Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why were Valor Points removed?

Did Blizz ever talk about why they moved away from Valor/Justice Points?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

They changed the icon to Apexis Crystals and stopped heroic bosses from dropping them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Over time, they've moved away from their original purpose, and given how widely available they'd become (awarded from quests, scenarios, dungeons, raids, etc.)
    What does that even mean
    [/url]

Blizzard's new currency,

Justice Points - Gold or real money via selling time token.
    Valor Points - apexis crystals

Blizzard finally realized that it is stupid to run 5 man dungeons.
    Instead, you can buy gear via gold or real money.

It is a win for Blizzard too, because it makes few 5 man dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred it. I preferred having a currency-based reason to run 5-mans regularly with all of my toons. I preferred the Wrath/Cata gearing over anything we have today.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Valor tbh. When I was Bored in MoP after Raid lockouts I would chain-spam heroics to cap out Valor on the rest of my characters.

Always gave me a reason to do Heroics. WoD? well.. I think I've still yet to get the heroic achievement for some dungeons.

I honestly have no idea why they moved away from a PvE currency as well-refined as valour was. I can only imagine they didn't understand how important of a system it was, or how deeply it had become integrated with all sorts of PvE content across the board. Pretty much everything about apexis is a regression of the valour system, which is especially disappointing given how good they'd gotten it in MoP, rewarding almost all PvE activities in a meaningful way for all kinds of players.

just another one of their mistakes in wod. didn't realize how it kept scenario/dungeons relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I honestly have no idea why they moved away from a PvE currency as well-refined as valour was. I can only imagine they didn't understand how important of a system it was, or how deeply it had become integrated with all sorts of PvE content across the board. Pretty much everything about apexis is a regression of the valour system, which is especially disappointing given how good they'd gotten it in MoP, rewarding almost all PvE activities in a meaningful way for all kinds of players.
    MoP was not good. That is where they destroyed it (valor), which led to it's removal. But as per usual Blizzard, instead of reverting to a proven system (Cata/Wrath), they go in the extreme other direction and fail.

Making gold the universal currency and then making the garrisons the best way to make gold was a really bad idea. I genuinly do not know how they didn't see that one coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Valor becuase it gave me a lot of quick & rewarding things to do on my alts; Namely, chain-running dungeons with friends. I don't have that same kind of experience with, say, Apexis Dailies.

Mythic dungeons are a great reason for me to run dungeons which I'm now doing, but some currency would be nice as well.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    just another one of their mistakes in wod. didn't realize how it kept scenario/dungeons relevant.
    That is the issue, those two features were predominately irrelevant, bar the first week (upwards to a month) from hitting level cap. You can hardly call it enjoyable when you have 1-4 fresh max levels, and someone who is at the cutting edge of progression completely ignoring mechanics and just plowing through the content, in same cases not even needing the rest of the group. In some instances there would be people leaving if the group did not look like it had at least one overgeared carrier...hardly an enjoyable concept.

With apexy, at least you are truly in charge of bettering your character should you choose to do so, and not someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Farming blue crystals like Walter White is more cool , you know? .

10+ Year Old Account
    They weren't removed, they were renamed to Apexis Crystals
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviditas View Post
    They weren't removed, they were renamed to Apexis Crystals
    Why did you fix something is not broken? Justice and Valor points were perfect. Farming apexis crystals is just tedious and you can get far better gear in the AH

The decision to remove the incentive to keep doing a major, important and enjoyable part of endgame content in an expansion that's already light on endgame content was just terrible.

It's unfathomable to me. They destroyed something that worked perfectly for no reason I can discern.

I can at least understand many of their other shitty decisions motivated by greed or laziness, but this one is just baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Why did you fix something is not broken? Justice and Valor points were perfect. Farming apexis crystals is just tedious and you can get far better gear in the AH
    people said the same thing about valor and its definitely easier to get 695 gear with apexis than to buy gear higher than 695.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I preferred it. I preferred having a currency-based reason to run 5-mans regularly with all of my toons. I preferred the Wrath/Cata gearing over anything we have today.
    I would love wrath with a mix of TI. but thats me and I enjoyed TI.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What they said: Justice/Valor no longer serve their purpose, and the game is better served by apexis crystals and raid drops supplemented by seals of tempered fate and the like.

The truth: Valor Points are reliable and have no element of random chance governing that form of loot acquisition, and the idea of gear which is raid and end-game viable and not based on random chance is directly contrary to Blizzard's idea of Fun©.

See Also: Recent discussion on why the best gear for PvP can only be acquired through random chance.