10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year

(T18) Frost vs Arcane

So after fully reading Komma's guide over at AT (http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1663) it seems that its either Frost or Arcane as the go-to spec. After fully reading it, it just seems that Frost is a much safer and reliable spec to start building your BiS list for (Its either top or 2nd on most fights).

What do you guys think? Are you guys focusing your BiS as Arcane or Frost? I don't want to start taking BiS from other raiders. Currently, I'm going for Frost. Should I switch to Arcane? (Both specs to me are fun, and i enjoy both a lot). I can play both pretty well, and have the same skillcap for both, so its not a simple "Play whatever your best at" concept. Obviously if one spec is insane on a fight, Ill switch to that spec for that fight.

According to Warcraft Logs:
    Hellfire Assault = Fire
    Iron Reaver = Arcane
    Kormrok = Arcane
    Hellfire High Council = Frost
    Killrogg Deadeye = Arcane
    Gorefiend = Arcane
    Shadow-Lord Iskar = Fire
    Fel Lord Zakuun = Arcane
    Xhul'horac = Fire
    Socrethar the Eternal = Arcane
    Tyrant Velhari = Frost
    Mannoroth = Arcane
    Archimonder = Frost / Arcane

But this is week 1, people really havnt tried the other specs on a lot of these fights yet, so dont know how to really go by that.

But in general, what BiS list should we aim for? Frost? Arcane?
    Last edited by Demindar; 2015-06-29 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Both, arcane first
    Hmm, alright. Thats kinda what I was thinking regardless, due to the fact frost can still put out some damage with Arcane Gear, and Fire still does pretty well. Thank you

Also; is there even an Arcane BiS list yet?
    Last edited by Demindar; 2015-06-29 at 08:55 PM.

im going arcane>frost, so prio haste>mast=multi whenever i get the teir
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Focussing on BiS for Arcane first partly because I've only played Frost tonight, but mainly because it's looked more useful for the bosses we've killed.

A lot of the fights you've listed as fire are arguably better as Arcane or Frost, especially on progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    A lot of the fights you've listed as fire are arguably better as Arcane or Frost, especially on progression.
    Agreed. Fire may make a come back as a padding spec on farm, but I think most mages pushing early HFC progression will be Arcane or Frost throughout.

Changes for me on that list are
    Hellfire Assault = Frost (Better ST then fire and competitve with arcane ST if you have FO in the adds, we don't need aoe)
    Hellfire High Coucil = Arcane/Frost (went arcane cause i was on dia for the most part, will depend on your comp i guess, locks, spriest and boomkin are better for this so will probably go frost)
    Shadow - Lord Iskar = Frost/Arcane (dependant on your cleave, add phase has priority adds and cleave, let classes that lose no ST deal with the illusions)
    Xhul'horac = All? (Played arcane and frost on it personally, other mage played fire, you do need a large amount of cleave but again it will depend on comp)
    Tyrant Velhari = Frost (Thought i would mention this, p2 cleave is amazing for this fight so far. P3 arcane isn't that far ahead depending on strat, the boss moved to much in our strat for PC so ST difference was minuscule).
    Mannoroth = Arcane / Frost (again dependant, arcane will pull ahead on boss damage most likely but not by too much until leg rings)

In general the gearing will be Arcane > Frost, looking at the priority Haste > mastery = multi as mentioned. As Our raids cleave is pretty high i most likely wont touch fire (maybe for Assault, will see tonight).

This will all change with gear of course