Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Favorite Patch / Content

I'm just wondering what was your favorite patch (any xpac) and what content in that patch did you enjoy the most?

For me, it was Isle if Quel'danas and all the world pvp that was going on there. It was like Tanaan/Timeless without all the crap. Maybe it was fun for me because i was a noob back then, but i really enjoyed it!

Release of Cataclysm when I leveled my hunter, geared him in Cata greens at 78-79 and played BGs. In such gear my hunter had more then triple health of common leveling chars, close to 70% crit chance and huge amounts of AP. All this was also scaled to pet. Basically everyone popped as baloons when I targeted them and pressed "shoot":

Probably the most fun Ive had in 11 years of playing WoW. Too bad didnt last long because of stupid exp gain in BGs. Here is video of my hunter in cata gear doing some BGs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-87oH02Y5Q
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2015-07-06 at 11:07 AM.

Patch 3.1 because Ulduar.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by freezo View Post
    I'm just wondering what was your favorite patch (any xpac) and what content in that patch did you enjoy the most?

For me, it was Isle if Quel'danas and all the world pvp that was going on there. It was like Tanaan/Timeless without all the crap. Maybe it was fun for me because i was a noob back then, but i really enjoyed it!
    6.2 - seriously.

But must be, because is started wod with 6.2. after a break and lurking stuff on the ptr.

People used to say there is nothing to do when you hit 100 - i have a ton to do....but i have to say i do pvp and pet battles(got 50 - 25ies and do tourneys) too, AND raiding.

I hardly have time to play twinks. O.o

I like the naval battles, so far all my ships are epic now and still not sunken, i hear bad stuff about this when it happens so i play rather risk free there.

other than that, maybe cata 4.2 with ragnaros.

Ulduar was nice, but i had a break in that time from wow.

i think its easier to say whats worst, 4.3 by a landslide. after that huge firezone for max level chars, it provided none just a shallow raid tier and weak 5mans what a let down.

edit: you can improve your wpvp expierence by switching to the right server, i know only 1 who got a equal balance faction and its still a huge pvp server.(blackmoore EU) i allready made twinks there....with extra stealth, feral and rogue, cause i know what is coming)

Most places are pvp dead because everyone is playing alliance. Maybe removing human trinket will bring some pvp back and it seems cross realm zones are not availible for tanaan when it comes to the opposing faction, except someone joining a group perhaps.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-07-06 at 12:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1.11: because mages were OP as hell and I was a mage back then. This was a mage rework patch.
    2.3: original Zul'Aman because it was cool and the bear run was the coolest thing ever
    3.1: Ulduar indeed

Deleted
    1.9 - Gates of Ahn'Qiraj

3.2 I loved the raid, and the dailies. Yes, i shit you not.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

10+ Year Old Account
    3.1 Ulduar and also for me i loved tbc SWP was hunting the legendary bow back then so maybe thats why
    Retired

Deleted
    I liked everything from Novemember 11th 2005 until Wotlk in pvp 10-69, because there was no resilience in those brackets. So Vanilla-only and low level battelgrounds from TBC-WOTLK, because pve'ers and pvp'ers are seperated there. No chance against Resilience gear, nothing you can do

Deleted
    Unpopular opinion - 3.2

Reasons For:

The outdoor content was all localised and in high volume. On my own, I could achieve so much and gear up so many of my other characters. I was also still visiting Ulduar, although being sort of outdated too soon.

The dungeon and raid were also very quick, meaning all of my time wasn't sunk into a large raid that week.

Deleted
    4.3 - Transmogrification.

Opened new avenues of fun for me and allowed me to get excited for what I could create. As a side note the dungeons were pretty cool but I didn't like that iteration of LFR.

Deleted
    Ulduar patch and Zul'Aman patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Gather heroes, sound the drums
    The Thunder King comes...

The Thunder King comes

I'd want to go with the Blizzard definition of "patch" and say 5.0 because of the content explosion but I'll assume you mean "after the expansion release" in which case 5.2. Just about everything good in a questing zone was in that area and it bought a colossal t-rex with laser beams strapped to it as a world boss.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even lying when I say Dragon Soul. I was raiding with my friends, the 5-mans were fun and challenging, PvP was great, there was shit to do with the newly introduced transmog. Absolutely loved it. Most fond memories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    I'm not even lying when I say Dragon Soul. I was raiding with my friends, the 5-mans were fun and challenging, PvP was great, there was shit to do with the newly introduced transmog. Absolutely loved it. Most fond memories.
    Rly? That was the worst patch in history of WoW (next to Trial of Crusader) that made tons of people leave including all my friends. I was so disgusted I didn't play WoW for next 1,5 year.

ICC 5eva. Greatest raid ever.

Shadow of the Necropolis 1.11.0 and 1.9.0 The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj are my two favorites. 2006 was a very good year for World of Warcraft.

Those who never experienced the banging of the Scarab Gong in Silithus and the long awaited invasion of Arthas' undead scourge have no idea what they're talking about.

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Gather heroes, sound the drums
    The Thunder King comes...

The Thunder King comes
    YES. 5.2 by a long shot. I wish they'd bring back the weekly mini-bosses in a raid.