Page 90 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Some comments made by Zack Snyder on Batman and Superman: http://www.vox.com/2016/5/2/11565932...justice-league

Honestly, I'm hoping he backs out of directing the Justice League movies. I don't agree with how he represents these two characters, nor do I enjoy his Superman movies. Henry Cavill being Superman is the only plus
    And it shows honestly. His direction of watchman focused on the most shallow and simplistic elements. The fight scene in the alley was like a page in the book but it wad like 10 minutes in the movie. Then he had thr balls to whine about not having enough time. No fuck you zack snyder you suck.

- - - Updated - - -

It occurred to me today were both mom's actually named Martha in the comic book?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It occurred to me today were both mom's actually named Martha in the comic book?
    Yes, indeed.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Better than the movie.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    So not to belabor the point but I'm still amazed at how much creative talent was behind this film and how poorly it turned out.

http://movieweb.com/batman-v-superma...ck-humiliated/

Nolan: interstellar, momento and the dark knight trilogy as director
    David S Goyer: behind writing tdk trilogy
    Chris terrio: script writer for the ACADEMY AWARD WINNING movie Argo
    Ben affleck: starred in and produced that same movie as well as a number of other critically acclaimed films. Shit he was in dogma ffs.

God damn Zack Snyder. I mean do we all dump it at his feet?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The movie wasnt that bad. It just had major cinematography problems in the first 30-40mins with way too many scene changes and lack of cohesive story. Affleck was my favorite real life action batman so far though and I'm a huge batman fan. (Kevin Conroy will always be the perfect batman for me). And the action sequences were fleeting but very well done. I liked how superman was just flashes and you barely saw him, thats what superman would be like.

Batman AND superman killing people was pretty retarded from Mr Synder though those are incredibly important character traits of both characters that they don't kill.

boring sensless shit my jaw was almost dislodged from yawning.

Supsman takes Kryptoninte spear and flies , why the feth not.

Deleted
    Wait Zach Snyder is still director after two fiasco's (Mos and BvS)? Does Warner really want to sink their franchise that fast?
    Is it all because his wife is part of Warner?
    Shit that pisses me off, I'm more of a DC fan than Marvel and really want a good JL movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The movie wasnt that bad. It just had major cinematography problems in the first 30-40mins with way too many scene changes and lack of cohesive story. Affleck was my favorite real life action batman so far though and I'm a huge batman fan. (Kevin Conroy will always be the perfect batman for me). And the action sequences were fleeting but very well done. I liked how superman was just flashes and you barely saw him, thats what superman would be like.

Batman AND superman killing people was pretty retarded from Mr Synder though those are incredibly important character traits of both characters that they don't kill.
    Batman has killed in all his movies. The only ones with less kills are the Nolan Trilogy (the second one has no kills I think)
    It was supposed to be the older Bruce Wayne, the one that lost Jason Todd and doesn't give a fuck anymore, but it was very poorly explained, and must know a thing or two to understand that. In this movie if I recall he has been fighting crime for 20years or smtg like that?

Afflek as batman was good.
    Wonder Woman was good
    But it didn't save the movie.

Does anyone know if their is going to be a release of the long version of BvS? That might cover plotholes/pacing problems and save the movie

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post

Batman has killed in all his movies.
    No he doesn't. The no killing thing IS batman. He lost his parents and that sent him on his path. He firmly believes killing a criminal still leaves a murderer in the world (himself in this case of killing someone).

Hes even gone as far as to develop his suit to reflect bullets where someone was hit as a result of his deflective suit so he removed the mod so bullets would not ricochet off him and hit innocents. Batman doesn't kill.

Yes they went with Frank millers darker version of batman, but darker batman is not a killer hes a bone breaking old school boxer style/alcoholic. Not firing automatic weapons and driving through walls taking out people.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Batman has killed in all his movies.
    In the best Batman movie to date, Mask of the Phantasm, Batman killed zero people.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    In the best Batman movie to date, Mask of the Phantasm, Batman killed zero people.
    You didn't spell Under the Red Hood correctly.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You didn't spell Under the Red Hood correctly.
    I loved that movie too but it lacked the combo of the best Joker and Batman in the franchise history.

No he doesn't. The no killing thing IS batman. He lost his parents and that sent him on his path. He firmly believes killing a criminal still leaves a murderer in the world (himself in this case of killing someone).
    He did say movies, and meant "live action" movies, in all of them Batman has killed folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    He did say movies, and meant "live action" movies, in all of them Batman has killed folks.
    Who does he kill in Batman (1966)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Who does he kill in Batman (1966)?
    There was a hobo in the final scene, crushed to death.

Hes even gone as far as to develop his suit to reflect bullets where someone was hit as a result of his deflective suit so he removed the mod so bullets would not ricochet off him and hit innocents. Batman doesn't kill.

Yes they went with Frank millers darker version of batman, but darker batman is not a killer hes a bone breaking old school boxer style/alcoholic. Not firing automatic weapons and driving through walls taking out people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
    Be feared, or be fuel

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

BOOSTER GOLD HAS A WRITER

"A shared cinematic universe is, to use a cliche, like a big ass boat. It's hard to turn a big ass boat - you really have to swing that sucker around, and it can take some time. The DC Movieverse is, in this case, the big ass boat, and I keep hearing whispers that it's getting reoriented in the wake of Batman v Superman being what it is (ie, bad).

I don't know how that's going to shake out when it comes to Justice League - the captain who was already mis-steering that boat is still steering that one! - but I think we will see that shift happening in some of the DC solo movies that are coming up. While The Flash lost director Seth Grahame-Smith WB is sticking with his script (for now, there will be rewrites as there always are rewrites), and that script is lighter and poppier, focusing on the friendship of The Flash and Cyborg, who hit it off in Justice League. Wonder Woman, I hear, is a very hopeful movie, flying in the face of the cynicism of Batman v Superman. And Warner Bros is developing another movie that definitely doesn't fit into the tone of the DC Movieverse as established: Booster Gold.

Zack Stentz, who has credits on movies like Thor, the new Power Rangers and Agent Cody Banks, is working on the script right now. I had heard that Greg Berlanti, the guy who runs the (tonally correct) DC TVverse is producing, and a recent appearance by Stentz on the "Fatman on Batman" podcast bears this out. Thanks to Cleats and Capes for listening to the podcast and picking out a couple of facts that back up everything I've heard: Stentz is writing Booster Gold with Berlanti producing and possibly interested in directing.

Booster Gold is a great character. He's an ex-athelete turned security guard in the future who steals a time machine (and a couple of superheroic objects, like a Legion of Superheroes flight ring) and comes back to the modern day intending to use his future knowledge and tech to become rich and famous. Callow, selfish and more than a little dopey, Booster's journey is from buffoon to true hero. In the classic 80s run of Justice League International he became best friends with Blue Beetle, and the two hatched harebrained schemes and plans and shared many a hearty "Bwa-ha-ha!" over the years.

Booster is very, very different from what we've seen in the DC Movieverse so far, and the fact that this movie is even in development gives me hope and backs up the whispers I have heard that Warner Bros - and especially Ben Affleck - are very hip to what went wrong with BvS, and that the opportunity exists to fix the larger universe.

I don't know what the status of Booster Gold is right now (it seems to be on hold), and I think it's a solo movie - ie, not the Blue and Gold buddy movie many have wanted - but the fact that it's managed to be in development at all during the Reign of Snyder is really impressive. I think there's an opening at WB where Booster Gold could suddenly see its fortunes changing, and getting closer to being a real movie."

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/...ter-gold-movie

BOOSTER GOLD IS BASICALLY AN ARROWVERSE MOVIE IN THE DCCU! HURRAH!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    So a montage of different directors from the 1980s onwards getting loose with the source material means batman should just kill now in all movies?

Hell even the video games get it right and don't kill.

Also what kind of detective is also a killer (this isnt dexter). Real detectives don't kill and Batman is the worlds greatest detective.

Also what kind of detective is also a killer (this isnt dexter). Real detectives don't kill and Batman is the worlds greatest detective.
    Originally, way back, the focus was on him being a detective. And yes, he carried a gun and used it. More like Sam Spade than superhero.

So a montage of different directors from the 1980s onwards getting loose with the source material means batman should just kill now in all movies?
    The person you initially responded to correctly pointed out that Batman has killed in all of his movies. That doesn't mean he should...but there's no point in pretending he hasn't. Snyder may be an idiot who took it way too far, but that doesn't give previous versions a pass.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Batman V Superman is just like Frank Miller's Dark Knight books. They are great, as long as they are one and done stories. Once you start trying to connect them to other stories they fall apart.