Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of anti-cop people here. I studied Criminal Justice and worked with a law enforcement agency for a little bit. Most of the cops were polite and professional, you get cops that are very anti-society which is a problem. A lot of those cops are only that way because of all the crap they get from people that they pull over in a traffic stop. Yes, a traffic stop is a very dangerous situation you never know whats going to happen or how people are going to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I'd argue that too many civilians getting killed by the police is also a reason why citizens will become trigger-twitchy.
    say trigger-twitchy 5 times fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    this cop was innocent too. Just doing his job. So it's more ok that he's dead now?
    His shooter will face consequences, the reverse isn't true if he blows away some guy that wasn't even breaking a law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    Score one for the good guys.

Judge Dredd justice is the real American way!
    Yeah, because "Good guys" shoot cops that have probably never done anything wrong against someone in there entire lives...good god...
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    His shooter will face consequences, the reverse isn't true if he blows away some guy that wasn't even breaking a law.
    Every time a cop discharges their weapons it is investigated. Every department has that policy.

7+ Year Old Account
    All loss of life is unfortunate. The shooting looks like it was a setup since the shooter called 911 himself and then killed one of the responding officers. Possibly the gunman was trying to get into a gang? He had gang affiliations but was not a confirmed member.

The best way we can honor Sgt. Lunger's death is to alleviate the conditions that created the gangs in the first place. Then no one will have to have itchy trigger fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    So naive.

Innocence in the eyes of the law is not the same as actual innocence. If I attack a cop with a meat cleaver but am shot and killed I am not morally innocent even though I did not get a trial.
    You are therefore armed and assaulting, and a cop, me, anyone would have the right to defend.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Every time a cop discharges their weapons it is investigated. Every department has that policy.
    Self-regulation is a joke and you know it. Its extremely difficult to get an officer fired let a lone criminal charges for blatantly killing even a completely innocent person.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Self-regulation is a joke and you know it. Its extremely difficult to get an officer fired let a lone criminal charges for blatantly killing even a completely innocent person.
    As I learned in the military and how I think ever cop should view every situation. It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6. If you enter into a situation and feel threatened or beleive somebody is about to attack you. Better to shoot them and figure it out later. Instead of winding up dead yourself.

Hypocrisy as expected, people are disgusted when a cop shoots someone trying to attack him but when a cop gets shot for no reason other than doing his job it's "WELLP HE PROB HAD IT COMING". These same people try to act like they value human life.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Hypocrisy as expected, people are disgusted when a cop shoots someone trying to attack him but when a cop gets shot for no reason other than doing his job it's "WELLP HE PROB HAD IT COMING". These same people try to act like they value human life.
    Which people?

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    As I learned in the military and how I think ever cop should view every situation. It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6. If you enter into a situation and feel threatened or beleive somebody is about to attack you. Better to shoot them and figure it out later. Instead of winding up dead yourself.
    Amazing logic....lmfao

Shall I adopt this mentality as a citizen? That's the spiral down, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    And this is why the police sometimes shoot people.
    Because a tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of officers are shot?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Which people?
    Anyone who freaks out when someone gets killed for attacking the cops, I thought that was clear.

Looks like the guy in the OP had the same philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    "The police chief didn't specify what charges Estrada would face."

you murdered a police officer, you're not leaving prison until you're a corpse.
    This I don't really understand, like why do we treat the life of officers as more special?

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh View Post
    Yeah no.
    Like....
    No.
    Military------> that way
    Police <------- that way
    Police should be that way, they don't know what kind of situation they are walking into. You as the civilian know what the situation is, and know what the cop is walking into. You can either put him at ease or escalate it. You determine how it is, if you refuse to diffuse it because your an idiot. Put them down like a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh View Post
    So EVERYONE that freaks out when police shoot innocent people support the shooting of cops.
    God I'd love to live in such a simple world.
    More like all the people who freak out when someone is killed for attacking a cop act like they care about human life. Poor phrasing on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Maybe the shooter was ex-military.
    Yeah but he knows the situation the cop is walking into, the cop doesn't. Cop should be apprehensive, he doesn't know your packing a gun, so he needs to assume that you are. While you as the civilian, know he's carrying and has no idea, what your going to do.