Lightbulb Unreleased Armor and Weapons as Timewalker Rewards?

I made a suggestion in another thread for potential Timewalking rewards.

Basically, one potential reward we could have for Timewalking is to have armor pieces or sets that are wither no longer in the game, haven't been completed because of a few missing pieces, or have never been released (at least to players).

This way, not only do you have the choice to either go for the mounts, but you could also go for armor and weapons for transmogging purposes (as a transmogger myself, I would be greatly in favor of this idea, but that's me).

One example for WotLK side of TW, you could have the blue warrior ICC tier set seen on Muradin, or have the missing pieces for the red varient:

For TBC, paladins and other plate-wearers could complete the white Crystalforged set look if they bring back missing pieces:

Also, we could reintroduce weapons and/or shields that sadly never did see the light of day:

What do you guys think? Should Timewalking also include ways to get armor and weapons that were either removed, or never put into the game?

Sounds like a great idea! Sadly though, if something like this were implemented, each piece would likely cost 20,000 tokens, meaning you would have to do Timewalker dungeons for the next 15-20 years.

I like the idea. A few more cosmetic rewards never hurt

Quote Originally Posted by echoSAW View Post
    Sounds like a great idea! Sadly though, if something like this were implemented, each piece would likely cost 20,000 tokens, meaning you would have to do Timewalker dungeons for the next 15-20 years.
    Knowing Blizzard, I wouldn't put it past them.

Quote Originally Posted by echoSAW View Post
    Just make them like the War Mill/Dwarven Bunker items. Level ###, no stats, BoA. They don't have to make them upgrades.

Those troll shields are very cool... never knew about them.

This is a very good idea. Basically, I think the long term grind for a few items that Timewalking currently proposes is off-putting and unexciting. Watcher said they want it to be an "evergreen" system, but there's nothing "fresh" about the idea of farming for one thing until the night of memory.

Timewalking needs short term rewards to encourage players to get involved, and even impulse subscribe for individual events. And, for players not to be done with these cheap rewards right away, there have to be a lot of them. I suggested mounts, but sets and weapons are also a very nice! And the best thing about them all is the models already exist, all the devs need to do is make them into items, tweak the prices, and add them to the vendor.

I'd be all for it. That top set of shields with the lion face are sexy as hell. EDIT: They'd have to be reasonably priced, though. Either that or increase the number of tokens you get from dungeon runs.