10+ Year Old Account

am i the only oine who dislikes the neverwinter series?

while r.a. salvatore has written some good books i can't be the only one who thinks most of the neverwinter series reads like really mediocre fanfiction from either deviantart or fanfiction.net. i've gotten to halfway through charon's claw and it's just awful. the only exception to this is the first book which was decent. the other two are just bad. but all i see are 4/5 star reviews. REALLY? cause they felt more like richard knaak novels than anything written by someone who has shown he can write decent characters and good stories. oops mistyped the title.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever a person says "am I the only one" you have to realise there are over 7 billion people. You aren't the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i was looking through the online reviews and various book review sites it seems like everyone pretty much ate it up. so from what i've seen so far it does look like i'm pretty much the minority in this opinion.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-07-17 at 01:35 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Is the Drizzt trilogy part of that series? I read those a few years ago and loved them, then I tried to read another book from Salvatore and couldn't finish it, it was kinda boring.

I find Salvatore's writing style hot and cold. Or maybe it's warm and cold. He writes some good stuff, but then he can waffle on far too much about dull minor characters.

Its good popcorn-level fantasy writing for people just getting into the genre. Granted I've not read any of his Drizzt stuff since the Icewind Dale stuff with Wulfgar and Cattie-Brie and Bruenor...

Same as most of the Black Library (Warhammer/WH40k) stuff.

If you have read better authors with better worlds and better, well, everything, and then go back to Salvatore, it doesn't seem anywhere near as good.

Same with someone like Raymond Feist. He had a great first book (Magician) and after that (especially after the Serpentwar Stuff) he is just mailing it in for a check.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.