Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

No one seems to care to speculate about Gul'dan

I find it very telling that the lore has been so damaged by this xpac, that there isn't even much speculation about what happened to Gul'dan. Its like the fanbase feels like "Oh, well, he'll just show up later to be fodder for us in some dungeon or raid later on." I mean, we just killed Archimonde, how is saving Gul'dan for later supposed to strike fear (or even interest) in us?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I find it very telling that the lore has been so damaged by this xpac, that there isn't even much speculation about what happened to Gul'dan. Its like the fanbase feels like "Oh, well, he'll just show up later to be fodder for us in some dungeon or raid later on." I mean, we just killed Archimonde, how is saving Gul'dan for later supposed to strike fear (or even interest) in us?
    I just assumed that he'll escape and lead us into the next X-pac like Garrosh did. Thus crushing my soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who even gives two tosses about Gul'dan? It was Ner'zhul that became the first lich king and such, but we killed him in an undertuned dungeon. What did Gul'dan ever really do? Chuckle ominiously and fail at corrupting Draenor orcs? Oh gee.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right OP. Nobody cares about the future right now. We've had one orc go to an alternate past, another one get a free pass because of the blue's raging hard-on for swinekin and not a 3rd sucked into oblivion, where history teaches us, he will show up empowered or somehow altered with a "hellfire was just a setback!" sthick

blizzard has won, we no longer expect them to do something smart
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    Who even gives two tosses about Gul'dan? It was Ner'zhul that became the first lich king and such, but we killed him in an undertuned dungeon. What did Gul'dan ever really do? Chuckle ominiously and fail at corrupting Draenor orcs? Oh gee.
    True this.

Original guldan was a badass. AU Guldan is a chain failure.

Next HotS hero will be Gul'dan.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    We just don't care.

I have a bad feeling he will reappear for the next expansion, but I hope all this WoD business can be brushed aside and forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Yeah, Archimonde actually banished him to the Nexus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh it's really because Gul'dan has already been 'done' story wise since the start of WoD and isn't that interesting a character. We already had the whole him being a betrayer and corrupter of the Orcs of Draenor from the main universe and that was cool the first time but coming into this alternate universe it has just proven that Gul'dan is always the same regardless of what's going on. He's an Orc with an evil laugh and a hard on for summoning the burning legion and that is what he'll continue to be if Blizzard brings him back in a future expansion. I still wonder why we didn't outright kill him when he was being used as a battery for the Dark Portal and solve like half the troubles in this expansion prematurely as we already knew his history.

It's the AU, nobody gives a shit. Plus most suspect he'll be back to annoy us further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Actually, it looks like we're gonna get Kel'thuzad next (from the Warcraft franchise, anyway). He's at least got some model work done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, are you speaking about the FAKE Gul'dan? isn't it?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im more interested in killing Grom than Gul'dan, and he's off the table as hes a good guy now he even beats up corpses when your looting them to show you how good lol.

Deleted
    Archimonde and Gul'dan staged Archimonde's defeat. Archimonde upon 'losing' transfered his soul into Gul'dan and seemingly sent him god knows where, making the heroes believe he banished him for punishiment but in fact he and Gul'dan took a sweet ride straight to Azeroth, having tricked the heroes into believing they had won. Why? Because Archimonde can't just get to Azeroth, because he's too fat to fit through portals that lead to Azeroth.

muhahahahahahah

/evilconspiracy
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-07-07 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It doesn't matter what will happen to him. He will show up, say something stupid and pretensional and gets defeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Wait, are you speaking about the FAKE Gul'dan? isn't it?
    Fake Gul'dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Archimonde and Gul'dan staged Archimonde's defeat. Archimonde upon 'losing' transfered his soul into Gul'dan and seemingly sent him god knows where, making the heroes believe he banished him for punishiment but in fact he and Gul'dan took a sweet ride straight to Azeroth, having tricked the heroes into believing they had won. Why? Because Archimonde can't just get to Azeroth, because he's too fat to fit through portals that lead to Azeroth.

muhahahahahahah

/evilconspiracy
    But that would mean Archimonde had arrived from Azeroth through the portal when he first entered the arena.

Because nearly none of the Warlords have been even slightly threatening, Guldan gets bitch slapped by a boss you already killed, the story has just been horrible throughout he hasn't had close to the amount of build up required.

Why the hell is Ner'zhul done in a freaking dungeon?! This has never stopped pissing me off.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I don't care to speculate because Ion made it sound like, I believe it was him, it may have been Cory, he is not showing up in the near future. He is a loose end meant for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Because nearly none of the Warlords have been even slightly threatening, Guldan gets bitch slapped by a boss you already killed, the story has just been horrible throughout he hasn't had close to the amount of build up required.

Why the hell is Ner'zhul done in a freaking dungeon?! This has never stopped pissing me off.
    Because Ner'zhul is just a pissant at this point. He doesn't become apocalypse incarnate for Azeroth for like, 25 years at this point. It's like going back in time and punching Hitler, back when he was 17.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Fake Gul'dan?
    Yes, I repeat again: a FAKE Gul'dan.

Let me explain. The Gul'dan who you guys are talking about, the Gul'dan we have met in WoD, is a fake Gul'dan in the sense that he is not the authentic Gul'dan of our MU.
    He is a kind of clone from an alternate universe: a Gul'dan copy. He is not the original. He is not ours.

I'll give you an example: in the Harry Potter saga, in a moment of history the Professor Albus Dumbledore dies. What would people think if at a later stage of the history, a fake Albus Dumbledore from an AU appeared and stole the lead role of the original?
    Obviously it would not be accepted. That "new" Albus Dumbledore would be simply a fake, a clone, someone who is not the original.

Same thing happens with Gul'dan, Grom, Durotan and the rest of FAKE heroes we have met in WoD.

Conclusion: playing with alternate universes only brings headaches and a bad and poor narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Because Ner'zhul is just a pissant at this point. He doesn't become apocalypse incarnate for Azeroth for like, 25 years at this point. It's like going back in time and punching Hitler, back when he was 17.
    He still leads the shadowmoon clan, and drew power from the void star which claimed his soul. He was made to sound pretty bad ass throughout the Draenor questing experience, and at the end of the day he's one of the warlords and should never have been relegated to a 2 minute encounter in a 5 man.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh