Deleted

Mistweaver guildmate

Hello, my Mistweaver guildmate is underperforming a little so our raid leader asked to post some logs of his for analyzation by the pros. I'll link some logs from our heroic farm nights. Any advice is appreciated.

Since I can't post links yet I'll just do them like this:

Warcraftlogs: /reports/6cAJX8knyzVMCNFB#fight=4
    /reports/2rcBQYkKjmPAqn7N
    /reports/t7LfcajwqkXYDJRv

10+ Year Old Account
    looking at the first link.
    Chi generation is good, although he should use Chi Brew more... only using it once in even a 3 minute fight is rather lackluster. Also try not to waste chi, 4 seems to be quite a lot out of 69 chi gains.
    His uplift casts are very few and overheal a lot, he should time it after obvious attacks like Inferno Slice.
    Same thing with RJW overhealing a ton, but the cast count is fine.

2nd link
    Revival use is good, although I suspect it's just used to pad the healing amount with just (two) GCDs. It really shouldn't be the monk's most healing done especially in a non-farm scenario.
    ReM use is good.
    Uplift use is okay.
    He should try using expel harm more because it's a good chi generator when you need to bank Renewing Mists charges for incoming raidwide damage.
    He can try getting more RJWs, it's very strong at Kromog but when I look at the mana, somehow he doesn't get a lot of mana. In comparison to my farm kill which is 4 seconds different, I gained twice as many mana as he did from mana tea. Maybe he was lacking spirit, idk.
    Chi Burst is also very strong especially as free heals, use more of that and try aiming it at both the melee and range stack.
    Not using Chi Brew at all makes the level 45 talent tree a complete waste.

3rd link, same as above but only getting 2 RJW casts are veeeery bad.

Deleted
    No revival on the first log also.

If he wants to fistweave on gruul he should use chi explosion.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Okay let's go through this 1 log at the time.

Log 1:
    He seems confused with his talent choices. On one hand he wants to fistweave and on the other hand he is set up for Mistweaving with RJW. If you want to fistweave on a fight like Gruul, you'll want to use Chi Explosion and fistweave the entire fight. If you want to mistweave, be in the melee group (if there is one) and use RJW accordingly. Having 55% overhealing on RJW, 46% on Uplift and 63% on Chi Burst is much too high. Also no Revivals is of course a lot of healing he missed out on.
    He is also fistweaving wrong. All he is doing is using RSK, which is not what you should do, especially if you are running Pool of Mists. You want to keep Crane's Zeal and Tiger Power up and then spending the rest of the chi on RSK. Him having ZERO casts of either Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick is not good.
    Also using RJW offensively (and on 1 target) is not a good idea, especially if your spirit is low.
    Wasting 4 Chi is not ideal either. That is 2 Uplifts or 2 RSK casts more you're missing out on.

Log 2:
    Way too few RJW casts. If you're only going to cast it 6 times, Xuen or Chi Torpedo is better.
    Also too few Uplift casts. On a Kromog fight that lasted 11 sec longer than yours I had almost double his casts which is also attributed to me simply generating more chi due to more RJW casts and Expel Harm casts primarily. Having 1 Expel Harm is really low as it's basically free chi. Also he used 0 Chi Brew charges. 0. A wasted talent. Even Ascension would've been better. Unless he ran Ascension? If he did, he shouldn't. By far the worst talent in that tier.
    Also Chi Burst could use some work. Not a lot of healing with it although it looks better than the Gruul log in terms of overhealing.

Log 3:
    Once again, very few Uplift casts. INSANELY FEW RJW casts. Once again, Chi Torpedo or Xuen would've been better. Chi Burst could once again use some work as it's much much lower than the other log even. And then randomly switching to Crane Stance for a short while. Seems odd and pointless since all he did was RJW.
    2 wasted chi, could use some work, especially with the low amount of chi he is generating. Either Ascension or Chi Brew again and no Chi Brew uses.
    Very few Expel Harm casts again. Definitely needs work.

So in general he needs to work on generating more chi via more Expel Harm/RJW/Chi Brew or Power Strikes, being smarter about his timings so he won't overheal as much and abuse Chi Burst a lot more. Free healing is always good. Positioning also seems a bit off for RJW as one of the RJWs didn't generate chi which means it hit way too few people.

Deleted
    this is really handy thanks.

Thread is basically over, but just pointing some things out. I also didn't look at the logs cause lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumilai View Post
    If you want to fistweave on a fight like Gruul, you'll want to use Chi Explosion and fistweave the entire fight.
    Not necessarily true. I did a lot of Fistweaving in BRF(haven't had a chance in HFC yet since nothing is on farm obviously) and using ChiEx is not really necessary or optimal on all fights. Even on Gruul, you'll do more healing by just maximizing DPS with PoM than using ChiEx as your raid is most likely not completely stacked(at least on mythic) making ChiEx lackluster. ChiEx is actually amazing if you have a large stack of people to use it on, but the ChiEx rotation does about half the DPS of the PoM rotation and if you aren't stacked isn't even going to do as much healing. Also, if you're running PoM it gives you the ability to say "I'm not doing enough healing and the raid is dying. I should stop Fistweaving." With ChiEx you still have that option, but your healing as a Mistweaver is greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumilai View Post
    Way too few RJW casts. If you're only going to cast it 6 times, Xuen or Chi Torpedo is better.
    Again, not exactly true. There are often times where I only use RJW 3-4 times a fight and it's still a better option than Chi Torpedo or Xuen. RJW is such a strong AoE that just a few casts of it can make it one of your top 5 heals easily. Chi Torpedo is a good option, but if you have the spirit I'd still prefer RJW. Xuen is great for DPS checks or low damage fights, but there's no way using Xuen over RJW is going to be better for straight healing even if you only use it once.

Otherwise everything said here is pretty spot on. Most MWs have issues with Uplift timing and not casting it enough and even more of them don't cast Expel Harm on CD(or close to it, don't wanna go over chi cap) like they should. Also, I personally find Power Strikes easier to play with if he's struggling with Chi Brew as well, but Chi Brew is technically the better option(it's very close, but Chi Brew is more versatile).
    Last edited by Nokcihc; 2015-06-29 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokcihc View Post
    Also, I personally find Power Strikes easier to play with if he's struggling with Chi Brew as well, but Chi Brew is technically the better option(it's very close, but Chi Brew is more versatile).
    Power Strikes vs Chi Brew is probably the only "real" option we have, they are both viable, it's all about personal preference.

So there is no better option.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Power Strikes vs Chi Brew is probably the only "real" option we have, they are both viable, it's all about personal preference.

So there is no better option.
    Well, generally Chi Brew is considered to be better for throughput on burst heavy fights because it allows you to Uplift 2 extra times during heavy damage. Overall though, they're pretty much completely equal and just a matter of opinion.