Bursting priority targets without evocation

If you need to burst a priority target but you dont have evocation do you still just go in to burn and gimp your DPS for the next 30 seconds while you mana back up..?

Let's say for example something like a primal elementalist on mythic blast furnace
    Last edited by Invrlose; 2015-07-01 at 07:29 AM.

I just use one of my supernova charges that I bank for my next PC and hope its enough lol, going on with regular rotation on it hoping to get missile procs

Don't burn just switch target and carry on. Arcane has very good sustained DPS.
    If you know exactly when the switch happens then you would save the SN's you have when PC is on CD instead of rotating them in as normal.

Done to perfection you can have 2x SN with every PC and also 2x SN without due to timings all done with no delays on PC usage.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-07-01 at 08:34 AM.

Its up to the situation mainly but I think in general its worth it, its gonna reduce your overall dps but what happens if that add is gonna wipe the raid or theres a certain time check (like the primals on furnace). If your raid fails that by 1% and you know you could have prevented it but you didn't just so you coud look good on the meters....

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the situation, but I can't think of many good examples where you would regularly burst on something without having Evo to do a true burn phase. By regularly, I mean it would be part of your strat going in that you’d need to do that. There are several current and many past encounters where priority adds needed to die and if your raid is screwing up then you might need to burst because if it doesn’t die quickly you’re going to wipe but that’s not something that would happen most of the time.

I don’t think that M BF is that great of an example, unless you were doing something like trying to kill all 4 elementalists in 1-shot, which isn’t exactly a standard strat. If not, you’ll have your CDs up for at least 2 of them, and won’t require crazy burst outside of CDs that would mess with your mana. Plus, on any fight with adds like that, you can take AO and have 3 AMs ready to go once its vulnerable, and alternating AB/AM is very good sustained dps.