Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    So you kill the boss without Sacing? Not sure.. about that? I always read people are doing that still?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaungayle View Post
    So you kill the boss without Sacing? Not sure.. about that? I always read people are doing that still?
    I'd show you our logs, but they're private. I can tell you we killed it in 8:34 with 23 people, 5 healers, and roughly 900k raid DPS. Didn't sacrifice a single player.

It does require a relatively high average iLvl and a strong healing team, but it's very far from impossible.

the final phase of the fight is brutally overtuned for heroic imo. its going to be very difficult for the average heroic guild to beat unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'd show you our logs, but they're private. I can tell you we killed it in 8:34 with 23 people, 5 healers, and roughly 900k raid DPS. Didn't sacrifice a single player.

It does require a relatively high average iLvl and a strong healing team, but it's very far from impossible.
    When running 30 man split runs for gear, there is just no point in not doing it.

You got some healer that uses all their cd's and mana early and some crap alt in low ilvl or a social, you are in no way losing as much dps from that as constantly going in. The bigger the raidgroup the more valuable suiciding becomes.

Same applies to guilds with a bigger skill gap, @ sub 10% even with 20people id just sent in that tank with dps & healer.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2015-07-06 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    I guess you just need to figure out the exact combination between nether dps and real world dps if you don t want to sac people.

Tonight i m gonna try it out with my guild actually 12/13 HM, but we will be 17 people, not enough for the sac strat. I still think it s doable without.

Any feeback on the banish of the 3rd inferno ? That s a hard CC.
    Last edited by mmocd906c32dbd; 2015-07-06 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    I guess you just need to figure out the exact combination between nether dps and real world dps if you don t want to sac people.

Tonight i m gonna try it out with my guild actually 12/13 HM, but we will be 17 people, not enough for the sac strat. I still think it s doable without.

Any feeback on the banish of the 3rd inferno ? That s a hard CC.
    I would still send the normal group for that and even another strong dps or two from a previous group to kill it even faster.

Deleted
    Yeah we went to late phase 2, tanking issues (705 ilvl brewmaster getting rekted by deathcallers) wiped us many times. The 55% adds wiped us too.

Our overall dps is too low, many people between 40k and 50k maximum whereas 60k should be the goal on this boss. Phase 1 is too long, we lack space in the end in order to reposition properly. We suffer 6 allures of flames in this phase that s way too much imo.

This boss is still a gearcheck and tuned for full HM ILVL + legendary rings + nm archimonde trinkets + 4 pieces (maybe not all of them). Everything of those we lack. See u next week archimonde.

Ps : also my guildmates are retarded
    Last edited by mmocd906c32dbd; 2015-07-07 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    Yeah we went to late phase 2, tanking issues (705 ilvl brewmaster getting rekted by deathcallers) wiped us many times. The 55% adds wiped us too.

Our overall dps is too low, many people between 40k and 50k maximum whereas 60k should be the goal on this boss. Phase 1 is too long, we lack space in the end in order to reposition properly. We suffer 6 allures of flames in this phase that s way too much imo.

This boss is still a gearcheck and tuned for full HM ILVL + legendary rings + nm archimonde trinkets + 4 pieces (maybe not all of them). Everything of those we lack. See u next week archimonde.

Ps : also my guildmates are retarded

Uh. He's deffo not tuned around normal trinkets, legendary rings etc... He's tuned around having ~710-715 average item level, because he drops 720. People are doing it with 705 avg BECAUSE of the bonuses/trinkets.

I don't quite think most people understand how mind-bogglingly huge legendary rings are in terms of a power upgrade. Did some napkin math the other day - assuming the same setup we had on our fastest gruul kill in BRF (with ~700 ilvl upgrade, no new OP trinkets or set bonuses etc) and the 795 rings with 44% more dmg/explosion, the initial burst of a pull with bloodlust and absolutely EVERYTHING up and running would do about 25M when the buff runs out. That *is* factoring for the damage increase during the burst (to get a more accurate final explosion), but suffice to say, with 715+ average item level, new trinkets and sets etc, you should expect to see +30M explosions whenever the rings are popped together with bloodlust. Fun fact - most bosses in HFC has about 220-250M on mythic difficulty.
    Yea. One ring-pop = 20% less boss health or more when factoring in the Dmg buff you gain for the 15 seconds.

nevermind.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2015-07-07 at 11:55 AM. Reason: posted in more relevant thread

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

We 4 heal it, but sac 1 healer 1 dps on the 3rd and 2 healers on the 4th .

21 members could add 2 more, healing is easy in that fight but we lacked tons of dps .

Honestly guilds that are trying to sacrifice people at this point are doing themselves a huge disservice. It worked well the first week when there was no punishment for suiciding two tanks and everyone was super-duper undergeared for the boss, but IMHO the fight is now significantly easier to execute if you have two Banish groups each consisting of 50% of your DPS (roughly even ranged/melee split) and a healer and you never stop doing Nether Banishes.

The problem most guilds face is trying to slack on the number of people they send into the Nether Banish, which drags out the phase tremendously. If you simply send in half your raid, each Banish takes 15-20 seconds at most. It is a larger DPS loss in the short term, sure, but significantly smaller overall DPS loss on, well, everything of import in the long term.
    The issue is that unless you have hunters with 4pc staying out, when the 4th+ banishes go down the rate at which the living shadows spawn is insane.

Deleted
    Should absolutely sac 3 people for the 4th banish, whats the point in sending 6~ people inside when the boss is sub 5%!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    The issue is that unless you have hunters with 4pc staying out, when the 4th+ banishes go down the rate at which the living shadows spawn is insane.
    Honestly if you're not killing the boss right as the 4th Nether Banish goes out then your boss DPS isn't efficient enough. At this point even guilds that haven't done a ton of split runs should have enough DPS to kill him immediately after the 4th Banish cast even if they 5-heal 20-25 people, provided their players are Mythic-level players. If your players aren't Mythic-level, then you have no business killing the boss this early in the tier anyway.

I'll gladly agree that once you get 4+ Nether Banishes that are actually up and relevant the fight gets very, very hard to control, but the entire point of brute-forcing the Banishes and doing them quickly is to make that point moot.

Honestly if you're not killing the boss right as the 4th Nether Banish goes out then your boss DPS isn't efficient enough. At this point even guilds that haven't done a ton of split runs should have enough DPS to kill him immediately after the 4th Banish cast even if they 5-heal 20-25 people, provided their players are Mythic-level players. If your players aren't Mythic-level, then you have no business killing the boss this early in the tier anyway.

I'll gladly agree that once you get 4+ Nether Banishes that are actually up and relevant the fight gets very, very hard to control, but the entire point of brute-forcing the Banishes and doing them quickly is to make that point moot.
    Split raids are for nerds.
    Last edited by xiic; 2015-07-07 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    Split raids are for nerds.
    And so is killing Archimonde in the first few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I still don't think split runs are 100% necessary. I've always seem to do relatively fine with one run.

Deleted
    Killed him in a 20m group sending 9 people down in the first, 2nd and third banish. It's relatively easy if almost the whole raid manages to survive past that point, on the 4th banish we suicided one of our tanks, a Healer & myself. Out of our 14~ wipes it took, the thing that wiped us the most was people panic breaking Shackles during Meteors and Living Shadows not being controlled. Having MM Hunters with 4set massively helps with the Living Shadows since they can instant Aim Shot them with the Steady Aim passive, which means it will almost be a guaranteed crit and take them to low health.

No split runs / alts etc, just using the gear we've had from 2 weeks of hc farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Eh I still don't think split runs are 100% necessary. I've always seem to do relatively fine with one run.
    No split runs just means you hit a gear wall earlier. A lot of guilds could probably still progress reasonably fast without split runs, but if you don't do split runs and you get to a boss like Gorefiend week 1?

Gg no re pls try again next reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    No split runs just means you hit a gear wall earlier. A lot of guilds could probably still progress reasonably fast without split runs, but if you don't do split runs and you get to a boss like Gorefiend week 1?

Gg no re pls try again next reset.
    Well I mean you spoke about split runs for Archimonde which isn't absolutely necessary even for week one 6.2. But sure you hit a boss like Gorefiend week one that extra gear looks a little nicer if not completely necessary to get top placed kills.

Deleted

I still think at some point you can sac a team. I d say its when the boss is about 8% or lower. Whats the point in sending down 10 people to finish nether banish in 20 sek, when you could also kill the boss within that 20 sec if you sac 3 players?