Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation WoW 2.0 Needs to happen

Basically release a set of new servers that start off in vanilla and slowly progress through the patches and expansions over time, i think this is a fantastic idea. I mean why shouldn't they do it? can u imagine players been able to re experience the epicness of ahn quiraq gate opening event? players starting fresh would be like a whole new game. and would breathe brand new life into the game.

I am sure that I and many others who have quit the game would resub to this game in an instant if this happened, I can almost guarantee it, I would gladly pay 9.99 a month to play on legacy servers.

Most of the EU servers are empty or half empty anyways and everyone congregates to the most popular ones like Outland and Stormscale anyways. they should close these empty realms down to save costs and open up "legacy realms"

I think now is the time for blizzard to really do something drastic to change the current path the game is heading.

For too long now Blizzard have been making the game easier and easier at the huge cost of it's player base. it is clear to see.

What Happened to the leveling experience? The epic adventure to max level is now now nothing but a casual faceroll to 100, then when you finally get there after a few days max you realize there is actually not a lot to do, Sure you can raid, sure you can pvp, and sure you can sit in your Facebook mini game garrison and collect your daily income with the click of a button.

What happened to the actual challenge of leveling? where is the danger? you can pull 3+ mobs at level 5 and still come out unscratched, everything is just irrelevant and pointless once you get to max level, just Que dungeons while you sit in your comfortable city and get max level in a few days without the threat of ever dying once. or peeking out into this huge world blizzard created

Remember when you had to carefully plan mob pulls? remember when you had to avoid zones until you reached the required level, remember when you had to form groups to engage in challenging quests, my answer is WHY did they do this? why did they make the game so childishly easy that a 5 year old could comfortably level to 100?

The Whole game is like a different game to what it was designed to be, what it was intended to be. this is not World of Warcraft anymore, this is a single player RPG.

They cant continue to churn out expansions, Increasing the level cap to stupid amounts, level 110? ffs. adding new continents, because the world is simply way too big for the amount of players on the servers to feel like an mmo.

They need to bring the focus back to 2 islands, Kalimdor and eastern Kingdoms, and they need to get people into these zones again,

They need to Make the game feel like a living, breathing world full of adventures, challenge, wonder, and social experiences where you can meet people daily, That is why WoW became so world renowned as the no1 MMO, people never became never become bored of it, there was so much that you could do in earlier expansions up until Cataclysm that you never got bored.

I Just can't accept the fact that this game used to be a totally amazing and thriving MMORPG once over and now it is a Empty lifeless world. I don't ever want to see this game die, because I grew up with this game and I am so passionate about it. I want WoW To be the colossal giant it once was, I want WoW To be Reborn.

Basically I could go on forever but All I want to see is World Of Warcraft become a MMORPG Again, What it once was, and not a single player empty sandbox world.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2015-06-23 at 08:05 PM.

You do realize that it's the market (playerbase) driving these changes? If the game remained in its vanilla state today, as fun as it may seem, forums like these wouldn't exist anymore.

They're not going to do WoW 2 any time soon, especially while WoW is still going strong. Despite what you'd think from the forums, a majority of the players still love the game and are happy with how it's going.

You're playing WoW 6.0 right now.

Funny how people seem to think a game that was like Vanilla WoW needs to be made and that it would solve all the problems, yet they don't realize that if Vanilla Wow was what people actually wanted someone would have made an exact clone of it and made millions by now. Game companies aren't stupid, if an actual decent number of people actually wanted to pay for what OP is asking for it would already be here making money for whoever made it.

Deleted
    I can't even bring myself to sub to the game again because i cant stand the current state the game is in and i'm sure that's how many players feel and that is why they are unsubbed, they are lurking in the shadows waiting for WoW to be what it once was or a major announcment, but all hope is fading fast, especially with the lackluster 6.2 patch that will provide a maximum of 1 weeks content and people will unsub again.

WoW would have died long ago with out the changes made to the game in the last 6-7 years. The vast majority of all the changes since vanilla/BC have either come from other games that put great idea's in there games or were driven by the wow player base. WoW today is what the masses have asked for over the years. And yes, for the record I am a vanilla/BC fanboi, but that doesnt mean I dont get the changes or see why they happened.

Blizzard has said they also have no plans to make another mmo right now which could be bullshit but with how and what types of games they are developing now, I believe them.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2015-06-23 at 03:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Funny how people seem to think a game that was like Vanilla WoW needs to be made and that it would solve all the problems, yet they don't realize that if Vanilla Wow was what people actually wanted someone would have made an exact clone of it and made millions by now. Game companies aren't stupid, if an actual decent number of people actually wanted to pay for what OP is asking for it would already be here making money for whoever made it.
    I never said Vanilla, I mean earlier expansions when the game was 10x better. after Wotlk the game has gone seriously downhill and continues to do so.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I never said Vanilla, I mean earlier expansions when the game was 10x better. after Wotlk the game has gone seriously downhill and continues to do so.
    That's an opinion though. I too preferred WoW in Vanilla and BC. I liked Wrath too. But you know what? I can't deny that a lot of the changes that they've made, while they're not as good for me, they're good for the game. The game overall is better now than it was then, even though some of the aspects of the game that I enjoyed are no longer part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, as much as I like WoW, it's golden age is pretty much over. Back in the earlier life of the game everything in it was new during then.
    There are new mmos out there now with features which attracts people and when blizzard see's those features blizzard tries to evolve, feature things to meet today's expectation and to draw in the newbies in the process, however this also butchered the game for the veterans as it doesn't look like the game it was back then.

It's pretty much a 2 sides of the same coin scenario. Changes may be a convenient to some but could be abomination to others.

How would that work though? Would you just pick up lore where it ended in WoW? Would you choose a different time period such as around the War of the Ancients or a few hundred years after WoW? Would it be more alternate timeline stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    How would that work though? Would you just pick up lore where it ended in WoW? Would you choose a different time period such as around the War of the Ancients or a few hundred years after WoW? Would it be more alternate timeline stuff?
    Time travel, that's the only way they could reverse it all, sort of what they have done with time walking dungeons, scale our level down or something, i don't know but there is a lot of ways they could do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can't even make a proper expansion, I don't trust them to make a WoW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I think now is the time for blizzard to really do something drastic to change the current path the game is heading.

For too long now Blizzard have been making the game easier and easier at the huge cost of it's player base. it is clear to see.
    No one ever answers questions like this but perhaps Hav0kk would like to give it a try. Let's just go with this and accept it that "Fine, it needs to happen. Let development begin!"

OK, how long until it comes out? Three years at least, maybe five, maybe more? What happens in the meantime with WoW 1? I mean, we all want WoW II to be the best it can be so they'll need to put all hands on it, right? So no expansions for a few years?

And why should they do this? Is there some vast market for this that no one but you really knows about? Because I'll tell you: The developers at Wildstar thought--until the game was out for a while--that they had this thing done. And guess what they found out? They were surprised at how many people simply wanted to play solo; how many people thought the long, long attunements to raid were stupid. They practically killed their own MMO giving people the same thing more or less that you want.

Azeroth is too big now for an MMO? Really? When was the last time that Blizzard really used this too-big world? I can't remember that. Every expansion we're encouraged to completely forget the world is there. Screw that. I want the world to be the MMO, not some relatively tiny chunk of it that isn't attached to anything else.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-06-23 at 03:50 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What you're describing has been asked and reasked by many. However, what you fail to realize, as do all the people who request regression game development, is that what you are asking for it already there - you just don't see it.

Want epic leveling of alts - fine, set up challenges for yourself and make it tough for you.

Nothing to do at 100? This is where you lose most of your credibility. Getting people into old zones has never worked for Blizzard, even when they rebuilt the entire map, just as you are suggesting. It worked because people were forced to do it, but people want new experiences. You can always go back to an old zone if you want.

Your point about face-roll mob pulls is a good one. I've played since vanilla and I remember Dire Maul and the epic carefulness one needed to effectively clear that zone (and so many others).

What I was hoping this post would be about is a continuum of the WoW experience into another game, ala "Titan" and what that word inspired for so many hopeful gamers. Alas, the books closed on that project and any hope of seeing something fresh and new, yet with the breadth and depth that WoW has now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The developers at Wildstar thought--until the game was out for a while--that they had this thing done. And guess what they found out? They were surprised at how many people simply wanted to play solo; how many people thought the long, long attunements to raid were stupid. They practically killed their own MMO giving people the same thing more or less that you want.
    The main reason Wildstar was a flop, was they thought going back to a hardcore, elitist type MMO was what people wanted. Fact is, there are just not enough of those type players to support it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    I do miss a time when I was excited to log on and get stuck into something in WoW, however I also use to spend far too much time playing the game. I think the time of hardcore mmo games is over, the game is just catered to a much wider audience now, but it's not really working. I doubt most people that have quit are off playing another in depth grindy mmo, more than likely playing other genres and doing RL stuff.
    ^This the days of those MMO's are over, case in point if Hardcore MMO's were still the rage the games like SWToR / Wildstar and the like would be raking it in and yet both of those have and are going F2P.. And that begs the question why did they have to go F2P? I think from SWToR's standpoint it was its implementation.. And from Wildstar's standpoint they went too Hardcore and drove a lot of people away and now they are having to go F2P to entice people to play the game..

Oh look, another thread about something that doesn't need and wont ever happen. There would be literally nothing they could do to market it to drag people away from their characters in WoW. What do you possibly think you could offer in a WoW 2 other than fancy graphics that would get players away from the years and hundreds of hours they have spent on their toon? What would get them to drop their titles, achievements, toys, tabards, pets, mounts, alts, Feats of Strength acheivements and all of the progress they made on their character, JUST for fancier graphics?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The main reason Wildstar was a flop, was they thought going back to a hardcore, elitist type MMO was what people wanted. Fact is, there are just not enough of those type players to support it.
    Yes exactly those types of player are few and far between since they have now grown up and have more important commitments, such as jobs, wives and children and other real life stuff and so they have less time to spend on games like so..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Oh look, another thread about something that doesn't need and wont ever happen. There would be literally nothing they could do to market it to drag people away from their characters in WoW. What do you possibly think you could offer in a WoW 2 other than fancy graphics that would get players away from the years and hundreds of hours they have spent on their toon? What would get them to drop their titles, achievements, toys, tabards, pets, mounts, alts, Feats of Strength acheivements and all of the progress they made on their character, JUST for fancier graphics?
    The only way that would happen is to transfer all of that sort of thing over to the new game and well it probably be more hassle than it is worth..

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The next huge MMORPG will be a well executed "Virtual" one. The immersion factor alone will lend itself very well to the genre.