Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry Dks can never be top

Why is it that dks have been shit ever since WOTLK, except for ToT. We were on top for 3 days and instantly nerf. Did they not see how bad the balance was in BRF? Balance druids, locks, warriors, etc were doing 3-4x the aoe I was doing and about double the single target... But what the hell is this frost dks on top for 3 days? NERF NOW.... I just want one full patch of having fun on top. Its been over 2 years since I have been viable and I was having a hell of a time being good. I don't want anything crazy broken, but come on bro's can you not let a dk be good in pve.

Well, good players have been doing very well on their DKs. Multiple weeks this expansion we have seen DKs in a top-3 position alongside warlocks and balance druids. I think you should head over to Warcraft logs and go through the top parsing DKs and figure out how they play before complaining
    MW | BW

Deleted
    Unholy was in a very good place the first weeks and good after blood boil nerf. I still rhink unholy is in a good spot. But because frost was so op, nobody sees this currently.

I am more interested if both specs are really close right now. Personally i hate the frost spec. It is too boring. Unholy playstyle is much more fun.

I'll lend you a helping hand. You are no doubt unaware that for your current ilvl, DKs are second to only mages in DPS. Unfortunately you are not a part of DKs near the top of the meters (according to your warcraftlogs). I went ahead and simulated your character in the newest version of simulationcraft, and low-and behold, you are using the wrong gems! Although 'multistrike' begins with the same letter as 'mastery', they are different. Your stat weights should be as follows:
    • 8.82 Strength
    • 3.18 Crit
    • 3.62 Haste
    • 5.56 Mastery
    • 4.38 Multistrike
    • 9.37 Weapon DPS
    This gives you +0.97% more DPS.

I believe you should put some research into your class and character. Good luck improving!
    Last edited by Exac; 2024-04-29 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Removed opinions.
    MW | BW

Quote Originally Posted by Exac View Post
    I noticed you're in a guild named "Worldstar", a term frequently used by low-income African Americans. In my personal experience, members of this socioeconomic class are better at manual labor, while completely inept at research, so I'll lend you a helping hand.
    lolwut....

I just don't understand why DK's have to be fucked with. Arms warriors with t18 4p are going to be nuts. They see no changes. Arcane mages are top in sims by thousands. They see no changes. If they are trying to make unholy more viable again rather than having everyone play frost, they are doing it the WRONG way. Blizzard, what in the actual fuck are you doing?

they reverted the ridiculous buff to arms 4set and arcane has pretty aoe.

frost dk's are still going to be very strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadyphantom View Post
    I just don't understand why DK's have to be fucked with. Arms warriors with t18 4p are going to be nuts. They see no changes. Arcane mages are top in sims by thousands. They see no changes. If they are trying to make unholy more viable again rather than having everyone play frost, they are doing it the WRONG way. Blizzard, what in the actual fuck are you doing?
    Be glad you're not ww monk or enh/elem shaman. There is always worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadyphantom View Post
    Arms warriors with t18 4p are going to be nuts.
    As opposed to frost dks the arms 4p never even made it live.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8

as hybrid class (except warriors) you cant be top

Deleted
    Just be glad you're not a shadow priest. We've been nowhere near the top in a long time and if we're close it's only on a couple fights.

Plus we need 2 separate gear sets (complete sets, not just a couple different items) for single target and multi target.

So cheer up, you don't have it that bad, in fact looks like you're at the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually does piss me off and I rarely dps, op has a point, we finally are on top and 3 days in are nerfed to hell, boomys are still insane, still no nerf....wtf...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    [IMG]I can't quote the link [/IMG]
    I assume this is taking these nerfs into account? Also, do you have one of these for T18N or can point me to where I could see it. So Frost is still out on top anyway, better keep farming those 1H's.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcknight View Post
    I assume this is taking these nerfs into account? Also, do you have one of these for T18N or can point me to where I could see it. So Frost is still out on top anyway, better keep farming those 1H's.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    this is a picture
    That would be pre-nerf though right?

Realization of the week! Some spec will ALWAYS be the top dps spec! But...

Warrior top dps? GOOD!

Mage top dps? VERY GOOD

DK top dps? wtf nerf this shit

Kinda funny how they nerf us again while leaving Arcane alone... again... its the best AoE spec and its not even the AoE spec for mages

Deleted
    Goes a bit like this.. seems to happen every patch

DKs don't scale with gear
    Blizz balances classes with BiS Gear
    As DKs don't scale Blizz has to give DKs a large buff to abilities at the start of each patch
    DKs outperform everyone at the beginning of a patch as everyone has low gear and DKs got a buff
    Blizz sees DKs are doing too much damage relative to everyone else and nerfs them.
    2 months later once everyone has gear nerfed DKs are bottom of the charts