Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Chicken Breast. Oven or stove?

Looks like eithor or gets you succulent and tasty meat. What do you recommend chef Bigzoman do and why?

(Yeah, it's a phase i'm going through. Deal with it.)

Slice it into pieces, give it a little salt and pepper, and throw it on you stovetop in a pan with yellow squash, tomatoes, and spinach or kale in it.

Cook that shit up and devour it.

If you want to do oven, get some peppers (sweet and hot), slice em up small. Put your chicken breast in tin foil with the peppers and cook until finished.

Finish with cheese and maybe a side salad or vegetable.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Bench press, at least until you can lift the oven or stove, shit's heavy.

For something really simple, I love to just throw a chicken breast on the george foreman, the breast has a nice grilled outer and the breast inside is so juicy, then I just squeeze some lemon over it, with some boiled potatoes (also squeeze some lemon over these) and some nice wet salad on the side, (cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, sweetcorn, spring onion, lettuce - all diced-) A really simple, healthy and tasty meal. ( add salt and pepper to your own tastes ofc)

Crockpot. Chicken breast can sometimes be a little dry, but after a few hours in the crockpot, it's tender and delicious. If you insist on the stove or oven, I'd go for thighs instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Looks like eithor or gets you succulent and tasty meat. What do you recommend chef Bigzoman do and why?

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2...chicken-pathia

you can thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Give this one a try too, it's pretty yummy-- http://busycooks.about.com/od/chicke...ockaprchix.htm

Both. Sear the chicken in a pan until it's nicely sealed and just about the colour you like it, then pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes to finish. The searing adds flavour and locks in the moisture to keep it nice and juicy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep the crockpot method in mind. Currently just putting em in the oven with seasoning.

Might be able to get some roast beef and use that with the crockpot first though.

Dude...grill.

all else failing, stove.

Another nice way to cook a chicken breast, though a little more indulgent, is to butterfly your chicken breast, and spread it with some Boursin, then fold it over and wrap it in smoked streaky bacon, hold it together with some wooden skewers (or metal) then wrap in foil and place in the oven, take the foil off for the last 10 mins of cooking (to crisp up the bacon). it's delicious!

Or any soft cheese with a flavour, my hubby likes to add Jalapenos inside, I'm not a fan of them or anything spicy so prefer without

Marinade in honey mustard for a few hours then stick that in the pan, baste with excess sauce. Serve with white rice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Dude...grill.

all else failing, stove.
    Ughhhh please don't remind me. I can't afford one right now.

I just wanna get the biggest steak I can find, drawk some lips on it with some A1 sauce, and have an intense makeout session with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Marinade in honey mustard for a few hours then stick that in the pan, baste with excess sauce. Serve with white rice.
    Currently got brown rice, green beans, and corn.

You make me wanna get the white rice at the store and smother it with gravy this weekand though.

Whole chicken? Roasted.

Cut bone-in chicken? Southern fried.

Boneless? Pan seared in olive oil.

Cut boneless? Stir fried.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stew my chicken breast. I rarely grill them as they tend to turn dry and I get exhausted from just eating dried breast.

this thread is making me hungry. Only meats id use pan for is bacon and some steaks. I dont take any risks under cooking chicken.

Pre heat oven to 350. put the chicken breast in a viplock bag with 3tbls of olive oil, 3tbls of red wine vinegar and minced garlic. make sure the chicken gets covered with the mix. let sit till oven is ready. Place chicken in a baking dish, pour the mix from the bag on the chicken. Place in the oven for 25min. after 25min pull the chicken out and put sliced mushrooms on top, drizzle some olive oil and red wine vinegar on top and place back in the oven for 15min. after 15min pull out and place sliced swiss cheese on top and let melt. Then EAT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the thread you'd want to bump into when you're fasting... THANK YOU FOR RUINING MY "LIFE"

I'll keep the crockpot method in mind. Currently just putting em in the oven with seasoning.

Might be able to get some roast beef and use that with the crockpot first though.
    Crockpot takes forever. Oven tastes better but takes longer, grill is probably your best bet if not then the stove is a last resort but quicker then the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know i'm almost certain i've seen this exact same thread before,..........
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.