Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Dune 2000
    Fallout Tactics
    Dragon Age 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of Dragon Age 2 in this thread, but I don't really remember many people actually saying it was a bad game or that they hated it. They complained that it wasn't as good as the first and that there were several annoying elements (such as the constant reuse of maps), but as far as I can recall the biggest complaints were simply that it was rated far too highly, not that it was a bad game.

Anyway, the one that I enjoyed that I see getting a bad rap was Shadow the Hedgehog. I really enjoyed that game, possibly because I had no real attachment to the franchise so the things added that ruined it for other people didn't bother me. The use of guns meant nothing to me for example. I also enjoyed the multiple endings, even if they completely change the backstory in contradictory ways. I just treated it as if each play through was an alternate universe where the backstory I uncovered was true only for that particular universe.

For me, one of the most beautiful and coolest games ever made is "Zanzarah: The hidden Portal". Most people dont even know this masterpiece and it makes me sad. There is so much love in the game, so much fantasy. Beautiful landscapes. It's like Pokemon meets Hobbit ^^
    Unfortunately the studio departed afterwards and due to right issues they could never make a second game of it.

Even today I play Zanzarah and never get bored of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Another of my favourite games is Final Fantasy 9. I know many people dont like this part, but for me it's one of the best in the series, together with 10 and Tactics (Advance).

In every other part it kind of feels like it plays in a realistic world but in another time. But IX seems to be in its very own universe. So much fantasy in there and some of the most iconic and funniest characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mech commander and dungeon keeper

makes me sad that a third one was never made for both.

Does WOW count? Considering anyone I started playing with no longer plays and they hate WOW now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Does WOW count? Considering anyone I started playing with no longer plays and they hate WOW now.
    Since Wod is the current expansion it would be better to say that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    I see a lot of Dragon Age 2 in this thread, but I don't really remember many people actually saying it was a bad game or that they hated it. They complained that it wasn't as good as the first and that there were several annoying elements (such as the constant reuse of maps), but as far as I can recall the biggest complaints were simply that it was rated far too highly, not that it was a bad game.
    People tend to absolutely hate something that didn't meet their expectations. I personally loved Dragon Age 2, but I agree that it was much less polished than Dragon Age Origins, and for many people that's reason enough to say that it is a bad game. Same story happened with KotoR 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 (pre-expansion)...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    People tend to absolutely hate something that didn't meet their expectations. I personally loved Dragon Age 2, but I agree that it was much less polished than Dragon Age Origins, and for many people that's reason enough to say that it is a bad game. Same story happened with KotoR 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 (pre-expansion)...
    I actually thought DA2 improved upon DAO in almost every aspect, I thought it had a much better plot, a stronger cast, better talent and combat system. For me the only draw backs were a lack of options in character creation, no armour customisation for companions, and rampant environment reuse. And I don't think these drawbacks were big, combined it barely dented my experience of it, whilst with DAO, a game which I have found better with each play through, and went from being "its ok" to "I love it", I found it too....cookie cutter in terms of plot and setting, it was pretty standard fantasy RPG stuff. The most interesting aspect for me involved the elves and the mages, and DA2 did what I wanted, it ran with the mage templar conflict, which I thought was original, I hadn't seen mages portrayed in that light before and found it a really interesting way to look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I actually thought DA2 improved upon DAO in almost every aspect, I thought it had a much better plot, a stronger cast, better talent and combat system. For me the only draw backs were a lack of options in character creation, no armour customisation for companions, and rampant environment reuse. And I don't think these drawbacks were big, combined it barely dented my experience of it, whilst with DAO, a game which I have found better with each play through, and went from being "its ok" to "I love it", I found it too....cookie cutter in terms of plot and setting, it was pretty standard fantasy RPG stuff. The most interesting aspect for me involved the elves and the mages, and DA2 did what I wanted, it ran with the mage templar conflict, which I thought was original, I hadn't seen mages portrayed in that light before and found it a really interesting way to look at it.
    I agree, I liked DA2 character cast and the main story better. What I disliked however is being stuck in the city and its surroundings most of the time, while in DAO we got to travel to many places. Three acts happening essentially in the same set of locations were a bit daunting. Overall, I definitely loved Dragon Age 2, it just wasn't quite what I expected after playing through DAO and falling in love with it.

By the way, DA2's MotA DLC is one of my favorite DLCs of all time. The gameplay and the story were simply brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Old Tomb Raiders: I hardly ever see people (this forum as well as IRL) who like TR series.
    Old Prince of Persia: Most people didn't play it I suppose.
    Supaplex: Same as above.

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't that bad...

Well it wasn't great but it wasn't the worst game of all time or anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Just to list something new
    Guardian's Crusade for the Playstation. Havent played it in a long while, but I only remember good things.

It's basically an RPG made for younger children, and didn't get alot of attention.

Parasite eve 2. Played through that game so many times it's unreal.

Dragon Age 2 was hated because it was so obviously rushed. The recycling of dungeons/interiors in general was just laughable and being stuck in such a small area for the entirety of the game was a huge disappointment after origins. But other than that i remember the combat being a bit more satisfying than origins at least and i actually finished the game so wasn't all bad.

On topic though:

Every shmup under the sun: Other than the generally high difficulty of them i think they aren't liked because they're hardly available. At least now they have started to appear more on steam including the first Cave game (arguably the best company to make them) Mushihimesama so there's hope for them i guess.

Diablo 3 (vanilla): Everyone knows the hate for D3 at launch but i actually enjoyed it overall. Itemization was garbage ofc and AH one of the worst ideas ever but the insanely difficult inferno made for some hilarious HC play that's hard to find in current form of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF13 for me.
    I liked it, and the internet did not.
    I'm not sorry.

Deleted
    Prob ESO. Getting so much hate for playing that game every now and then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I liked the DA2 story better, even though I was never a fan of the paladin - mage stuff. The focus on the main character, his life in the different chapters, the dualism between his personal stuff (where things mostly get worse and worse) and his political career was really well done, and nicely presented in the framework story. The cast: No. Bar a few exceptions, e.g. the main character, the cast was better in DA:O in my opinion.
    But the points in which DA2 was bad were really obvious and shoved into the players throats: Reused dungeons, rushed content, simplified class systems - mostly the dumbing down of the casters - simplified dialogue options etc.
    And another thing that many players disliked: The combat system. I personally found it in DA2 worse than in DA:O, but that's more a thing of taste. But they did change to a bit more "classical" approach, with a bit of tactics involved, to an all-out action-RPG, almost hack&slash style. I think in today's market that sells better. Real cRPGs like Pillars or to some extent Divinity get praised, but usually don't sell as good as the myriad of ARPGs or shooter with some RPG elements (like Mass Effect). Still, many players disliked the change, and they hoped for the series to get more like the older Bioware RPGs. Unmet exceptions are one of the things people hate most in video games.
    Still, all in all, I really enjoyed DA2. Though for me it was worse than DA:O.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-12-02 at 02:10 PM.

The whole

Gobliiins Trilogy. As a kid I loved the colorful backgrounds and the puzzle solving.

The Armored Core series. Its hilarious when people go all hipster and talk about Demon's Souls like they liked From games before From was cool. Demon's Souls came out in 2009. I've been playing challenging From giant robot games since 2003!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.