Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    I think the point is that it's far more efficient overall for warriors to take BS while most other classes focus on single target DPS, there's a bigger cost for others to go AOE than for warriors.

For a warrior to do 30k boss dps but 60k overall doesn't mean 'inefficient', since everyone else is doing more single target on the boss, and there's no way barrage does the same amount of burst AOE as bladestorm.
    You're missing the point though, other classes casting AOE are not speccing away from single target damage just for a tiny burst window, if the hands die in 2gcd's for us then it means they are very low health for the content level, which means that it's very easy to kill them off. Now a hunter taking Barrage is not gimping single target dps, but a Fury Warrior taking Bladestorm is.

You're gimping your single target throughout the entire fight, just so that your raid can avoid using casting 3 seconds worth of AOE on stuff that doesn't need to die that fast anyway. The proof is in the pudding though really, as the logs suggest that as a result of Bladestorming the Warrior dps to boss is very poor on this fight. If it was a really important mechanic that was key to the fight then Bladestorm would be invaluable here, but really the hands on HC are just fodder with no health.

Like I said I'm not against it and I even want a piece of the action for the good of fun! I just think it's funny that people say Warrior is so powerful here because of Bladestorm as if this is really meaningful damage from a progression point of view, when the hands are the least threatening and most undertuned part of the fight, and require you to forbid the raid from dpsing just so you can get your moneys worth.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by VanirWoW View Post
    It might just be weak one strats getting worked out but for my group the ranged did the vast majority of the add slaying. On Korm the hands died so fast that BS wouldn't have gotten half the ticks, I guess that will change come mythic though. Bladestorm worked out well on Xhul and Iskar for sure. On mannaroth it wasn't even close, the Imps get crushed by ranged cleave and DK's before I even had a chance. Destroying the boss in Execute phase brought better results and I imagine that holds true for most raid groups. Same for Archi, Bladestorm felt like padding on the dogs for dps versus Avatar adding a rather huge dps boost for the execute and prio targets.
    I guess that can happen and is based on your personal raid comp, but speaking generally (as these guides do), its better for the Warrior to Bladestorm. I too went Single target on our Archimonde, only because we had so much cleave in our raid that the adds were getting destroyed without BS doing anything useful. It happens.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawksie View Post
    What did they revert? I wasn't following Arms changes.
    They changed the 2set back to 60% instead of 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I guess that can happen and is based on your personal raid comp, but speaking generally (as these guides do), its better for the Warrior to Bladestorm. I too went Single target on our Archimonde, only because we had so much cleave in our raid that the adds were getting destroyed without BS doing anything useful. It happens.
    So basically what you suggest is DR>Ava>AM on fights where adds are getting cleaved down fast and BS when they aren't, got it. I mean, that's practically what I was already doing, just nice to see some verification.

AM is based on how long the fight will be for your guild. I didn't need it for Iron Reaver(had 3 Recks up comfortably without it), but for Kromrok I wasn't able to use my 3rd Reck until the boss was at like 2% HP(of course it was only our 5th pull so I had no clue we'd kill it that fast LOL). But those of you who were full clearing or almost full clearing Mythic BRF are probably killing the bosses way faster than we are.

I went BS for Kromrok and combined with our other Warrior and DK, the Hands just melted. Yeah it sucks having lower single target but I feel like if I didn't go BS, the Hands would have went down a LOT slower. Ravager is probably not needed though if you're running BS. Probably based more on your raid comp though(we have no Boomkins or Warlocks and I believe neither of our Mages went Fire).

Deleted
    AM Avatar Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    AM is based on how long the fight will be for your guild. I didn't need it for Iron Reaver(had 3 Recks up comfortably without it), but for Kromrok I wasn't able to use my 3rd Reck until the boss was at like 2% HP(of course it was only our 5th pull so I had no clue we'd kill it that fast LOL). But those of you who were full clearing or almost full clearing Mythic BRF are probably killing the bosses way faster than we are.

I went BS for Kromrok and combined with our other Warrior and DK, the Hands just melted. Yeah it sucks having lower single target but I feel like if I didn't go BS, the Hands would have went down a LOT slower. Ravager is probably not needed though if you're running BS. Probably based more on your raid comp though(we have no Boomkins or Warlocks and I believe neither of our Mages went Fire).
    AM is pretty much better in every situation for Fury at this point, even with iffy kill times.

Deleted
    I understand the point in taking Bladestorm for Kormrok as it's one of the strongest burst aoe spells in the game.
    But is it okay to wait 1:40 mins to use Recklessness and Bladestorm?
    We run with 2 Warrior 3 Hunter and 1 Enhancement Shaman.
    In my opinion it's a waste because 2 Bladestorms, 3 Barrages and an Enhancement Shaman should be enough. Using Recklessness there is pure meter padding

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthoras View Post
    I understand the point in taking Bladestorm for Kormrok as it's one of the strongest burst aoe spells in the game.
    But is it okay to wait 1:40 mins to use Recklessness and Bladestorm?
    We run with 2 Warrior 3 Hunter and 1 Enhancement Shaman.
    In my opinion it's a waste because 2 Bladestorms, 3 Barrages and an Enhancement Shaman should be enough. Using Recklessness there is pure meter padding
    1min 40s is assuming you do the hands 3rd and last, if you do them first then the hands come near the start of the fight so it's more practical. But yeah if you already have strong AOE and especially if you're running a smaller group then it's not practical. A lot of the big Bladestorm glory runs on this fight were done in 25-30man groups, and all of them with the hands at the start.

If you're doing hands last (at 1m 40s) then taking Bladestorm seems completely pointless.. This is how we did it, and with a AOE heavy raid setup Bladestorm is just not worth using at all. On the other hand, you can actually do some respectible boss damage with Avatar and if you were going for a speed kill that is the talent you would take, since the boss aint dying faster just because you did 100k+ dps on the hands, but then I guess that depends on the exact raid setup.

As for recklessness, if you're going to Bladestorm for glory then you might aswel recklessness too, if you're gonna do it and the hands can last (IE your raid doesn't insta gib them before BS finishes) then you might as well give it the full balls and e-peen those meters since you're already gimping your boss damage by taking BS in the first place.

Either go full or go home I say!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Only time you'd want to hold your first reck for hands is if you go with the hands pool first, and you want to pad your numbers/you're the only one aoe'ing.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

BS or avatar for killrogg if you dont go in the portals?

AM is pretty much better in every situation for Fury at this point, even with iffy kill times.
    Ah I see. I went Siegebreaker on Reaver tonight(AM on Assault and Komrok), since I was getting 3 Recks anyway, but I guess its nice to be able to sync my trinket and get more Avatars and Storm Bolts off as well.

Go hunter for all of them. Best warrior spec, RIP fel trinkets.

It's not like warriors are still one of, if not the top class for a lot of the fights in HFC, but if you feel like rerolling, feel free to do so.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by parano View Post
    BS or avatar for killrogg if you dont go in the portals?
    Why would you go Bladestorm on a single target fight like Kilrog? Just use Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiarchGrim View Post
    Why would you go Bladestorm on a single target fight like Kilrog? Just use Avatar.
    Bladestorming the add is nice, as is using it during the down phase to quickly get 20 stacks, though strictly speaking, using Avatar during execute will yield better results there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Only time you'd want to hold your first reck for hands is if you go with the hands pool first, and you want to pad your numbers/you're the only one aoe'ing.
    There's a rule in my raid: Stand on top of Archi if you want to be broken out.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post

<.<

>.>

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Please note that "only one AoE'ing" part of what I said.
    My Stream

Bladestorming the add is nice, as is using it during the down phase to quickly get 20 stacks, though strictly speaking, using Avatar during execute will yield better results there.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a rule in my raid: Stand on top of Archi if you want to be broken out.
    *facepalm*

Totally forgot about that.

I've been going in with Bladestorm to gain the stacks ASAP. Do you just Meat Cleave, since it sounds like you go in with Avatar instead.