10+ Year Old Account

Question Weak Aura Alert on Rare Spawn Spawning

Any ideas how i could get a weak aura to alert me that a rare spawn has spawned? i can't work it out.

e.g. Krol the Blade
    Hi

Deleted
    Other posters may prove me wrong, but I don't see that being an option with weakauras. If you were to target it / focus it for instance it's definitely possible, but you'd want something other than that I believe.

As an avid rare hunter, I would suggest you to just use the NPCscan or Silverdragon addon, which are completely tailored to do this.

Yeah, use another addon for that. Weakauras is mostly based on utilizing the Wow API in normal ways. Identifying rare spawns requires more tricky coding.

10+ Year Old Account
    yup i caved and ended up getting npcscan. haha

was just wondering if it was possible. thanks for the answers guys =)
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    yup i caved and ended up getting npcscan. was just wondering if it was possible. thanks for the answers guys =)
    It's absolutely possible. The question "can I write a WeakAura to ..." is identical to the question "can I write an addon to ...": they work exactly the same way!

The key differences are that WeakAuras provides a pile of API that native WoW doesn't, such as aura scanning, display types, etc. On the other hand, it also restricts you to the things it supports much more. Sometimes WA is much easier than writing a full addon (eg: pop up a warning texture), sometimes much harder (eg: write SilverDragon).

I made an Weakaura string that you could "clone" and change if they do any Yell announces.
    - you cannot make it just for "spawn" it need to trigger on something.

• DL String: pastebin.com/UvfLxE7t

1. Proc on Message (estimated Lifespan before killed).
    2. Proc an Timer until next respawn (removed if opening Weakaura window).

Mine is made to work on Tanaan Rare: Vengeance, Doomroller, Deathtalon, Terrorfist + Highpriest Ikis