Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavaran View Post
    Butcher stayed alive for a while too.
    He died in ~18 hours. ~18 hours after method obtaining 5/7 mythic highmaul, butcher world first was obtained.

Whatever boss method is currently working on in HFC is already a 24 + hour boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Real homie View Post
    He died in ~18 hours. ~18 hours after method obtaining 5/7 mythic highmaul, butcher world first was obtained.

Whatever boss method is currently working on in HFC is already a 24 + hour boss.
    Really? I had the idea he survived the reset, I guess that was Imp.

Mar'gok was 3 days according to wowprogress. That raid didn't last half a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Spine of Deathwing lasted very close to twice as long as Blackhand, and Ragnaros lasted over twice as long as Blackhand.
    Spine was hotfixed or? Also the best guilds were banned for a week. Ragnaros looked more like a big execution check rather than a gear check but I could be wrong; Paragon also wiped more on Blackhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blast Furnance lasted like 2 or 3 days wasn't? Basicly the boss or two before the last are kinda road blocks a lot of the time. (Blackfuse, Paragons, Blast furnace, Spine, etc.) So it's not surprising that one of the last end wing bosses is a challenge, especially Tyrant (maybe Xhul?), even on heroic shes kind of a bitch. Will be interesting to see how Mannoroth ends up.

Nothing survived the reset in Highmaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Spine was hotfixed or? Also the best guilds were banned for a week. Ragnaros looked more like a big execution check rather than a gear check but I could be wrong; Paragon also wiped more on Blackhand.
    Paragon wiped more on Blackhand because you would often wipe on Blackhand only a few minutes into the fight, whereas the majority of their wipes on Ragnaros were 10-15 minutes into the fight.

Generally top guilds aren't going to be wiping on execution checks for long. Mar'gok, for example, was all execution. The biggest execution check Blizzard ever made is probably Yogg-Saron's Alone in the Darkness but that also had an intense dps requirement.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2015-07-04 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Nothing survived the reset in Highmaul.
    Yup, my bad. I don't know why but it felt like it lasted longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with that Nitros, execution is really almost never a big factor for these guilds nowdays. Not saying it's not a factor, but they are kinda just so above almost anything they get thrown, gear checks and tunning is what plays a big role into a large part of the bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the only one surprised about From Scratch progress this tier? They are ahead exorsus...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    I'm the only one surprised about From Scratch progress this tier? They are ahead exorsus...
    Nope, Exorsus 8/13 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by godville View Post
    Nope, Exorsus 8/13 right now.
    A good hour behind From scratch

15+ Year Old Account
    Tyrant being another nice wall, as I predicted.

Either that or guilds are working on Xhul, which I can't really imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Tyrant being another nice wall, as I predicted.

Either that or guilds are working on Xhul, which I can't really imagine.
    This is strictly hearsay (albeit via Xyronic in Falken's Twitch chat - his source shall remain unnamed), but I have on pretty solid authority that Tyrant is considered unkillable this reset in its current state. My money is on the top 3 guilds currently working on Xhul'horac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    This is strictly hearsay (albeit via Xyronic in Falken's Twitch chat - his source shall remain unnamed), but I have on pretty solid authority that Tyrant is considered unkillable this reset in its current state. My money is on the top 3 guilds currently working on Xhul'horac.
    That'd be pretty interesting to see a non-end boss last longer than the first reset. When's the last time that happened? ToT?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    That'd be pretty interesting to see a non-end boss last longer than the first reset. When's the last time that happened? ToT?
    I don't recall, but it seems to be purely a tuning issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the boss is simply egregiously overtuned and gets nerfed before a first kill on it is seen. At any rate for now I personally expect a Xhul'horac kill before a Tyrant one.

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I always had Tyrant pegged for a boss that was likely to last more than a single reset. The Mythic mechanics mean any sort of relevant tuning automatically makes the DPS check in P2 and P3 unrelentingly brutal. I simply cannot imagine what it must be like trying to do P3 (provided anyone has even gotten close to seeing P3) with any degree of persisting max HP reduction and the gear people have right now.

15+ Year Old Account

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I always had Tyrant pegged for a boss that was likely to last more than a single reset.
    I have too. I'm surprised that so many people have been overlooking her. Maybe they aren't aware of how tight it is even on heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I really like is that for Tyrant you can't just swap roles around to topple it. You actually have to balance dps vs healing... how many healers to take, vs how many and what kind of dps do you take.

At first Glance I would say more dps than healers because by the end of P2 you either are gonna make it by a close margin or you gonna be wiping. But if you plan your whole role strat on P2, you can still fail in P3.. I flippin love it.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    What I really like is that for Tyrant you can't just swap roles around to topple it. You actually have to balance dps vs healing... how many healers to take, vs how many and what kind of dps do you take.

At first Glance I would say more dps than healers because by the end of P2 you either are gonna make it by a close margin or you gonna be wiping. But if you plan your whole role strat on P2, you can still fail in P3.. I flippin love it.
    I fully expect the world first Tyrant kill to be 4-healed at the very most, and 3-healing wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. The fight is entirely a race against the clock, and it'll be really, really interesting to see just how the first guilds to kill her manage it.

In theory I suppose it could simply be impossible to do anything other than 5-heal the fight and the boss lives until she's nerfed or guilds have accumulated enough gear to kill her with 5 healers, but I find that rather unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect the world first Tyrant kill to be 4-healed at the very most, and 3-healing wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. The fight is entirely a race against the clock, and it'll be really, really interesting to see just how the first guilds to kill her manage it.

In theory I suppose it could simply be impossible to do anything other than 5-heal the fight and the boss lives until she's nerfed or guilds have accumulated enough gear to kill her with 5 healers, but I find that rather unlikely.

I can see forgoing priests in favor of Mistweave monks. Would the dps of MW versus other healers be enough of a factor?

Also, tweeting back and forth with ArchimondeHFC on twitter is kind of fun: https://twitter.com/troubled_hero/st...38383102574592
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2015-07-04 at 02:08 AM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"