The things you listed are more than what was said at Gamescom though, which means that if they say that then what we saw at Gamescom isn't "all".

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont think the panel chart is correct because of no movel panel and No tech panel
    I think its just a rough estimate of what the panels will be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Also: I expect very little from the Q&A. Blizzard Q&As have been terrible lately, even if we exclude that silliness that happened on GamesCom.
    Well you should
    Blizzcon Q&As are always horrible but they have a few good questions scattered within

I wonder if there'll be any questions about Thrall's eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah, we need that. That and what the devs think about, I don't know, gay marriage. Or gun rights.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm more concerned that we just witnessed ogre empires on old Draenor, actually raided one of them, and still saw no sign of female ogres. I'm starting to believe that ogres just originate from rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    People who bring up gun rights and gay marriage in a fantasy game are fucking idiots
    (That was the point.)

Looks like we do get the cinematic at Blizzcon, sounds like that "Road to Legion" possibly could have release date announcement too IMO.

That description to me sounds like they are going to go over the previous WoW cinematics (which to me is cool in of itself) and then end with the Legion cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Looks like we do get the cinematic at Blizzcon, sounds like that "Road to Legion" possibly could have release date announcement too IMO.
    That's quite a logical leap going from a cinematics panel to a release date announcement just by the panels subtitle.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    There's no way we walk out of Blizzcon without the release date for Legion (at least the month). Or, rather, anything is possible, but if we walk out without knowing even the month... it doesn't make much sense to even listen to WoW sessions with more than half an ear, because everything is so distant, it is going to change (almost wrote "cut") several times over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    There's no way we walk out of Blizzcon without the release date for Legion (at least the month). Or, rather, anything is possible, but if we walk out without knowing even the month... it doesn't make much sense to even listen to WoW sessions with more than half an ear, because everything is so distant, it is going to change (almost wrote "cut") several times over.
    Nope, we don't see a release date until a couple of months beforehand usually, when Beta's already been in full swing for some time.

It is incredibly unlikely that we get a release date at Blizzcon, before Beta has even started. They just would not want to commit to a date that far out, because so much can change. For WoD, the release date was announced about 2 months ahead of time. For all previous expansions, it was just a month ahead. There is no way they will release it 5+ months out.

The most we might get is the start of pre-orders with an estimated release date (i.e like the Fall 2014 release estimate we got when WoD preorders started). They might say spring/summer/fall 2016, but that is the most clarification we will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    For WoD, the release date was announced about 2 months ahead of time. For all previous expansions, it was just a month ahead.
    WoD release date was announced August 14th - that's roughly 3 months before the release. Any previous expansion date was announced 2 months ahead.

Anyways - depends on how long beta has to last. If they announce stuff only when they're likely to no longer change it, and stuff added is likely to now cause major technical problems, then beta can be shorter.

They are not going to have a better opportunity to announce at least a quarter or the date itself. They could do a small event but, that does not match Blizzcon.

I think they could give an April release date at Blizzcon even. Otherwise you are looking at a January announcement which is "only" 2 months after Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

If they give a date at Blizzcon it will be for Beta starting, and if it's soon then that will make up for any perceived lack of information at the panels because, well, we'll just be able to look at it ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    So....the lists seems about right on my end, but did anyone else noticed there's no film panel this year? Thats really odd considering its the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So....the lists seems about right on my end, but did anyone else noticed there's no film panel this year? Thats really odd considering its the last one.
    Maybe they're just going to show the trailer during the opening ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    He hasn't done anything recently aside from showing excitement for Legion, which people still somehow interpret as a negative.
    He was really excited about working on ashran I would be afraid of anything he's doing to pvp after wod..

Deleted
    my offtopic 2 cents: make max. monthly sub fee 9.90 $/Eur and Legion 34.90 $/Eur and you catch me another time. otherweise fy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I'm guessing we'll hear some excuse about how they wanted to do a movie panel but there's only so much time they have during blizzcon to do panels.

It's always the same, everyone wants the games they are most interested in to have more panels and the games they are least interested in to have less panels and with 6 games to represent there's not enough panels to really cover all of those well enough anyway, let alone having to put a movie panel in there as well.

We'll probably get a cinematic in the opening ceremony and that's about it for Blizzcon. There'll probably be stuff for those actually at blizzcon, and maybe some talk with people on the livestream about the movie, but no dedicated panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm guessing we'll hear some excuse about how they wanted to do a movie panel but there's only so much time they have during blizzcon to do panels.

It's always the same, everyone wants the games they are most interested in to have more panels and the games they are least interested in to have less panels and with 6 games to represent there's not enough panels to really cover all of those well enough anyway, let alone having to put a movie panel in there as well.

We'll probably get a cinematic in the opening ceremony and that's about it for Blizzcon. There'll probably be stuff for those actually at blizzcon, and maybe some talk with people on the livestream about the movie, but no dedicated panel.
    Yeah people are really selfish when it comes to Blizzcon, kinda weird. But I think the lineup seems about right. They also took it down, so something was missing/broken?

To comment on the movie thing again, thinking it through another movie panel kinda doesn't make sense anymore. People just want a trailer, and apperantly, it will debut on the 6th (Blizzcon day!) with Specter. http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers

Keep in mind that this site is generally correct pretty much everytime, and when they were targeting the Jurrassic World date they moved the trailer aswell due to the film's date also moving 3 months ahead.