Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2015-05-28 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if this is going to be a phase, of if this mechanics are just going to be added to the rest of the fight. This fight in general just seems like a bunch of random mechanics thrown together that are annoying to deal with, no real thought behind good boss design or how they interact with each other.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    I'm wondering if this is going to be a phase, of if this mechanics are just going to be added to the rest of the fight. This fight in general just seems like a bunch of random mechanics thrown together that are annoying to deal with, no real thought behind good boss design or how they interact with each other.
    Isn't that every boss? You don't really know how the fight will be until the mechanics come together.

Twisted Darkness at the very least sounds about right, as the Mythic phase takes place in the Twisting Nether.
    When players ordinarily go there they need to try and kill one Void Star before it knocks them away, so summoning 5 now that the whole raid is in is reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Isn't that every boss? You don't really know how the fight will be until the mechanics come together.
    Not at all, some bosses have central mechanics that interact well with each other and sometimes even a "theme" the encounter revolves around. This is generally common for an end boss of a Tier. I think Blackhand was a very well designed fight with how the different mechanics interacted with each other, same for Garrosh.

Archimonde (from early videos and these mechanics) doesn't have that. The mechanics don't interact with other mechanics they are just there.

From the sound of those abilities, it seems like falling off a platform will be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Not at all, some bosses have central mechanics that interact well with each other and sometimes even a "theme" the encounter revolves around. This is generally common for an end boss of a Tier. I think Blackhand was a very well designed fight with how the different mechanics interacted with each other, same for Garrosh.

Archimonde (from early videos and these mechanics) doesn't have that. The mechanics don't interact with other mechanics they are just there.
    Nobody has done Mythic Archimonde on PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has done Mythic Archimonde on PTR.
    Lol, I know. The point is we have done Heroic testing so we know how these abilities are going to influence the different phases of the fight, and they don't build on current mechanics, just add something new.

Lol, I know. The point is we have done Heroic testing so we know how these abilities are going to influence the different phases of the fight, and they don't build on current mechanics, just add something new.
    If you think you know how the fight will change on Mythic with the new mechanics you have never seen based on 1 hour of undertuned Heroic PTR testing then I guess I don't really know what to say.

Just from looking at heroic I know that every single person in the raid getting the laser beam mechanic sounds like it will be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think you know how the fight will change on Mythic with the new mechanics you have never seen based on 1 hour of undertuned Heroic PTR testing then I guess I don't really know what to say.
    That's generally what people say when they have nothing left to say. Yes, the fight is undertuned, however will we see changes to the actual mechanics of the abilities before patch? Maybe, but probably not.

The point I was trying to make from the beginning is not about the balancing of the fight, or how hard it will be. I was stating that the fight feels like a bunch of random mechanics thrown together that don't flow well. The fight just doesn't feel very good, and there is nothing that ties the fight together other then "Omg look it's so Fel!" which is quite disappointing for and end boss of a tier, and potentially an end boss for the expansion as well.

That's generally what people say when they have nothing left to say. Yes, the fight is undertuned, however will we see changes to the actual mechanics of the abilities before patch? Maybe, but probably not.

The point I was trying to make from the beginning is not about the balancing of the fight, or how hard it will be. I was stating that the fight feels like a bunch of random mechanics thrown together that don't flow well. The fight just doesn't feel very good, and there is nothing that ties the fight together other then "Omg look it's so Fel!" which is quite disappointing for and end boss of a tier, and potentially an end boss for the expansion as well.
    You keep calling the mechanics "random" which really doesn't mean anything. there has been no mythic testing on archimonde at all, how do you even know how it "feels?" i think its pretty stupid to call the fight a disappointment when you havent even seen it, let alone played it.

basically, your opinion of the fight based on a bulleted list of abilities means almost nothing. the theory of doing a fight and actually doing a fight in practice are very very different.
    Last edited by Natureseer; 2015-05-28 at 09:12 PM.

They generally have changes for mythic outside of the extra phases too which aren't listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic's phase takes place in the Twisted Nether, which looks absolutely amazing, so I don't care. Also the primary concern for this phase seems to be not falling off the small rock in the middle of the Nether that you'll be fighting him on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    You keep calling the mechanics "random" which really doesn't mean anything. there has been no mythic testing on archimonde at all, how do you even know how it "feels?" i think its pretty stupid to call the fight a disappointment when you havent even seen it, let alone played it.

basically, your opinion of the fight based on a bulleted list of abilities means almost nothing. the theory of doing a fight and actually doing a fight in practice are very very different.
    Lol... what I am saying is the fight doesn't flow well. The abilities don't work together to create an interesting fight. You can make ANY fight in this game hard with tuning, that doesn't mean it is a good or well thought out boss fight. That is how Heroic Archimonde feels based on current testing (not even looking at it from a #s perspective because that's irrelevant).

The added abilities don't offer much in terms of changing this, since the fight on Heroic is already in this current state. Yes, I am sure the boss will be hard as all end tier bosses are, that doesn't mean it's going to be a fun or good set of mechanics, which is what I am upset with.

I think Mythic Blackhand is a great example of a well thought-out boss fight. You have mechanics which all interact with each other in different ways to add depth to an encounter. This is proven to be especially true by how many different strats we saw guilds use to approach the different aspects of the fight.

Lol... what I am saying is the fight doesn't flow well. The abilities don't work together to create an interesting fight. You can make ANY fight in this game hard with tuning, that doesn't mean it is a good or well thought out boss fight. That is how Heroic Archimonde feels based on current testing (not even looking at it from a #s perspective because that's irrelevant).

The added abilities don't offer much in terms of changing this, since the fight on Heroic is already in this current state. Yes, I am sure the boss will be hard as all end tier bosses are, that doesn't mean it's going to be a fun or good set of mechanics, which is what I am upset with.

I think Mythic Blackhand is a great example of a well thought-out boss fight. You have mechanics which all interact with each other in different ways to add depth to an encounter. This is proven to be especially true by how many different strats we saw guilds use to approach the different aspects of the fight.
    this fight doesn't seem to be hard because of tuning though it seems to be hard based on abilities, and it's not interacting with eachother in the same way as blackhand.
    But I can see those abilities + others can make the last phase quite interesting.

Deleted
    During the last phase, Kadghar, Grom, and Yrel follow you into the Nether and open a portal to the world tree summoning like a million wisps to kill arcimonde. After he dies Velen then shows up and says that this was foretold in previous expanisons thank you for playing warlords of dreanor.

Knock back mechanics guys! They're still fun, right?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Knock back mechanics guys! They're still fun, right?
    Just regular unavoidable knockbacks that do nothing other than interrupt your casts/melee attacks and do mild damage are boring, but when messing it up risks you getting blasted off the platform to your demise I'd saying they're much more interesting.

Yeah the mechanic here isn't "get knocked back into the right place" (very fiddly and often frustrating), it's "if you fuck up you die and can't be ressed", which I think works a bit better.