Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Grommash is NOT the final boss of Warlords

8 minute 46 second mark

"When the team was planning Warlords, Grommash was set up as the leader of the Iron Horde and the final boss. As they told the story and started working on Hellfire Citadel, they decided it wouldn't be a satisfying direction to go in. Players had just finished a raid zone full of Orcs and had killed another Hellscream. The real evil and more interesting character is Gul'dan and the influence of the Legion."

So who will it be? Will Gul'dan come back one way or another? Another Legion based character? Or was Archimonde the last boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post

8 minute 46 second mark

"When the team was planning Warlords, Grommash was set up as the leader of the Iron Horde and the final boss. As they told the story and started working on Hellfire Citadel, they decided it wouldn't be a satisfying direction to go in. Players had just finished a raid zone full of Orcs and had killed another Hellscream. The real evil and more interesting character is Gul'dan and the influence of the Legion."

So who will it be? Will Gul'dan come back one way or another? Another Legion based character? Or was Archimonde the last boss?
    It was archimonde, the more depressing piece of that sentence means Chris didn't lie back at blizzcon and this story was going to be really really worse off. Also wtf can they even get the planned stories straight before building a expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    It was archimonde, the more depressing piece of that sentence means Chris didn't lie back at blizzcon and this story was going to be really really worse off. Also wtf can they even get the planned stories straight before building a expansion...
    Plans change. That's just a fact of life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The antagonist of story shouldn't part of the way through. But, I do think Archimonde is a better choice (for the record I think the instance should of ended with Guldan or Mannoroth).
    Last edited by Notshauna; 2015-06-30 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    Translation: "We make it up as we go along"

Deleted
    Archimonde was the last boss, because he has a death cinematic. Thunder King didn't, Yogg Saron didn't. Only last bosses have that.

Didn't we already know this? 6.2 was pretty confirmed for the last raid. Between the quest line ending and that cinematic, it was obvious that our part here is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Archimonde was the last boss, because he has a death cinematic. Thunder King didn't, Yogg Saron didn't. Only last bosses have that.
    That's the current plan, surely you can see the point 9f this thread is plans can change though (if next expansion delays they may add more - not that I expect them to)

Can we not all appreciate blizzard werent afraid to change things up that close to deadline? Rather than give us more orcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Oh I'm so glad they builded up Grommash to explain this turn of events... oh wait they didn't. In 6.2 there was 180 degrees floop and we're all cool now.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    That's the current plan, surely you can see the point 9f this thread is plans can change though (if next expansion delays they may add more - not that I expect them to)

Can we not all appreciate blizzard werent afraid to change things up that close to deadline? Rather than give us more orcs
    "shrug" they have changed on so many things so often that its not unusual to think that they have always stuck to their plan. Usually its cutting things. Who knows how often they decided to toss in other things.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

Blizzard is never afraid of changing stories suddenly and for the worse, that's why people are tired of retcons and paradoxes.

Similar thing with gameplay design, too. They get excited about something, spend a hell of a lot of resources into it and then realize that not only it's not going to work, but that now they don't have enough time to finish some other planned stuff. That's the way an indie development team works, not an international, multimillion company with seven million subscribers.

I'm more than fine with them being 'geeky' and 'hype-y', but they should plan things ahead and stick to those plans. Listening to feedback is nice and all, but too many 90-180º turns mid-development won't make the game better.

Also, this 'okay, okay, we screwed up, but NEXT expansion will be great' is getting tiresome. I know they believe it, but they lack organization and foresight to deliver the product they promise.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2015-06-30 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Didn't we already know this? 6.2 was pretty confirmed for the last raid. Between the quest line ending and that cinematic, it was obvious that our part here is done.
    Ha you would think right. There are so many people going on saying Grom is the last boss not Archimonde and theres another raid tier after this.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde is it, people need to stop trying to make this expansion go on any longer than it needs to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    If that was true, Blizzard would screaming so loud now that new expansion is on the way. In matter of fact, we would see it announced already and we should already see alphas of new expansion but we don't.
    That's assuming there won't be a content drought. There will. But beyond that Blizzard designed the "legendary" with ~22 weeks until it caps, given that plus a buffer we can expect more content in 25 weeks at least, given that's after Blizzcon I expect a serious aim for the next expac to go into beta early 2016. Honestly there isn't much room for another raid instance while still factoring in their goal for a higher expansion turnaround rate (NOT that you can't fit 3 raid tiers you just can't have the first one dick around for 8 months).
    Last edited by Notshauna; 2015-06-30 at 09:59 AM.

I still don't understand how and mainly why it went from Grommash being the last boss to Grommash now being our best friend. They must be taking something heavy in their HQ.

If that was true, Blizzard would screaming so loud now that new expansion is on the way. In matter of fact, we would see it announced already and we should already see alphas of new expansion but we don't.
    At this point i honestly think blizzard is playing it close to the chest because they don't know what kind of backlash there will be for announcing a 2 raid tier expansion. Pretty similar to how they were super quiet about flying for so long. Also, this patch has 2 seasons of pvp gear so we're looking at 12 months of HFC probably, which means we're a good 6 months away from a public alpha/beta (also 6 months lets them announce the expansion at blizzcon). So, 2 raid tiers/expansion and still a giant content drought at the end of the expansion if my guess is right.

Deleted
    As they told the story and started working on Hellfire Citadel, they decided it wouldn't be a satisfying direction to go in.
    Really? Cause I think it's not a very satisfying direction to let this fucker get away alive.

Players had just finished a raid zone full of Orcs and had killed another Hellscream. The real evil and more interesting character is Gul'dan and the influence of the Legion."
    No, shit. That's what everyone told you since before you announced the xpac. My initial reaction to the leak before Blizzcon was no way are we gonna get another expansion with orcs, and another expansion with a Hellscream endboss. But now that you've done this expansion, where you've build up this guy, where we had to fight him and his orcs over the course of an expansion, it feels very unsatisfying not to kill him, and it doesn't make sense.

Or was Archimonde the last boss?
    Of course he was.
    Last edited by mmoc88edaebd94; 2015-06-30 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    I still don't understand how and mainly why it went from Grommash being the last boss to Grommash now being our best friend. They must be taking something heavy in their HQ.
    Us not killing him right on the spot after a hard fought battle against a common enemy doesn't make him our "best friend".

Should and actually Do are two very different things. Just because this is out, that doesn't mean they are ready, or are going to announce it. This IS the last raid. If you can think of something else to kill, please, tell me what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a cop out.