10+ Year Old Account

legendary ring hotfix nerf to Prismatic crystal use.

Fixed an issue where Legendary Ring effects were incorrectly counting damage dealt to Prismatic Crystals.
    Suppose it was fun while it lasted.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Was fixed Wednesday night, didn't last long indeed.

This isn't a nerf, it's an extremely obvious bug fix.

Does that mean the ring itself hit the Crystal, or does it mean that the damage you deal to PC isn't taken into account for the ring "explosion" ? Or something else ?

I think your ring was taking your cast into the PC, and the amplified effect from PC. So you would be charging up your ring with your 100% spell cast and 130% from PC (If you were Arcane)...
    That's a shed load of extra damage if I understand it right.

24/33 FTL
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2015-07-17 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I think your ring was taking your cast into the PC, and the amplified effect from PC. So you would be charging up your ring with your 100% spell cast and 130% from PC (If you were Arcane)...
    That's a shed load of extra damage if I understand it right.

24/33 FTL
    Okay so your dps on PC isn't taken into account, but PC damage onto boss is. Looks good.

Deleted
    So you would be charging up your ring with your 100% spell cast and 130% from PC (If you were Arcane)...
    24/33 FTL
    Just to be correct, you hit the PC with 130% damage and this already increased damage is copied (and maybe split) to the enemies. You don't hit it with 100% and then the damage "output" is amplified to 130%

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Okay so your dps on PC isn't taken into account, but PC damage onto boss is. Looks good.
    Yes, if you place the PC and nuke it without hitting enemies with the PC damage, your ring would deal 0 damage now.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2015-07-17 at 11:39 AM.

I know that, but maybe I'm reading the hotfix wrong.

incorrectly counting damage dealt to Prismatic Crystals
    To me that suggests the ring was not only counting the dmg coming out of the cyrstal, as it should, but also the damage that went into it.

I know that, but maybe I'm reading the hotfix wrong.

To me that suggests the ring was not only counting the dmg coming out of the cyrstal, as it should, but also the damage that went into it.
    It was. It was counting your DPS twice while PC was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This isn't a nerf, it's an extremely obvious bug fix.
    /endthread.

Anyone who thinks PC was intended to double-down on your Ring effect is insane.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.