Deleted

[Balance] DPS enhancement - improve booming

Hey,

can anyone check my logs and find some things which i can improve? The logs i will provide may not be kills. i hope it's enough..

Name: Krasserdudu
    Talents: Inc + Euph

@Zakuun: Trinkets Used: Mythic GSR + Mythic DSI
    @Tyrant: Trinkets Used: Heroic SoC + Mythic DSI

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/B3x1nyWpMPkrV8X7

thanks in advance!

on zakuun u used way to much sunfire (two per cycle) therefore you didnt use enough wrath you should have used thoughout the fight at least 10 but more like 15 more wraths.
    you use normaly 4-5 wraths per cycle and you did around 1-3 wraths per cycle.

have not done tyrant on mythic yet.

Deleted
    I think i'm to focus'ed on 98,9%+ DoT-Uptime so that i use it to often..need to improve there! Thanks!

i hope there's even more

Sunfire lasts 24 seconds(extending up to 31). With Euphoria, a full Eclipse cycle only takes 20 seconds. There's no reason to use Sunfire twice with Euphoria.

Deleted
    i thought it were 16s (a total cycle)..anyway it would underline your point..i know that but i did not do it for "reasons" xD

point for improvement as mentioned before..thx huth
    Last edited by mmoccb6f520851; 2015-10-26 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Krasser,

I looked at your longest pull, and I'm curious when your guild is popping lust? The dps check of the fight has always been p2, using lust to push from 70% to 40% asap, I'm curious why you didn't lust then .. with that in mind, you might find it beneficial to delay 2nd ring, and or save your second set of CDs to line up with lust. Judging by your groups progess and dps, you'll get a 3rd set of CDs in p3 anyway. (but even if you don't, using CDs in p2 is beneficial, saving them for p3 is whoring basically).

Other than that stop double casting sunfire, hardcast more, and try not to clip starfall, you could have way higher uptime.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Thank you Vex.

we will pop lust in P2..i think our raidlead said we should just wipe it in that try you mentioned xD

Fight isn't fast enough for GSR, I would just use SoC because you have so much mastery and crit and are low on haste, which is what happens with this gear. Aside from that, maintaining dots should be second nature. Should communicate your 3 mins are up soon, ring could have been delayed. Idk why ppl haven't started using stopwatch or some way to track time from start of combat, helps to gauge a lot.

Tyrant is going to be rough, especially with your raids dps. You might also want to set up a spot for last phase where 1 healer, like the priest or pally can just stand and tunnel heals, usually near the center of the room in a spot where they wont be hit by edicts that are taken out. You also have to lust and second pot at 60%, and everyone needs to stack up immediately but slowly because the oppression debuff is still active. It's also nice to have shieldtronics for the gavel + crash in last phase. Lock portals need to be max distance and clutch, a lock will most likely have to readjust portals midway phase 3. If they can do that before the 2nd/maybe 3rd edict in last phase and not have bulwark spawn under them, it'll be tremendous. You don't want to take any ticks of edict after the 2nd one in phase 2. Everyone needs their cameras to be pointing down and next to respectable demon gate, mouseover hovering, ready to click if they have edict. People are going to click randomly and fuck everything up, it's 100% going to happen, eventually they'll learn not to do that.

For your best attempt I'll try to point out anything I see classwise, or in general along all attempts on average.

Your disc needs to be clarity of will, divine star is nice as well, and the class trinket is really nice here. It won't show up, or be good for numbers but the damage reduction is really nice. Clarity of Will is super nice for the people who have the touch of harm debuff, and it's nice for 2/3rd phase. Eventually the tanks will be getting trucked.

Mages could have higher FoF uptime. Seems like some stray ice lances in there, a hardcasted FFB, unused FoF procs. Lunalee could be doing a bit more dps, 100k easy. Probably falling short when it comes to waterjet usage and managing FoF uptime. Other mage seemed to just get lucky with doom nova procs, he needs a better weapon.

Warrior should be using class trinket and not EDH. Also shouldn't be dragon roaring off cd. Whirlwinds a bit much too, rage management seems to go to shit after he executes the add, its pretty decent from :35-2:00 though. Rend uptime is good.

Seems like warcraftlogs just broke, if I remember to come back and check it out some more, I might.
    Last edited by randytaylor; 2015-10-28 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    Could you get a bit deeper on trinket choice? I thought using GSR on single-target would be more benefical than SoC. Would IRP be better in the sense of more haste and crit. just to say, i'm not really sure if SoC is a good choice because i think that general stats will boost all spells.

Thanks for you post. i will give that general fight information to my guild. hopefully it will save us some wipes

Quote Originally Posted by blatantdrood View Post
    Could you get a bit deeper on trinket choice? I thought using GSR on single-target would be more benefical than SoC. Would IRP be better in the sense of more haste and crit. just to say, i'm not really sure if SoC is a good choice because i think that general stats will boost all spells.

Thanks for you post. i will give that general fight information to my guild. hopefully it will save us some wipes
    I've just been there man, I've used it all. I have WF GSR, SoC, Piston. Never seen the bonus stats from Piston or even double proccing GSR come out on top of the million or so damage SoC will do, which it does while you're doing damage from other sources. Like with the crit and mastery you can get and the low haste values you end up with using later gear, Starfall gets stronger. GSR the fight has to be over in like 1:30, and Piston is just really not going to be noticeable unless you're at a haste value where that extra haste is going to net you one more starfire during ring, or get you a ton more nukes off. I don't even think it would be good for any fight where you're not using lust on the opener.

Deleted

Just use seed for everything until your killspeeds are alot faster.

You can use Goren on Fel Lord once your Kill speed is around 2minutes 30seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonzd View Post
    Just use seed for everything until your killspeeds are alot faster.

You can use Goren on Fel Lord once your Kill speed is around 2minutes 30seconds.
    I was doing some log analysis for my self yesterday, On our latest kill I swapped trinkets late and didn't manage to double proc GSR (I'm so bad).

That said, from 0:02 to 0:14 GSR gave me 50% crit on starfire. Compared to my previous best log, that swapped the average starfire from about 160k to 300k, and netted me about 1.2 mil damage difference. On that best try starfall with like 89% uptime gave me 1.18mil damage done over the whole fight.

Assuming I didn't fuck up and double proc'd GSR, or got atleast one more proc for the rest of the fight, GSR beats SOC hands down, mostly because of our initial burst on pull, and as rings get stronger that'll increase even further.

But and this is a big but, as Toonz said, you need kill times ranging from 2-3mins really. If you're killing bosses slower than that, it won't have the same impact. Currently I think 2:15 is perfect kill time, as 2nd ring explodes. Used to be 3:30 allowing for 2nd set of cds, but you drop too much from 2:15 to 3:00 before peaking again, and you peak for less cause you can't guarantee enchants/trinkets are up.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Hmm bad news @ Tyrant: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4hjG1WV3byD927nd

I think its best to aline bloodlust with 3min CDs and ring but our raid thinks different. They want to use it with ring CD, so at about 2mins. You can see it in the last trys. :/

Deleted
    I think its best to aline bloodlust with 3min CDs and ring but our raid thinks different. They want to use it with ring CD, so at about 2mins. You can see it in the last trys. :/
    Yup its just something you have to live with as a 3min class.

Thats why the I loved the T17 bonus pushing CA to a claose to 2min CD. but if offset it with Inc.

you have to try out but let I tell you, you aren't forced to use CA / Inc on pull you can hold it back. I mean on velhari it really depends on how quick P1 gows away if you can squize in another set of CA into Lust at 60%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Thats why the I loved the T17 bonus pushing CA to a claose to 2min CD. but if offset it with Inc.

you have to try out but let I tell you, you aren't forced to use CA / Inc on pull you can hold it back. I mean on velhari it really depends on how quick P1 gows away if you can squize in another set of CA into Lust at 60%
    I personally just use cds on pull and then 2nd cds when the p3 add is close to dead.

If you are progressing however it may be worth either holding your first cds for lust for the push or use on pull and then hold your 2nd cds for when the p3 add just spawns.

You didn't miss your double proc because of poor trink swapping, Blizz nerfed it. As of the stealth hotfix, trying to double proc now means you lose dps as the buffs are cut off the instant the boss is engaged, and will not proc again until the 20 second mark -- meaning you now lose 20 seconds of opener 3 min cd buff synergy up time with Incarn, CA, Berserk etc. So not only did Blizz nerf the double proc, they added a little spiteful debuff for those doing it (payback for the Fruit Basket hack?).

Ignore any warcraftlogs before November 3rd to get realistic rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Druantis View Post
    You didn't miss your double proc because of poor trink swapping, Blizz nerfed it. As of the stealth hotfix, trying to double proc now means you lose dps as the buffs are cut off the instant the boss is engaged, and will not proc again until the 20 second mark -- meaning you now lose 20 seconds of opener 3 min cd buff synergy up time with Incarn, CA, Berserk etc. So not only did Blizz nerf the double proc, they added a little spiteful debuff for those doing it (payback for the Fruit Basket hack?).

Ignore any warcraftlogs before November 3rd to get realistic rankings.
    Only his post is about a week old so he just missed the proc.