to Elliot who is in the building. So yeah, that theory doesn't work any more.

This weeks episode was as good as the first one.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    This weeks episode was as good as the first one.
    It really was and next weeks looks pretty crazy. That is if what I saw was a commercial for next weeks episode instead of the remaining episodes.

I feel bad for Elliot though, Shayla was the only one making him happy/sane. I think he's going to get into some crazy shit now.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It really was and next weeks looks pretty crazy. That is if what I saw was a commercial for next weeks episode instead of the remaining episodes.

I feel bad for Elliot though, Shayla was the only one making him happy/sane. I think he's going to get into some crazy shit now.
    i always felt Elliot will end up with the blonde girl the first episode really hinted that he has a massive crush on her

I have watched the first 4 episodes. Main character is interesting and they cover all the rainbow with the hackers and his colleagues. It seems like the major plot twist is right in your face.

Christian Slater is Tyler Durden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 8 some major revelations, not what you would have guessed. Well made plot, one more episode next week and than a year waiting for the second season.

Two more episodes.

It was pretty surprising. I honestly feel like I have to rewatch the whole series now lol. Not sure if I should wait til season one finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. I forgot to say Tyrell's wife is a fucking shark. At first I thought she was just going along with him and surprised she knew the stuff he was doing, and now I get the impression all of this stuff is kind of her pushing Tyrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Two more episodes.

It was pretty surprising. I honestly feel like I have to rewatch the whole series now lol. Not sure if I should wait til season one finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. I forgot to say Tyrell's wife is a fucking shark. At first I thought she was just going along with him and surprised she knew the stuff he was doing, and now I get the impression all of this stuff is kind of her pushing Tyrell.
    Yeah, his wife pushing him towards the top was something I did not expect, but it made sense at least, it wasn't just showed in for the sake of being a plot twist.
    the whole scene with him going crazy was very predictable for me, but it was pretty well done so I don' t mind.
    also you can see his face change in the mirror (fight club style) in case you didn't catch that

Holy shit that's insane. Great twist, definitely have to rewatch from the beginning now

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fucking shit...

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH...

Just saw the end of episode 8, I don't think I've EVER been thrown this hard by a TV show, superbly done.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Banged out these 8 episodes in a couple days. Be forewarned: Discussing already-aired episodes of a show is not a spoiler, and I won't be tagging it.

Man, I knew Christian Slater was a delusion from the pilot. You can tell how they do the scenes, it was very Fight Club-y. As soon as I heard the internal monologue addressing a fictional person he made up, and knew the guy was seeing a shrink for mandated therapy, I was on the lookout. And I wasn't wrong:

1) No one is ever in a conversation with Mr. Robot *AND* Eliot at the same time, even if they're in the same room.
    2) Whenever Eliot is talking, people straight up ignore Mr. Robot.
    3) When it's just Eliot/Mr. Robot out in the world, people always address Eliot (bartender when he orders an appletini, IE).
    4) Even in the data center when Mr. Robot is supposedly on the earpiece with him, the other two guys in the van never address him, because he's not there, and Eliot is in the building.
    5) He just shows up in Eliot's building when the two gangbangers are holding him hostage and Darlene has to buzz the intercom to just *TRY* and get in.

That being said, the thing about him being an incarnation of his dead father, and the thing with Darlene at the end of the latest episode caught me off guard. I like the idea that the guy is so delusional, so crazy that he forgot she was his sister and just basically knows her from the past month, and that he has part of his own life just locked away on those CDs.

It's a pretty good show about hacking. I like how the show sometimes just goes on the computer screen, and shows how slow the typing is, and how it's not all CSI "bang your face on the keyboard" type hacking and sometimes just looks really boring.

The drug sequence when he was withdrawing - gold standard.

Shayla dying - you could feel the guy breaking.

The music is pretty amazeballs.

BD Wong (from Law and Order and Jurassic Park) dressed up as a woman (White Rose) in a HDD repair shop - fucking amazing. I wonder if the character is supposed to be female, or if he's supposed to be male and trying to obscure his identity by showing himself as a woman.

I like the main actor. My main criticism of the show is that it's sold as a very Fight Club/V for Vendetta-esque "Let's destroy the Man" type thing, but it's really about the main character's self-destruction and moves away from the "We Are the 99%" revolution subplot fairly quickly. Even the Chinese are like, "Hey, we delayed our plans cause we saw you go off on this batshit crazy side tangent." As he gets crazier and crazier, the show gets more disjointed and nonsensical. That might be an artistic choice, and if it is, kudos, but it becomes super convoluted. I mean, in the month that passed between the episode where Shayla died and the latest episode - why isn't Eliot like a total nutcase trying to track down Vera and enact revenge? Are we supposed to interpret that Eliot's response to the whole "Fight or Flight?" question is...Flight? It seems evident that people know she was murdered - so why haven't there been consequences of that? That's just one example.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2015-08-19 at 09:56 PM.

What revenge do you expect Elliot to enact? Give another anonymous tip so that this time Angela or Darlene can be kidnapped?

It's probably not even easy to find Vera. The only reason his shit was posted online on social media so that Elliot could take him down the first place was because Vera's brother set him up. And Vera made it clear he didn't care about his old drug routes. Dude probably got into a car and is doing low key shit. Nothing that is hackable.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh post style on Kindle is annoying. It's hard to type properly.

I'm excited for tonight's episode. Even though some people in this threads said seasons 2 and 3 are booked, you have to imagine they wrap this season up relatively nicely without too many cliffhangers/loose ends. So this episode should be a good placeholder until next week's finale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I started watching this yesterday and now I'm caught up. Episode 9 was...wow.

The music and acting was phenomenal, I really hope Tyrell doesn't die, I like him just as much as Eliot. There's a gun in the popcorn machine though, and at the end of the episode it panned to the popcorn machine. I expect the gun will be used for something next episode.#

I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrell is another alter ego of Elliot's, something doesn't quite seem right.

I knew Mr Robot was Elliot all along, it was super obvious (as someone else mentioned, never both talking to another person and the way the scenes worked out etc). I wasn't expecting the girl to be his sister though.

I've seen a lot of people comparing the show to Breaking Bad etc, It's not that good. It is very good though.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-08-20 at 09:26 PM.