Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Screech goes to jail...

http://www.wisn.com/news/dustin-diam...urday/33769158

Dustin Diamond ordered to report to jail Sunday
    Judge hands down sentence for Christmas Day stabbing

PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. —Dustin Diamond, the actor who played Screech in the "Saved By The Bell" television series, has been sentenced to jail.

Diamond, 38, was found guilty of disorderly conduct and concealing a weapon in an incident where he stabbed a man Christmas Day in a Port Washington bar.

A jury found him not guilty of second-degree recklessly endangering safety.
    He's not gonna have a good time...

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was found not guilty then why does he have to go to jail?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "Diamond, 38, was found guilty of disorderly conduct and concealing a weapon"

Deleted
    Probably because he was found guilty of a concealed weapons charge instead or something to that effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What's there to discuss though?
    Pick something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post

He's not gonna have a good time...
    Hasn't he been to jail a few times already?

Deleted
    Why only jail and not prison? why only misorderly conduct and concealment, and not assault/battery/bodily harm with a deadly weapon? it says he stabbed someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Why only jail and not prison? why only misorderly conduct and concealment, and not assault/battery/bodily harm with a deadly weapon? it says he stabbed someone.
    I believe the person he stabbed started the altercation so it had a modicum of self-defense/defense of another (his girlfriend).

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the judge wanted Kelly Kapowski number and screech got off lightly.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Plea bargain.

Why only jail and not prison?
    Because the crimes he was convicted of carryjail time and not prison time.

why only misorderly conduct and concealment, and not assault/battery/bodily harm with a deadly weapon? it says he stabbed someone.
    The Wisconsin jury determined that Diamond did not recklessly endanger safety, but he carried a concealed weapon and behaved in a disorderly manner.

The altercation occurred at the Grand Avenue Saloon in Port Washington.

Diamond and his girlfriend, Amanda Schutz were inside the bar when a group of intoxicated people started behaving in a rude and insulting manner, leading him to believe "there was going to be a brawl," he said, according to the arrest report at the time.

He said he turned to close his account and get their coats, but when he looked back, his girlfriend was bleeding and two men were holding her hair, the report said.

Diamond said he moved toward his girlfriend when a man grabbed him, the report said. Diamond said he might have stabbed the man with a pen used to sign a credit card receipt but later conceded he was armed with the knife, the report said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/us/dus...ond-sentenced/

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Plea bargain.
    It went to trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saved by The Bell: Screech Goes to Jail

Have Franklin and Bash show up to defend him!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Because the crimes he was convicted of carryjail time and not prison time.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/us/dus...ond-sentenced/

It went to trial.
    That can't be the whole story, there has to be some element of excessive force or him striking first involved, it obviously was not clear cut self defense.

That can't be the whole story, there has to be some element of excessive force or him striking first involved, it obviously was not clear cut self defense.
    I don't understand why you feel "there has to be some element of excessive force or him striking first involved".

10+ Year Old Account
    In most jurisdictions in the US, if you escalate a situation you become the aggressor. So if someone attacks you with fists and you aren't in imminent danger and pull out a knife, in many cases you become the aggressor at that point.

Deleted
    In most jurisdictions in the US, if you escalate a situation you become the aggressor. So if someone attacks you with fists and you aren't in imminent danger and pull out a knife, in many cases you become the aggressor at that point.
    Yeah something like that seems the most likely.

I just found out you can own a stiletto in washington, but not switchblade or spring loaded blade oO. (oh nvm, a stiletto historically is not a italian switchblade)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-06-25 at 10:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    He stabbed someone at a bar and gets jail time.
    What is the controversy I'm missing?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Pick something.

He's not gonna have a good time…
    He WILL have a good time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so infatuated with this guy. He's a B-list actor (if that even) who had one role on one show (a kids show at that) and people act like he is a Morgan Freeman caliber celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why are people so infatuated with this guy. He's a B-list actor (if that even) who had one role on one show (a kids show at that) and people act like he is a Morgan Freeman caliber celebrity
    I think the issue is that when he was no longer famous he tried becoming infamous. I think people like seeing shitty things happen to shitty people.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.