Mercenary branch-off idea...

After reading up on the new Mercenary PvP queue'ing, specifically this quote:
    "Similarly, it's important to note that these are not creating "mixed-faction" scenarios. There will be no Humans fighting alongside Orcs. Again, our intent is that you are completely unaware that the person next to you is secretly a Night Elf."

Got me thinking. What if you could queue for "Randomize PvP" which would queue you into 2s, 3s, 5s, or unrated BGs, and randomly pick one of your characters across your account to play, according to the set characters and PvP scenarios you have previously chosen to be selected. The idea of grouping up with a buddy who also plays multiple classes and queue'ing together and always having a different PvP situation kind of gives me little WoW tingles. The randomization of who your fighting with and against in BGs and Arena has always been enticing and exciting to me, but taking it a step further by having your class AND SPEC randomized and even blacklist options like (for instance you have a lvl 100 Rogue, Mage, Druid) "2's: (Frost Mage, Assass Rogue, RDruid only), 3's: (Fire/Frost Mage, Combat Rogue, Feral only), unrated BGs:(Fire/Frost Mage, Combat/Assass Rogue, Feral/RDruid)

Like mercenary, it wouldn't be something you HAD to do, just an option. Making you opposing faction like mercenary as well? :P

would you be into it?
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2015-07-20 at 03:30 AM.

holy shit..... dude YES. YESSSSSS!!!! me and my roommate both play 4 different toons and have even talked about this before

Ya same with me, think it would be a fun way to spice up PvP, because I always feel like I am neglecting one class or another

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a very niche idea for people who quickly gear multiple toons in PVP and then continue to play them. The very great majority of players stop playing once they get gear, and move on to other activities or other characters. It's neat conceptually, but I don't think it's worth the development resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    It's a very niche idea for people who quickly gear multiple toons in PVP and then continue to play them. The very great majority of players stop playing once they get gear, and move on to other activities or other characters. It's neat conceptually, but I don't think it's worth the development resources.
    what is niche about having multiple characters and wanting to que for PvP and have one of your random characters selected? i have 30+ active real ID friends with multiple toons who can never decide who they want to play. bam! play em all

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a really good idea. Doubt it'll ever happen though