Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

5.4. Had a ton to do and kept me playing on my main to gear alts. Then I would play on my alts to get tokens to get raid gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I always like the prepatches. Ton of changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezo View Post
    I'm just wondering what was your favorite patch (any xpac) and what content in that patch did you enjoy the most?
    3.3.x

It isn't nostalgia.
    It isn't that the groups were any nicer (it was still horrible then).
    It isn't the length of the content (or the lack of it).

It's that my class actually functioned right, in how it felt to be played, and how it performed!

It was made to work.Just like the Warlock changes made the Warlock playable during MoP.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Shadow of the Necropolis 1.11.0 and 1.9.0 The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj are my two favorites. 2006 was a very good year for World of Warcraft.

Those who never experienced the banging of the Scarab Gong in Silithus and the long awaited invasion of Arthas' undead scourge have no idea what they're talking about.
    I agree with this...trying to hide from the plague and the carnage in the cities was epic

Kara. everything after that was semi trash

Deleted
    Zul'Aman, and more importantly... 6 SECOND CRUSADER STRIKE, BABY!

Patch 2.4.

As someone who got to experience most of Sunwell pre 3.0 (4/6 killed, wiped hundreds of times on M'uru) it was the most satisfying patch to me. Add in Isle of Quel'danas daily shenanighans on a PVP sever and it was absolute top tier. After 2.4 would be 3.1 for me, because Ulduar was amazing. Worst patches that I played for were 3.0 and 3.2.

2.4, 3.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.4

Poor Cata.
    And WoD.

Deleted
    5.2 no competition what so ever. This patch was unmatched in every respect besides PvP.

3.3. It had 3 great new 5-man dungeons, a great new raid, and LFD so my days of spamming trade chat for a group is finally gone. All I really need from a patch.

Deleted
    3.1 and everyone who has been there knows it.

Solo content: 5.2+2.4
    Raid: 3.1 no question

Deleted
    Is everyone picking 3.1 simply because it had Ulduar in it or did I miss some kind of other content added with said patch? If the question was favorite raid I'd be inclined to agree, but the question is a bit more broad than that, or so I feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    Is everyone picking 3.1 simply because it had Ulduar in it or did I miss some kind of other content added with said patch? If the question was favorite raid I'd be inclined to agree, but the question is a bit more broad than that, or so I feel.
    It's nostalgia.

People were even sick of Ulduar because of two reasons:

A. Vehicle fights (The Oculus brought to the game the goodie bag concept, because that's the only way people would even play that dungeon).
    B. Weeklies: for again the vehicle fight at the beginning.

People are forgetting that those vehicle fights were hated with a passion. Over used with horrendous latencies (we were averaging 300-500ms for those not on the West coast [and god forbid if DBM didn't d/c the raid, too]. Don't know how the Aussies even played!).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    3.1 was so good that it is still many people most favourite patch, even if it didn't had any other content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The patch that launched Icc was the best one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's nostalgia.

People were even sick of Ulduar because of two reasons:

A. Vehicle fights (The Oculus brought to the game the goodie bag concept, because that's the only way people would even play that dungeon).
    B. Weeklies: for again the vehicle fight at the beginning.

People are forgetting that those vehicle fights were hated with a passion. Over used with horrendous latencies (we were averaging 300-500ms for those not on the West coast. Don't know how the Aussies even played!).
    No. People hated Malygos-Vehicle-Fight and Occulus. But i personally don't know anyone that really hated the Vehicle-Fight in Ulduar. I personally think it was one of the best dungeons because of the vehicle-fight. And that there were 3 vehicles with different uses. So no, the vehicle in Ulduar were OK. Sadly many people hated vehicles in General because it was so bad in 3.0.

As dailies in 5.0 were bad until they did better in 5.1+5.2. Sadly people hated dailies until then because of 5.0

10+ Year Old Account
    2.4: Fury of the Sunwell. I loved Quel'Danas and I still have fun when I go back to it. Everything's localized and working as a server toward fully unlocking the island was great. Setback meme aside, I also thoroughly enjoyed most of Magister's Terrace, though I can't say I was thrilled by the arena fight.

3.2: Call of the Crusade. I didn't raid through most of Wrath, so getting a new dungeon with epic gear for my then-mains (my DK and my Paladin, both of who were fully kitted out in rep and emblem epics, with Heroic blues to fill the rest of the slots) and a focused, localized daily hub (my then-dislike of jousting aside) with a bevy of rewards to chase after kept 3.2 fresh for me. Even better, they let us get a full set of basic tier gear, better than what the dungeon dropped but lower than 10-man Normal did, to give us another carrot to chase once we were kitted out in ToC5/HToC5 gear. Which lead into...

3.3: Fall of the Lich King. Again, from a non-raider's perspective, this was a great patch before it stretched on for a year. All that work I and the other Champions had done finally paid off; we were at Arthas's doorstep ready to hit him soon as he answered our knock. Even better, there were three new dungeons for us to tackle! And more, they finished the tiered ramp up in difficulty while keeping it at a manageable learning curve, culminating in one of the most fun dungeons I've been in since Vanilla and one of the most memorable climaxes I've seen in dungeons in this game--retreating from the Lich King, his secrets in hand and either Jaina or Sylvanas at our back, clearing us a path while we held off wave after wave of Scourge.

5.2: I liked 5.0, but I wouldn't rate it as one of my favorite patches, and I was burned out enough on the faction war that I didn't get big into 5.1 content until the post-expansion slump (more the fool I was; 5.1 had some great story quests). 5.2, however, was amazing. Isle of Thunder felt like a worthy successor to Isle of Quel'Danas and the Argent Tournament. It had something for both the PvE crowd, and for the PvP crowd, and many of the sets (especially Warrior tier 15) looked great.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

as far as pvp goes.....i consider that TBC had the best random battleground expierence, nothing came close to that. Extremely active, not that much bots as today, and everything was kinda overpowered=balanced.

You could not do much as a dd caster and healer against a sl/sl lock. But he was farmed by warriors, bm hunters and rogues.

Actually playing as a lock or rogue at that time was a kinda good expierence.

That time the rogue was fun in bgs, too, cause of his broken ability that was cheat death, that resisted dmg to 99% even when in pve gear(which was not nerfed or downscaled in any way and rogue did insane dmg with just blue daggers). That bug that persisted a long time during TBC until it was fixed, allowed you to play bgs like alterac and when 40 dudes got you in their focus dealing dmg you just laugh at them. Slowly push vanish and escape. Rogue felt like a god even without black temple legendarys or insane trinkets etc.

And this all after quite some years after world of roguecraft back in vanilla.

And how the sl/sl lock could farm all non-melees in a matter of seconds while on low health and quickly getting full hp again was hilarious, too. Noticed this especiallyon shadows and mages that were kinda helples against sl/sl locks, and healers needed to los instantly or get quickly farmed too.....no long healer fights just 1 fear, full dots and some shadowbolt/lifesteal and thats it.

Life was simple back then. ))

edit: locks had the best locking pvp set in s2, too, still wear it and my lock is still 70(one of them) stopped to play him after TBC ended.

The time of the merciless gladiators!
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-07-08 at 01:18 PM.