What spec for pvp (rogue) in 6.2?

Leveling a rogue to pvp with in 6.2 but I cant find any forums threads or anything related to what spec is gonna be the go to build.

I was thinking Assassination but Combat looks good?

Any thoughts?

Personally I think Assassination will be the way to go and from speaking with other rogues in the community I think that most are in agreement.

I'm already very happy with my assassination rogue in PVP, and I haven't even logged him in for 6.2, where he'll be getting a 30% buff to mutilate and envenom. I think the major draw to combat in PVP is killing spree, and it being immune to cc, but that is going away. Killing Spree will probably become a target for cc, rather than an immunity to it.

Aside from the Killing Spree change, the existing guides should still cover 6.2 PVP pretty well. There weren't any major changes, like talent tree adjustments. Cloak of Shadows is on a slower cooldown, but that is for all specs, and it will still get used in the same way, just not as often.

I play subtlety in bg's. I enjoy having the extra control and burst with Shadow Dance. But I have been thinking about doing assassination again to try it out with the buff to in this patch.

Sorry, can't post links yet, but here is what I use:

- I use feint to reduce damage taken as well as nerve strike.
    - Shadow focus allows me to get have more energy when coming out of stealth.
    - Burst of speed for increased mobility on short cd and a get out of snare.
    - Internal Bleeding to get some extra damage out of kidney. I use it a lot, why not get some extra damage.
    - Marked for death is nice to be able to get some needed burst or to keep up buffs / rupture.
    - Finally I chose Shadow Reflection for the extra burst. I use it at the same time that I use Shadow Dance with my on use trinket to get some nice burst and keep pressure.

Mute seems really good right now (and easy as hell)

/just a noob rogue thoughts
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Killing spree still immunes most CC like Blind and Gouge from what I've seen doing skirms the past 2 days, so combat will still be strong. The best and burstiest spec atm is assassination and it's pretty annoying since it is the easiest and requires the least setup for HUGE burst. Apply rupture on target and spend energy on multilate, kidney on CD, gg. You can't really go wrong with it.

I've been playing subtlety in BGs and it can pull off decent numbers when you have rupture up, find weakness on target, slice active on yourself for max auto attacks (huge portion of dmg) and energy regen, critting and with shadow dance for cheaper ambushes. Good luck setting up that sort of thing against decent players though, you're just going to get CC'd and it's hard to dish out any pressure without dance since backstab hits for nothing and other than that you're refreshing buffs/doing baby eviscerates.

.. Meanwhile assassination is unpeelable while doing their swifty DfA and vanishing for damage. Such a joke lol

All three specs are currently good. Combat and Assassination are the best ones i'd say. Combat rogues seem really happy with the changes, saying that the KS nerf is barely noticeable and that the damage outside of KS is really good.

Assassination is currently OP for one reason, and that is "enhanced vendetta" which gives you a 100% crit chance when you activate Vendetta. This is why we see such big numbers from DFA. Vendetta + DFA hurts alot, since it always crits. 4-set is a problem aswell of course (100% crit after vanish). And using these together can get someone from 100% to 0% in just a few seconds.

Personally i play Assass/Sub. Always have and always will. And i think enhanced vendetta and/or our 4-set should be changed.
    Actually i think the 4-set for all three specs should change. Sub 4-set is terrible. 7% damage boost (or 3.5% damage reduction) while feint is up. Laughable. Terrible set bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub is going to be better than Assassination when everyone has full conquest gear. Sub doesn't have the burst potential that Assassination does, but it has more burst opportunities than Assassination as well as better control. Assassination just sucks outside of Vendetta and it scales like shit.

Both specs will be good though. Combat is still good casually.

Assassination all the way. Just hope they won't nerf it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Assassination all the way. Just hope they won't nerf it.
    You should know it takes a LOOOOOONG ASS TIME for Blizzard to change anything .

Assassination is pretty good right now, good damage but the burst is tied to vanish and vendetta so that still makes it awful+ you cannot effectively utilize Wound poison without losing damage and uptime of venomous wounds. Wound poison in pvp only lasts 12 seconds. Every Poison tick from deadly poison's dot also has a chance to crit.

You can use that lame azz glyph to make vanish a 1 minute Cold Blood button.

So many rerolls though trying to Nuke with vendetta and death from above. It can so easily be countered by anyone with a brain and a defensive available.

I think the best Spec still for 3v3 is going to end up being Sub in the hands of good players. Assassin will be more prevalent than last season in 3s at least for a while but will end up a 2s and Bgs spec which it has been for years now. It has no extra utility/survivability/Control than Sub. Your limited to what you can do, some decent sustained, some decent spread pressure in some case, some decent burst if your lucky.