Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Super Simian Sphere

Has anyone else been trying to farm this toy since the patch, and how is it going?

So far I have looted just over 41k trash mobs in Pit of Saron (~540 runs), gotten over 46k gold from vendor trash, 24k Frostweave Cloth, 9 Battered Hilts, 5 other BoE world drop epics and still 0 gorilla trinket. Definitely the worst grind I have attempted in a while.

Edit: It finally dropped in Pit of Saron after 629 runs (47492 looted mobs).
    Last edited by Irisia; 2014-10-28 at 01:35 PM.

All I can do is wish you the best of luck.
    I was one of the fortunate people who obtained it back while the content was current, in a random dungeon.
    Still a rare item, not seeing many about using it.
    Seeing a lot more people on the grindy toys now, like the time-lost figurine (which I now have, thank god), and the argent tournament banners.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    Has anyone else been trying to farm this toy since the patch, and how is it going?

So far I have looted just over 41k trash mobs in Pit of Saron (~540 runs), gotten over 46k gold from vendor trash, 24k Frostweave Cloth, 9 Battered Hilts, 5 other BoE world drop epics and still 0 gorilla trinket. Definitely the worst grind I have attempted in a while.
    Went in to check it out, got one on my 3rd trash pull.

I wasn't farming for it persay but after many, many many pit of saron runs for gold i got it on my mage.
    so my advice is to try not to think about it, usually how i end up getting things.

About 1k runs here, another guy I know is above 2k. He told me there's 9 BoE world epics, so a 1:9 chance I guess for it to drop. Gotten about 9 epics so far, just not getting lucky. At least I'm getting some gold out of this.

I remember getting it in utgarde pinnacle. Any reason why you farm pit of saron? Pretty sure its a random world drop. Did they change something with the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I remember getting it in utgarde pinnacle. Any reason why you farm pit of saron? Pretty sure its a random world drop. Did they change something with the patch?
    Maybe for battered hilt, extra gold while farming

I saw that drop once. I couldnt roll need because I was a caster ._.

I got it while farming frostweave. I almost vendored it too, because I had no clue what it was.

Its an amazing trinket, but its not really something you can force to drop. I wouldnt grind 540 runs for a trinket that I can be hilarious in raids with. I would atleast mix it up, you dont need to do one dungeon again and again.
    Chronomancer Club

I got mine in Ulduar. I guess if you're there farming for mogs maybe it'll drop?

I would love some more hilts though, that's an idea.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    I was farming Pit of Saron for Battered hilts when i got it.
    Just do the big trash pull and i usually get 1 BoE world epic per lockout (max instances per hour)
    It's easily the fastest way to get it, and as a bonus theres the cloth/greens/battered hilts.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Deleted
    Yeah I got it on my druid during wrath. Shifting forms didn't affect the sphere's effect so it was fun changing to flight form and flying around as monkey in bubble. But sadly I don't play that account anymore.
    Mine dropped in Oculus if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by mmoc2ee9170beb; 2014-10-27 at 04:14 AM.

When it comes to the super simian sphere farming you don't monkey around.

I'll see myself out.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Are you guys farming the entire instance (pit of saron) or just a portion of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Maybe for battered hilt, extra gold while farming
    Also because pit of saron is one of the best(or THE best) places to aoe farm WotLK world drops because of the high mob density

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Are you guys farming the entire instance (pit of saron) or just a portion of it?
    Just the lower area with tons of mobs, no boss kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Just the lower area with tons of mobs, no boss kills
    Ty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Ty much.
    also the patrolling frost dragons to the east give an undispellable dot that does %HP damage, it WILL kill ya unless you are real fast on a self heal.
    (or kill em before they get into melee range)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Got mine about 5 minutes after a friend started telling me how many mobs he'd killed for it already. He was around 30k at that stage, and it did finally drop after somewhere between 60-70k. For me, it would have been about the same amount of mobs, I just wasn't actually looking for it.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

finally got mine after only ever seeing it once back in wotlk...back then it dropped off a random mob while doing quests in icecrown with friends...i lost the roll ><. mine dropped in naxx on a mog run...only me and my mate in there and i won the roll (unusual because he is so lucky normally). i love that this can be used on all my toons and no longer takes up a trinket slot

Deleted
    Only saw it once - drak'tharon when it still was current content. Not tried to farm it since though, maybe it will appear cheap on one server where I don't play anymore but got gold zu spend :>