Page 1 of 62
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tokens hitting 40k on EU servers!

So.. this was unexpected.

How high will it go? What is the real reason behind this madness? We arent following US patterns, and this rise is not likely to stop anytime soon.

EDIT: 40k seen on Turalyon EU

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    So.. this was unexpected.

How high will it go? What is the real reason behind this madness? We arent following US patterns, and this rise is not likely to stop anytime soon.

Russia. ppl got2many gold up there

Deleted
    The price will never drop below 40k. There is loads of poor ass countries in Europe in which 20 euro is worth shit loads. There is much much MUCH bigger demand than in US.

Deleted
    didnt it increase in the US? then after a while it dropped dramatically. Im hoping the same will happen with the EU so i can buy a token.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    >US Price goes up at the start
    >EU Price goes up at the start

>Unexpect

Just wait for the weekend.
    Exactly, wut are people talking about with their outlandish reasoning.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul360 View Post
    didnt it increase in the US? then after a while it dropped dramatically. Im hoping the same will happen with the EU so i can buy a token.
    It will drop but not dramatically. Dont hope for anything below 40k sadly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    The price isn't per REALM... it's per the whole EU region.

Not 40k now, 39.441

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    >US Price goes up at the start
    >EU Price goes up at the start

>Unexpect

Just wait for the weekend.
    Went almost exactly as you said, sans the fact that the US prices plumeted at first... They didnt go up for a while nor ever above 30k. =\

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    It will drop but not dramatically. Dont hope for anything below 40k sadly.
    This and what the other person above said about the poor ass countries. Too many people are unemployed or earn way too little to pay for gametime with real cash. This token is a godbless, by no longer having to deal with gold sellers.

Deleted
    During the initial 4 hours the US the price went up as high as it COULD, because it was capped beyond that. Tokens were hard to come by during that time.
    During the initial 3 hours in the EU the price went up as high as it could as well - it is capped beyond that. Tokens are hard to come by.

See where I'm going with this? There might well be a huge difference between EU and US, but we can't say that for sure yet.
    All we can say for sure is: Initially, there's a huge rush to buy a token for gold.

Also, why another thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CatinaSink View Post
    The price isn't per REALM... it's per the whole EU region.
    SEEN on turalyon... SEEN. you know like: I SAW it on this realm. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Max price in US after sale at starter 30k was 37k a few hours after introduction.
    Are you sure? Do you have a source for it? According to the sources which I can find, the price peaked at 31.2k.

https://wowtoken.info/
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...th-BRF-Trailer

Deleted
    It went up for 4 hours straight, but only to 31.2k because it literally COULDN'T get any higher in that period of time. They only changed the cap after that.

Let's just wait another hour in the EU and see what happens.

Deleted
    The price will never drop below 40k. There is loads of poor ass countries in Europe in which 20 euro is worth shit loads. There is much much MUCH bigger demand than in US.
    if you re poor you can you play wow all day ?

Quote Originally Posted by omega8 View Post
    if you re poor you can you play wow all day ?
    They are poor because they play wow all day.

Deleted
    We'll see about that :')
    Im expecting it to be lower before tommorow

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know for a fact that the same evening that tokens went live in the US, they were selling for 20-23k in trade and about 22-25k in the AH. Im not a Euro, so i cant comment on the whole "poor country player" thing or its impact on the staying price of the token, but it took far less than a couple of days for the price to tank on US realms*.

*Or at least MY US realm.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-04-21 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Come on tokens drop!

For me this was expected - US doesn't have Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Albania etc where 20e is much more valued than in other countries. (and ye, i am from one of these countries so I know)