Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DiNett View Post
    Really, so all those automated order stands are a myth now?
    That literally replaces 2-4 workers at most of the McDonalds, theres still the 7 or so of them working in the back.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 an hour is still peanuts for living in new york lol
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Nah, why bother to try and fix the cutthroat capitalism problem via half-assed policies? Just reintroduce slavery and remove the need to pay wages to the bottom 99% of society, keep them subhumans in tiny cages and feed them watery gruel.

After all, only the top 1% of the world matters apparently.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Nah, why bother to try and fix the cutthroat capitalism problem via half-assed policies? Just reintroduce slavery and remove the need to pay wages to the bottom 99% of society, keep them subhumans in tiny cages and feed them watery gruel.

After all, only the top 1% of the world matters apparently.
    Because revolutions follow after you treat people like that. So they give you this little something of earning and then brainwahs you through the tv so you feel content with what little you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Walmart.... they are slowly and unwillingly following IKEA'S lead.

Walmart is up to 9$ isn't it?
    $10 in February. As someone mentioned earlier relating to federal minimum wage, they're raising it slowly to avoid a shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    It may raise the price of a lot of things, but nowhere near as much as you would fear. You really have more to worry about the greed of the owners using that fear as an excuse to gouge you and blame the raise for it instead.

You could double the wage of fast food workers and the prices of their goods would go up less than 20% without even touching their profits. Economist looked at Walmart looked into it and putting all their workers at $10 an hour worked out to less than $13 more per customer per YEAR in expenses without actually touching their profits given their current setup, they could raise it to $15 an hour and while that would increase the hit a bit more than $13 annually per customer, it still wouldn't be hugely noticeable to the end user.
    Not the way our store manager told it. She implied the higher-ups are living in cardboard boxes in order to pay for increased wages.