10+ Year Old Account

I used to pve hardcore;

I used to be heavy into the pve scene, raiding six nights a week during progression and all that jazz, but my life changed, got a new job, couldn't do it anymore. So I started pvping in the shorter time I had, gearing up on special by weekends that my faction win consistently, then doing arena in any spare time I wanted to play wow.

Well it seems like those days of "casual gearing up" are essentially over if you have a full time+ job and other responsibilities. Queue ashran when I get home, two hours later queue pops, ten minutes later I'm ready for bed. Ten++++ minute queue for any bg, 15-20 minutes for mediocre honor. Queue skirmishes, which I actually enjoy? Completely garbage honor.

When did pvp turn into such a slog?
    You're a towel.

Ashran is fucked everyone knows that. Horde BGs are instant pop. Skirmishes aren't that slow if you are winning most of them.
    Hi Sephurik

I have yet to get into Ashran in under an hour, I think that is the main problem people are having.
    Hi Sephurik

Try gearing with the pvp building in your garrison - it isn't perfect but it seems to drop gear like 50% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just can't find time, you're either an exceptionally busy person, or you're doing it wrong.

I'm married, have a job, go to college and I still managed to raid 3 times a week before taking a break from raiding.
    My old RL had a wife, 2 kids, owner of a hardware store, still raided 5 times a week on 2 guilds.

All you gotta do is manage your time correctly, which is a problem a lot of people have.

You don't have to raid everyday of the week to get somewhere in pve, only the very top guilds do that.
    Find a gap in your daily schedule (you have to have one, unless you're a chinese factory worker) and do stuff at that time.

Search for guilds that do stuff in your days off.
    Last edited by Icathian; 2015-07-02 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work a salaried postion, not hourly. I don't clock in, I don't work the same hours every day, and my days off change every week. I'm not getting into a raiding guild, nor would I want one that would put up with my asinine schedule.

Pvp used to be a great way to spend a lot less time while playing at a high level in short bursts, now if you don't hear the first couple weeks and farm your best pieces, you are behind with no real way to catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

A wife and two kids and owned a store and raided five nights a week in two guilds at the same time? Sounds like he's burning the candle from both ends and getting less than two hours of sleep a day
    You're a towel.

7+ Year Old Account
    I read the title of the post and immediately though it was going to end with..."then i took an arrow to the knee". But yeah, pvp is quite a bit annoying at the time. Even with the changes the keep making, Ashran is still just meh for me. I may go in if i feel i can use the gear on an alt or something but thats about it, especially because i know my time in there will be like pulling teeth with the amount of teamwork the alliance have on my battlegroup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I work a salaried postion, not hourly. I don't clock in, I don't work the same hours every day, and my days off change every week. I'm not getting into a raiding guild, nor would I want one that would put up with my asinine schedule.

Pvp used to be a great way to spend a lot less time while playing at a high level in short bursts, now if you don't hear the first couple weeks and farm your best pieces, you are behind with no real way to catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

A wife and two kids and owned a store and raided five nights a week in two guilds at the same time? Sounds like he's burning the candle from both ends and getting less than two hours of sleep a day
    He would raid in the early morning before opening his shop and also raid at night. His raiding times would alternate, so he would raid 1 day in the morning with 1 guild, and on the other day at night with the other guild. So sometimes he would go to bed early, sometimes later. His kids are 7+ so they're not high management. It's tricky, and it involves some sacrifices ofc but that's how people that are passionate about their hobbies are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think pvp is easier to gear up than it used to be. Que for a bg, get a strongbox, open for pvp gear, you also get honor from the bg that you use to buy more pvp gear. Also the glad arena thing your garrison but ive never really used it that much. Ive only had like 0-5min que times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    When did pvp turn into such a slog?
    When 95+% of pvp'ers went ally.

Horde queue for BG's is instant. Ashran is near instant.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I pve ..love it hate pvp too squishy..

when everyone went ally, cause racial.

STUPID AF

random bgs seem to have been indirectly phased out for pvp gearing.

Ashran is mandatory for fast honor gearing. If you cannot access Ashran you must find some consistent partners to spam Skirmishes.