Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So... back to unholy?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/198...e-25-6-25-2015

Class
    Death Knight
    Frost
    [Hotfix in testing] Frost Strike and Obliterate have been reduced to their pre-6.2 damage levels.
    The change to Might of the Frozen Wastes remains in place and is a significant buff to Frost Strike damage while dual-wielding.
    Obliterate once again deals full damage to players.
    [Hotfix in testing] Howling Blast damage has been reduced by 13.5% but is still a slight buff from its pre-6.2 damage levels.
    The change to Howling Blast's area damage remains in place, and continues to deal full damage to all enemies within range.

Edit: Looks like DW Frost single target and Unholy for aoe?
    Last edited by Solial; 2015-06-26 at 02:16 AM.

unholy for AoE but only with reaper's harvest

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    unholy for AoE but only with reaper's harvest
    They nerfed the shit out of Frost today

The simcrafting though from Skullflower recommends you stay frost - and only go unholy for aoe once you get the trinket

The nerf is not as bad as ppl think

Skullflower barely even recommends that. The sims were made with best-in-slot gear and Reaper's Harvest.

We're talking Mythic gear here. That means that for 12/13 bosses you will be able to Frost to your hearts content, and only once you can beat Archimonde and get the Reaper's Harvest trinket will Frost be better.

The fact that they're doing blanket buffs/nerfs is the problem, though. These nerfs should have been made during the testing phase. Why have testing if you're not gonna, oh I dunno, test? Look at the Enhancement buffs for example. They get a flat 20% boost to all their main attacks. Why wasn't this noticed in testing?

Oh right, it was. Blizzard just didn't give two shits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten View Post
    The simcrafting though from Skullflower recommends you stay frost - and only go unholy for aoe once you get the trinket

Unless you were one of the few who liked 2h frost, then its back to BRF level of suck for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulvye View Post
    Unless you were one of the few who liked 2h frost, then its back to BRF level of suck for you.
    <--- one of two

It was fun being on top every fight for two nights.... but i'll settle for 4th-5th place
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    <--- one of two

It was fun being on top every fight for two nights.... but i'll settle for 4th-5th place
    You won't approach 4-5th as 2h anymore; The only thing left to differentiate it from BRF is the meager ~5% buff to HB;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanwryn View Post
    Skullflower barely even recommends that. The sims were made with best-in-slot gear and Reaper's Harvest.

We're talking Mythic gear here. That means that for 12/13 bosses you will be able to Frost to your hearts content, and only once you can beat Archimonde and get the Reaper's Harvest trinket will Frost be better.

The fact that they're doing blanket buffs/nerfs is the problem, though. These nerfs should have been made during the testing phase. Why have testing if you're not gonna, oh I dunno, test? Look at the Enhancement buffs for example. They get a flat 20% boost to all their main attacks. Why wasn't this noticed in testing?

Oh right, it was. Blizzard just didn't give two shits.
    This post doesnt make sense.

U mean go unholy when u get reapers?

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post

yeah, you pretty much stay frost for every fight until you kill Archimond and get your class trinket, after that you can Unholy for 3-4 fights in HFC for aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post

Yeah, so for min-max purposes you might go Unholy for a few cleave fights once and only once you get Reaper's Harvest from Archimonde. But all this also assumes you have best-in-slot Mythic pieces everywhere else as well and can reliably swap based on that.

The fact is though, most people aren't in this position. All of this assumes you have BiS Mythic gear, if you don't then DW Frost is better. If your Unholy set isn't as good as your Frost set then Frost will be better.

So unless you're in a guild that can not only down Mythic Archimonde but you also get Reaper's Harvest on the first kill I don't suspect many people will be changing very soon, even people like Skullflower who are in that position (who does not have a Mythic HFC kill yet and is still playing DW Frost).

Deleted
    Even after the nerf you will still stick to DW Frost..

dw still strong even after the nerfs.

So if your not in Mythic gear what is the real difference in damage then from pre nerf to current? 16.67% less damage to Frost Strike, Obliterate, and Howling Blast sounds like a lot to me. It's not like were talking about one attack that makes up 20% getting a 16.67 % nerf, were talking about 3 attacks that make up a lot bigger % of the dps than just 1 attack on a long CD.

Also where does the DK actually sit in a raid with like skilled ppl then?

Deleted
    Pretty high I'd say even after the nerf. This is the time of the expansion for Frost.
    Last edited by mmoc53aa57c2f8; 2015-06-27 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten View Post

Are you serious? Like did you play frost pre 6.2 and post 6.2?

We were just buffed and now we are being nerfed. I wasnt matching dps as DW frost pre patch but afterwards I was. Now Im sure Ill be jsut as low as I was pre patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmination View Post

We were just buffed and now we are being nerfed. I wasnt matching dps as DW frost pre patch but afterwards I was. Now Im sure Ill be jsut as low as I was pre patch.
    The might of the frozen wastes buff still went through which means frost strike is still pretty damn strong. DW is still the way to go right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmination View Post

how about you actually play with the nerfs now, and stop bitching. It's not as bad as people are saying.

Fulmination is one of those posters who speaks loudly and acts like he knows what he's talking about, so a lot of lurkers are going to think the sky is falling.

But he's clueless. DW Frost is still one of the better melee specs.

Deleted
    How much behind is unholy on average? I don't have 1h weapons on my alt and I enjoy playing necroblight quite a bit.