Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wow Performance Intel i7 4790

I just wanted some information I have been getting in game stuttering when I move around my fps doesn't drop but my game becomes choppy and stuttering. I noticed every so often I get a message regarding changing the theme due to low system memory which I find weird. Also looking at task manager I have unparked all my cores and it shows only the cpu jumping from 5% usage to 25% usage which seems odd and only cpu 1 and 7 in resource monitoring shows higher usage then other cores. I would really appreciate some help. Below is my current spec

Intel i7 4790 3.6ghz
    Evga GTX 980 SC
    MSI Gaming 3 motherboard
    2 x 256GB SSD
    16GB Corsair Vengence 1866mhz Ram
    Corsair H75 Watercooling
    Corsair CXM 600W Power Supply

Regards

check temperatures of CPU and graphics card while you're experiencing the slowdowns. Thermal throttling is the only explanation that makes sense with your problems.

Temperatures are fine CPU temps never go over 42 degrees and cpu is sitting on 57 degrees

make sure your addons are up to date, they can cause all kinds of annoying crap

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    make sure your addons are up to date, they can cause all kinds of annoying crap
    My addons are all up to date never had this issue before. any reason why I keep getting windows message to change aero due to lack of resources with the spec I have and such low cpu usage for a game which is cpu focused doesnt make sense.

Deleted
    Try to disable hyper threading if you can and see if that works, its always best to have the game running on the physical cores, core 7 being the fake core, though in fairness this shouldnt be causing stuttering.

Can you give examples of where this is occuring, also check for back ground tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Try to disable hyper threading if you can and see if that works, its always best to have the game running on the physical cores, core 7 being the fake core, though in fairness this shouldnt be causing stuttering.

Can you give examples of where this is occuring, also check for back ground tasks.
    If your asking the stuttering anywhere I can be flying as soon as I start turning and terain changes or in action I can see the stuttering. How would I disable hyper threading? This also doesn't explain the windows message to change colour scheme.

Why does it always have to do with the hardware? I can tell you right know that it is a software problem. And in that case it is easiest to contact the blizzard support, they can help you alot.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems like a memory leak issue, if your system is telling you that you're low on system memory. Run task manager to observe everything going on when playing, to see what the issue is, and where that memory allocation is going. This is best done on a second screen, because if you merely tab out of WoW, it actually freezes it and won't show you proper statistics.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Kronikh View Post
    If your asking the stuttering anywhere I can be flying as soon as I start turning and terain changes or in action I can see the stuttering. How would I disable hyper threading? This also doesn't explain the windows message to change colour scheme.
    You have got all possible updates to windows, drivers and such? And legit version of windows?

Since temps are ok, drivers issue is next most likely thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It seems like a memory leak issue, if your system is telling you that you're low on system memory. Run task manager to observe everything going on when playing, to see what the issue is, and where that memory allocation is going. This is best done on a second screen, because if you merely tab out of WoW, it actually freezes it and won't show you proper statistics.
    Unfortunately I don't have that should I run wow windowed mode just to get a idea of what is going on in task manager?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    You have got all possible updates to windows, drivers and such? And legit version of windows?

Since temps are ok, drivers issue is next most likely thing.
    I have every driver updated including windows updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are three images while running Wow in windowed mode to see the task manager

http://postimg.org/image/nwabmp6cf/
    http://postimg.org/image/5zsxi2au5/
    http://postimg.org/image/8xvw5mvg3/

15+ Year Old Account
    My only question is why you have 7 Chrome tabs open while gaming lol

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    My only question is why you have 7 Chrome tabs open while gaming lol
    That was really a one off I don't usually even with no chrome open I face the same issues. A game so high on cpu and not gpu to still be using such low cpu usage doesn't make sense.

A game so high on cpu and not gpu to still be using such low cpu usage doesn't make sense.
    Short answer is the CPU usage is spiky and hits only two cores, which is why the average CPU usage seems very low. 25% usage on a quad core computer usually means one core is at 100% while the rest are idling. Very few games can utilize multiple cores efficiently because its not really possible.

I'd just turn off Windows Aero and be done with it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Short answer is the CPU usage is spiky and hits only two cores, which is why the average CPU usage seems very low. 25% usage on a quad core computer usually means one core is at 100% while the rest are idling. Very few games can utilize multiple cores efficiently because its not really possible.
    So can i do something to resolve this

Had exactly same issue a while ago. bought windows 8.1 and it dissapeared. I asume you have windows 7? Not sure why it went away but it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Hey, can you try reinstalling your graphics driver, and turn your page file on, if it is off(make sure to let it be system managed). Be sure this is a clean install.

Go into nvidia control panel and select power management as "prefer maximum performance."

Now delete your wtf folder(and remove any addons to the game) and open your geforce experience and select the newest updated settings for WoW.

It sounds like a graphics driver issue, not a memory leak, but you never know until you troubleshoot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Had exactly same issue a while ago. bought windows 8.1 and it dissapeared. I asume you have windows 7? Not sure why it went away but it did.
    That's most likely because it is almost certainly a software setting/issue and doing a fresh install to a new OS has a lesser chance of you re-messing up your software settings.

Usually it is the SSD "tweaks" to the OS that get people in trouble. That or an improperly installed driver.

My addons are all up to date never had this issue before. any reason why I keep getting windows message to change aero due to lack of resources with the spec I have and such low cpu usage for a game which is cpu focused doesnt make sense.
    That message means your gfx driver is crashing.

Do a clean re-install, try beta or older versions etc.
    It's a driver issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    That message means your gfx driver is crashing.

Do a clean re-install, try beta or older versions etc.
    It's a driver issue.
    I tried that used DDU to uninstall drivers and tried beta and 3-4 older versions