Thread: Predator title

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Is he a solo instance by that I mean when you port to him and phase is that your personal phase or can others port in with you?
    With the crystal when you port into a rare you see others arrive after doing the same thing, is it the same with this rare or is he just yours alone? If others can join it may be worth setting up kill groups otherwise if people are solo killing this mob its going to be a nightmare to kill as more people gain exalted etc...

Quote Originally Posted by bnj2 View Post
    Another 6 hours of trying (25 attempts) and still nothing. The only thing I can think of is that I'm only friendly with Vol'jin's Spear, but that's not a Tanaan faction.
    It still has it's own spawn timer. If someone's killed it before you use the crystal, you get taken to another rare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauolin View Post
    Is he a solo instance by that I mean when you port to him and phase is that your personal phase or can others port in with you?
    With the crystal when you port into a rare you see others arrive after doing the same thing, is it the same with this rare or is he just yours alone? If others can join it may be worth setting up kill groups otherwise if people are solo killing this mob its going to be a nightmare to kill as more people gain exalted etc...
    A player advertising Xemirkol was standing in front of him, phased with him. I used the crystal and I appeared next to him and Xemirkol and we both killed him. We both had the Shadow Trap debuff that puts you in the correct phase.

The only way to group up to do kills is for someone to use the crystal and appear in front of Xemirkol, then tell guildmates/friends/etc that they've got him and for them to use their crystals (as long as they meet the requirements too). Keep in mind you've only got ten minutes up there before you exit his phase.

We may start seeing Xemirkol groups appear more often.

Quote Originally Posted by bnj2 View Post
    Another 6 hours of trying (25 attempts) and still nothing. The only thing I can think of is that I'm only friendly with Vol'jin's Spear, but that's not a Tanaan faction.
    The crappy part is that as more people finish the reps over the next week or two it's going to be harder and harder to find this guy alive. Keep trying. Find groups on dead/low pop servers and try there. I think I got mine on Lothar. The reason so many people over the past week have reported getting it on the first try is they were among the .05% of people who had finished the reps at that point.

It will probably be rough to find him the next few months, but as people start taking breaks before the next expansion it should get easier again.

The guy is no joke, his Carrion Blast knockback is comparable to a slightly weaker Blackhand Shattering Smash. Even facing the back wall, it looked like I was about to fly over it (or it was camera trickery).
    He stunned me once in a shadow crash that I was slow to move out of and I almost died. The carrion blast is a casted frontal ability... you can move out of it and not get knocked back or take any damage. As long as you're moving out of the shadow puddles he's actually not that scary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    The crappy part is that as more people finish the reps over the next week or two it's going to be harder and harder to find this guy alive. Keep trying. Find groups on dead/low pop servers and try there. I think I got mine on Lothar. The reason so many people over the past week have reported getting it on the first try is they were among the .05% of people who had finished the reps at that point.
    Yeah, it was my mistake. I saved my medallions to get the most out of the with the DMF buff and I completely forgot about this achievement.

Update: finally got it on a very low pop French server - took me almost 3 days and prolly over 100 tries.

The Carrion Blast is a pain in the ass. You need to have your back to the wall to avoid getting kicked, and also avoid corners, as you're thrown up in the air and Xemirkol despawns. Also, it has an very small hit box,
    Last edited by mmocf28803035b; 2015-07-11 at 11:53 PM.

Being trying it on low pop servers now for 6 days
    one of the most annoying mobs to get ported to ever!
    will have to keep trying bleh:-(

Got it this morning. Only had the Order on exalted (Hand of Prophet still needs 4k and Saberstalkers 6k).
    Got teleported twice to rares I had already killed, third time I got ported to Xemirkol.

Deleted
    Hello there, is anyone got the Rareus Damnaeus Daemonus in front of him, please add me as friend so I can get the achievmeent too
    Mordenkainen#2581 and you will have my eternal gratitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm having trouble getting ported to the mob myself. Can anyone with the predator title confirm you don't need exalted with all three reps, only Order of the Awakening? Because I'm still not exalted with Saber.

It's probably just that it's dead already now that lots of people meet the requirements, but I thought I'd check to be sure.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Got it this morning. Only had the Order on exalted (Hand of Prophet still needs 4k and Saberstalkers 6k).
    NEVERMIND
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

So it seems you can get ported to him while someone else is fighting him but only the first tag gets the title... I guess I'll have to do even more realm hopping fun.

For all the requirements to get to this guy why would they put a long respawn on him.
    Last edited by Wow; 2015-07-13 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    Don't know about his respawn-timer, but I can confirm something new (at least for me).

13.07.2015 ~02:00 a.m. (hopefully right ^^ - I mean after midnight and before dayli-reset) - got ported to Xemirkol and DC'ed (Realm: EU-Tirion)
    13.07.2015 ~02:20 - 02:30 a.m. - Tried to use the crystal again - went straight to one of the orcs in Zeth'Gol (so he had to be killed right?) (Realm: EU-Tirion)
    13.07.2015 ~03:00 a.m. - Crystal ... AND hello to another useless orc. (Realm: EU-Tirion)
    13.07.2015 ~03:05 - ~04:00 a.m. - used crystal many times (Skrimish to reset!) - No Xemirkol (Realm: EU-Tirion)

BUT

13.07.2015 04:37 a.m. - Xemrikol! (Realm: EU-Tirion)

So with this information I think his respawn is about 2 - 3 hours, or has something to do with the dayli-reset. *hmm ...*

Just wanted to add this little bit of information about this guy. (if it was already common knowledge just ignore my post!)

P.S.: Not allowed to post any link (too few posts) - Character: Maaka-Tirion (Female Human Deathknight) Guild: MILCH rises

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WanT View Post
    Don't know about his respawn-timer, but I can confirm something new (at least for me).

13.07.2015 ~02:00 a.m. (hopefully right ^^ - I mean after midnight and before dayli-reset) - got ported to Xemirkol and DC'ed (Realm: EU-Tirion)
    13.07.2015 ~02:20 - 02:30 a.m. - Tried to use the crystal again - went straight to one of the orcs in Zeth'Gol (so he had to be killed right?) (Realm: EU-Tirion)
    13.07.2015 ~03:00 a.m. - Crystal ... AND hello to another useless orc. (Realm: EU-Tirion)
    13.07.2015 ~03:05 - ~04:00 a.m. - used crystal many times (Skrimish to reset!) - No Xemirkol (Realm: EU-Tirion)

BUT

13.07.2015 04:37 a.m. - Xemrikol! (Realm: EU-Tirion)

So with this information I think his respawn is about 2 - 3 hours, or has something to do with the dayli-reset. *hmm ...*

Just wanted to add this little bit of information about this guy. (if it was already common knowledge just ignore my post!)

P.S.: Not allowed to post any link (too few posts) - Character: Maaka-Tirion (Female Human Deathknight) Guild: MILCH rises
    Gimme your Bnet ID, we should kill it together.

Just got this FoS this morning, been trying for days but even with the JP achieve and exalted with all 3 Taanan factions all I got was normal rares.
    Followed a tip on wowhead, rode to the dark portal and joined one of those xrealm groups advertising their garrison. Even though it was a raid group the crystal sent me to Xemirkol first time. Fight was total cake with voidy tanking.
    Hope this works for others.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I FINALLY found him and he killed me sub 10%. Cry.

Edit: went back to him next time I used the crystal and killed him. huzzah.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2015-07-14 at 07:20 PM.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Got this sweet title yesterday

Now I have to determine whether I want to use Predator or Empire's Twilight as my title every day.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Finally got mine early in the morning (couldn't sleep). He packs quite a punch ;p
    Didn't use any special tricks to try to get there, just travelled to Volmar camp, grabbed the dailies & used crystal.
    Was a nice change from the usual 3 elites I keep getting almost every time, hiding in caves... ;p

got my 2 exalteds today - first day I could get there without using a single legion medallion and with TP3 .. had JS for a long time now

been server hopping for a few hours now, resetting via arena - trying the low pop ones, but most I see are mediums .. no luck so far

- - - Updated - - -

at least Horde arena queues are under 1 min xD

if I dont get him in a few more hours Ill probably try at night/before dawn or after daily reset

Quote Originally Posted by WanT View Post
    [/B]
    A few days ago, got teleported, died, someone else killed him, and then got teleported to him again 2-3hrs later, so can confirm that's the spawn time. Or at the very least that he can respawn in less than 3 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

so does the rare version not port you up to him? thought it just had a distance limitation, but if his 'lair' is up on top of that building in the north east, can't you just be near that area and use your blue one or does it not work because it is phased?
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

just got him on Zenedar-EU on my second try in the morning

so non prime time hours seems to be a good bet