Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    In answer to the OP: sure, Blizzard could tune the mythic instance so that it takes even the likes of Method and Paragon 2 months to complete after banging their head to it 12-16 hours a day. But they won't do it, for couple of reasons:
    - the top raiders have years ago reached the level where if something is mathematically possible, they will beat it, one way or another. For an instance to last for long, some bosses would have to be literally impossible for weeks. Or boss fights that last for an hour and demand personal responsibilities from every raid member.
    - Blizzard probably feels that they have some sort of responsibility towards their customers, in regards to health. They don't want some Koreans to drop dead because they raided mythic for a month without sleep.

In short: Blizzard wants the world/region first races to last for about 10-15 days and that's why they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    In answer to the OP: sure, Blizzard could tune the mythic instance so that it takes even the likes of Method and Paragon 2 months to complete after banging their head to it 12-16 hours a day. But they won't do it, for couple of reasons:
    - the top raiders have years ago reached the level where if something is mathematically possible, they will beat it, one way or another. For an instance to last for long, some bosses would have to be literally impossible for weeks. Or boss fights that last for an hour and demand personal responsibilities from every raid member.
    - Blizzard probably feels that they have some sort of responsibility towards their customers, in regards to health. They don't want some Koreans to drop dead because they raided mythic for a month without sleep.

In short: Blizzard wants the world/region first races to last for about 10-15 days and that's why they do.
    Blizzard doesn't need to make fights impossible. They need to cut down the gear people can get in a single week of heroic/normal(and crafted). The Ilvl for mythic entry was probably supposed to be around 705-707 but instead it was 715 due to split runs. 7-10 ilvls is HUGE on all bosses that are rough on dps/healing. Eliminate the ilvl, eliminate the content getting consumed too fast. They sit hand in hand.

Use Spine of deathwing as an example, guilds recruited mages with staves to bypass the need for gear to kill that fight. That fight wouldn't be too bad if people farmed the zone for a couple more weeks. Same thing goes for current mythic. Gear makes everything much easier, they need to fix the gear issue, not the fight difficulty issue.

This thread literally pops up every tier. A lot of the top guilds put more time into raiding the first week of a new tier than the average guild will 1-2 months. Some of these guilds put 70-90 hours into WoW week 1 of mythic. If the average guild raids 9 hours a week, that's 8-10 weeks worth of raiding. Not to mention every member of these guilds is incredibly prepared for every single encounter. As prepared as one could possibly be without seeing the actual fights.

If Blizzard tuned mythic so that it would take the best guilds a month or more to clear, then there would never be more than 70-100 guilds that would ever clear mythic content unless they brought back something like the monthly stacking buff/nerf system.

I don't know for sure but the speed these guilds are consuming this content doesn't seem any faster than prior content releases. These guilds literally race to be 1st. Most of us could careless about being first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    I don't know for sure but the speed these guilds are consuming this content doesn't seem any faster than prior content releases. These guilds literally race to be 1st. Most of us could careless about being first.
    Exactly. Those guys raid for 8 hours or more a day to be the first in the world to kill it. They are a very small part of the games community. This is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Exactly. Those guys raid for 8 hours or more a day to be the first in the world to kill it. They are a very small part of the games community. This is not an issue.
    More like 16+ hours

I haven't played since February, did one week of BRF and got everything but Blackhand on heroic (only reason it took 1 week was because my guild is the #1 on the server and actually killed mythic blackhand, I am just a member though, not a raider only there cause I know people rl, it was an alt run for fun). So I got my free week from blizz to check what the hype is about.

Now I do have a bit of an edge, I did have 10k resources, and already met the requirements for all by the reputation grind for flying (whenever that gets released) and I do have a few heroic/mythic pieces from last tier. 695 stuff is still better than most of my gear, but it really is a minor upgrade, and LFR hellfire gear is worse than what I have. With the preliminary stuff already said this is my take with my 7 day trial!

So I am currently on day 3 now, with my trial ending on saturday, I already did the preliminary quests and introduced to the shipyard.. I am a bit behind on the legendary ring quest, so can't do that yet, but for the most part I should finish it when lfr resets on tuesday so that will be nice. I was able to upgrade 2 pieces of my gear to 695, cause apexis drops like candy, probably will join a farm group and upgrade everything I have to 695 at least soon, I was 675 on my first day, just doing solo stuff im at 680 now, so I figure something to do when I got nothin left. As for the shipyard, with my super excess of resources, I just bought work orders till all my ships are blue/purple, so far out of the 8 ships I have, I got 3 epics and 5 blues, also I do missions with 90% or greater so I dont have to rebuild them, I also dont hesistate to change out my ship skills so I can win. No ships lost so far (besides the guaranteed loss mission), but I figure its only a matter of time :P

Already exalted with the saber people, it helps being a tank so makes the rep groups go by pretty fast, half way honored with the hand of the prophet and just got honored with order of awakened (could have got those backwards tbh) it helped that even though I was able to do the dailies 2 times I got a few of those medallion things.

Overall, I am a bit disappointed, besides doing apexis stuff for gear upgrades (not really able to raid due to 1 week, although ill probably go with the alt group on friday for a clear) I am done with 6.2. Lack of quests and just grinding apexis is.. well thats it, and with the apexis grind groups in the looking for group thing, its like "so.. um what?" I got all the treasures already, the map thing mad it easy, except for the 2 that you cant access for a while, I hope I get more medallions so I can get revered at least before my time runs out. Ya, I am missing the raids as I said above, but that cant be the whole content added right? Everything that is "main" to do shouldnt be finished on my weekend of time, the reputations take a bit longer of course but really logging in an hour after I get off work to run the dailies is nothing really. Its not bad, the 7 days does give me some time to kill playing a bit and talking to my guild to see what they are up to. I think it would be better if probably I wasnt so completed of course, that cuts a lot of my "to do" list really easily. I also guess I can play with my alts, the catch up mechanics are there now to make it easier, but having done stuff once already, I like to skip things for them, which means waiting till I get flying. I know some people say that will cut my "content" to do, but its not fun, for me, its work. I do that enough during the week, I only get 2 days off, I dont wanna work :P If all I had to do was just grind apexis and find gear for them, thats fine, I dont mind that, but having to deal with the garrison mini-game outside of one character is a chore, and its needed if they want the legendary (which ill probably skip).

That all being said, I want to raid, its why I play. I also need something else to do. IF I make my 30k gold in a week, ill buy a token, in 2 days I made 10k so far, so most likely ill buy a token from blizzard, but I am certainly not paying for the game anymore, as well as most likely not going to buy an expansion again if it stays $60, with it already being over it seems. I dont like the idea of an expansion being shorter than the final raid tier of the previous expansion

They spent a lot of time practicing on PTR, so they kinda consumed the content already before they even started progressing on live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    This question is asked every mythic race. No, it's not happening too quickly. If it was too much more than it is now, people wouldn't be able to function throughout the day at work properly because raiding consumes too much time for them. Pretty sure Sco from Method said something similar about the last race or Garrosh's tier.
    Or content would simply last 6-8 months instead of 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you must be new around here... this happens every tier. In fact, it's been this way since T11 I'm pretty sure. Mythic only lasts 2 maybe 3 weeks at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Or content would simply last 6-8 months instead of 2.
    Again this doesn't affect 99% of the raiding population so who gives a shit?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The fact that the top raiding guilds clear the boss on Mythic doesn't really mean much to the overall player base.

The fact that many of you will kill the bosses in Normal in a few weeks means content is being consumed too fast. Not because people are consuming content faster than ever, but because less and less content is being released.

Oh look, you can run the dungeon content again with a new difficulty slider!

Squirrel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    I don't think you get the point of a race if you think they're going too fast.
    I applaud this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

The best part was the OP just stopped posting after the whole Lich King argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a crazy thought.... Maybe everyone is consuming the content at the rate that they want to? Hardcore guilds that want to race (so, GO REALLY REALLY FAST!) for world first are doing just that, and everyone else not interested in this is doing their own thing. These threads are as pointless as they come.

I remember Sunwell, with gated bosses. It was stupid. "Well guys we have a few hours of our raid left but we can't go further because invisible walls"
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2015-07-06 at 07:46 PM.

The only time the best guilds didn't consume content at that rate was when there were artificial cockblocks like resistance gear checks to address, or impossible fights from a mis-tuning or broken encounter perspective.

Keyboard Turner Elliot Madhouse's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    12/13 already! oh boy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Madhouse View Post
    12/13 already! oh boy...
    Lets hope mythic arch is incredibly hard and fun!