Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just mock the keyboard turning shitties and move on with your day.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No kidding. How's this shit not common sense?

People that suck get called out for sucking, and then they take out their frustration on others. This isn't a gaming only thing, either. It happens in every area in life and females are just as guilty.
    Yeah, it seems to be two sides of the same coin. You've got people who believe only straight white men can be bullies, and you've got people who believe minorities are never bullied more than members of the majority. And there's likely no amount of studies that would ever convince either group otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    People with low self-esteem bully those they consider lesser? Jeebus!
    I will never understand why people who spend time talking about how great they are, feel the need to denigrate those that they feel lesser.

So you're great. We get it. Where do the other people tie in to your beliefs, when you're talking about yourself, and yourself only?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

My guess is it's actually a spurious causation. People with low social ability are in general more hostile towards women who have rejected them more. Games like Halo 3 require good teamwork to succeed. If you are poor with social skills you will have bad teamwork and die more. Your poor social skills also help you rationalize that women must suck because you get rejected more often. So people who can't work together to win dislike women more often, both because of worse social skills.

While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    No surprises there, I bet some of those low skill male players are in this thread barking against women already.

Oh and I only needed to scroll up a little to confirm my thesis, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I'd report the hell out of you, followed by calling you a scrub/trash. Of course I kid, I have done that before too
    Yeah its not behaviored really aimed at a specific group of people, any weakness that is detected will be attacked. Missing 3 out of 20ish last hits on creeps. I get the standard, "OMG CARRY CANT LAST HIT!!"
    Sounds about right, mess up the smallest amount and they'll jump on you to cover their own mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I really think you're missing a very important part of what his question was getting at. (Or what it seemed to be getting at from where I'm sitting, I ought to let him speak for himself, I guess.)
    Oh, yes. I completely forgot about this thread actually! But my question was specifically if the study proved they only bully females. I thought I worded it well enough, all this study "proves" is that women are targeted more often, not that males aren't targeted either. Which isn't news to anyone probably, since yeah, a lot of stupid people will take that as an additional thing to insult someone about. It doesn't prove opposite of what other people were saying on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    That's seriously a study? People are bored.
    This.

I cannot conceive this a serious study - hell it's all based on Bungie halo3 rating system to define skilled/non skilled players. Like there are no other ways to check different skills in different games.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaderp View Post
    No surprises there, I bet some of those low skill male players are in this thread barking against women already.

Oh and I only needed to scroll up a little to confirm my thesis, lol.
    Remember kids, if you aren't treating women like the delicate flowers they are then people are allowed to make sweeping generalizations about you without a single hint of hypocrisy!

Deleted
    no matter what environment you're in

if you put a girl/woman in a place filled with young males, then she's likely to be bullied more, BECAUSE she's a woman/girl
    put the woman in a place with grown up males and she's less likely to be bullied, but she still stands out

this study doesn't prove anything we didn't already know
    young kids are dicks and don't give a shit about anyone, young boys don't like girls
    Video games like CoD, Battlefield etc. is dominated by men, there's not many women in those genres

if they want to impess anyone then do a study on a female dominated game and see if females are bullied more than men

Also just gonna mention that the E-Sport world is nothing but men which indicates that any higly competitive game is dominated by men and seen as a game/thing for men and not women
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-07-17 at 12:24 PM.

So many people people in this thread getting triggered and not even reading the link before making a statement lel

Deleted
    So a guy played 126 games of Halo 3 and it's called a "study"? Sigh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So a guy played 126 games of Halo 3 and it's called a "study"? Sigh.
    I should "publish" my game time on WoW,FF and DoTA. The "study" would be of massive proportions.

Seems to check out. I don't bully women and I'm MLG as fuck. ^_^

Probably true. Most bullies I've encountered are dumb as rocks, and especially in a situation where intelligence dominates (video games), they'll try to make up for their lack of it by going alpha male on the smarter/nicer players and pushing girls around. Classic schoolyard bully shit here.

I'm guessing they use the sound of voices to see who seems like the best victim. Girls and young kids having the highest pitch voice.

I love it when a kid tries to harass or piss me of, their cries is like music to my ears.

Deleted
    Doesn't really make sense. It's the skilled players that tend to be assholes and treat lower skilled players like retards.

Ya'know now I'm kinda curious what's the x% of players that uses mics on any and all consoles or pcs, and the y% of female on that x.
    Your you're own enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopespheratu View Post
    Doesn't really make sense. It's the skilled players that tend to be assholes and treat lower skilled players like retards.
    In my experience it is the players who believe they are more skilled than they actually are who are the most abusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in! Insecure assholes act like insecure assholes. More news at 11!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    http://www.psypost.org/2015/07/study...n-online-35901

This study has begun making the rounds on social media. What do you think about it?

I suspect they would find similar results by testing other characteristics, such as a child's voice or a speech impediment. Certain accents or speech patterns to give the impression that the speaker is not a heterosexual white male would likely also be met with hostility or harassment from the worst players. It's also plausible that shitty female players are as likely to bully, though they may favor methods that aren't as easily observable, such as gossip or manipulative private messages.
    When it comes to bullying, any characteristic that sets you apart or is prominent will be used against you. That's the very basics of bullying.

The women I've come across that have bullied or otherwise tried to bring someone down do so with backtalk, slander and manipulation. I find it far worse than a mans open insults, because a womans bullying is about getting into your head and under your skin, then turn everyone against you.