Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree that physical attraction is important in a relationship, but I think that encouraging your partner to engage in healthy lifestyle habits would be a better approach to dealing with the issue...also, I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to stay together *just* for the sake of their child, in my opinion that will only cause the child more harm in the long run.
    Most definitely this.

Also, anyone who thinks their life got ruined because their GF cheated on them needs to get over it.

Someone's life may encounter huge hurdles and indeed be detrimentally affected in significant ways if your long term partner (husband/wife, legal marriage) who they have many mutual assets with (and children) cheats on you. They have an excuse because that's just a massive pain. But I've met far too many guys whose Girlfriend of 4 months cheats on them and they moan and whine for 6 months about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    The lengths that Humans will go to in an attempt to justify and rationalize something that they all comprehend to be a perversion is no surprise to me. So, calling these 10 talking points 'facts' is a misuse of nomenclature.
    I don't see any justification of cheating, just explanations for why it happens. If people better understand it, then perhaps they can be more conscientious of it when making long term decisions about getting a life partner.

But we can always make the "OMG CHEATING IS SO DISGUSTING LET'S SHAME ANYONE WHO DOESN'T IMMEDIATELY ABHOR THE THOUGHT OF IT," response, rather than being rational human beings and taking a closer look at it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Most definitely this.

Also, anyone who thinks their life got ruined because their GF cheated on them needs to get over it.

Someone's life may encounter huge hurdles and indeed be detrimentally affected in significant ways if your long term partner (husband/wife, legal marriage) who they have many mutual assets with (and children) cheats on you. They have an excuse because that's just a massive pain. But I've met far too many guys whose Girlfriend of 4 months cheats on them and they moan and whine for 6 months about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any justification of cheating, just explanations for why it happens. If people better understand it, then perhaps they can be more conscientious of it when making long term decisions about getting a life partner.

But we can always make the "OMG CHEATING IS SO DISGUSTING LET'S SHAME ANYONE WHO DOESN'T IMMEDIATELY ABHOR THE THOUGHT OF IT," response, rather than being rational human beings and taking a closer look at it.
    It really depends on the context behind it all.

If it happens once, I might be a bit more easy on them. If it happens again and it puts them in the same state for the same long amount of time, i'll start questioning your resilance and character along with your relatinship skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ina View Post
    I hope that you never have to find yourself in a relationship where you haven't been able to have regular sex for almost a year.
    Yeah because talking to the other person in the relationship about that, or breaking off the relationship if its gone cold, those aren't mature responses to problems in a relationship, just start fucking someone else, that'll fix everything.

This is what happens when cheating is brought up on this website. Always.

A number of times I've thought it would be helpful to describe my story and outline some of the root causes that led me to making a poor decision. Almost every time I am accused of trying to justify, excuse my actions, or otherwise not take responsibility for it.

The problem is cheating is seldom about just sex...which seems to go counter to what a lot of people think. The underlying issues that pop up drive the decision to cheat. People don't like to acknowledge that because it paints the cheater in a light OTHER than a mindless animal hell bent on fucking bitches. Realizing that there are psychological reasons behind infidelity humanize it, and the last thing we want to do is humanize cheaters.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Thanks for posting this, as it was my motive for posting the article rather than just discussing the emotional effects infidelity has on one's partner(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    To me this sort of thing is an argument against monogamous relationships for the people for whom this rings true, not a justification for cheating.

There might be lots of social, historical, or evolutionary reasons for having multiple partners, but there's never a justification for being unfaithful to a person with whom you are supposed to have an exclusive relationship. The problem with infidelity is the dishonesty itself.

I don't have any issue with someone who wants to fuck a lot of people or have multiple relationships, but I have a big issue with someone who says they want to be with only one person while their actions suggest otherwise. Be in an open relationship, or just don't commit to any one.

I don't think that's so advanced or controversial a concept.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    i distrust anything posted by a known draenei and from facebook.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celista View Post
    you monster! I WILL END YOU! your menace to society ENDS NOW FOUL BEAST!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you monster! I WILL END YOU! your menace to society ENDS NOW FOUL BEAST!
    Relax, scum Sin'dorei...I made the image with a facebook post generator. It's not a real facebook post...like I would accept a friend request from Valeera...*snort*

10+ Year Old Account
    Relax, scum Sin'dorei...I made the image with a facebook post generator. It's not a real facebook post...like I would accept a friend request from Valeera...*snort*
    that still doesn't change the fact that your draenei scum who murders bread.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that still doesn't change the fact that your draenei scum who murders bread.
    How does one murder bread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Infidelity is a moral crime. It's not natural, and it's an outcome of culturally forced monogamy.

Humans are naturally polyamorous. But that doesn't mean we have to be liars and cheats.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one murder bread?
    by eating sandwiches like you do. everyday. inhuman blue monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Infidelity is a moral crime. It's not natural, and it's an outcome of culturally forced monogamy.

Humans are naturally polyamorous. But that doesn't mean we have to be liars and cheats.
    Now see I tried to look this up multiple times but I always get conflicting studies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Now see I tried to look this up multiple times but I always get conflicting studies.
    There's no real way to study it. It is impossible to separate humanity from its cultures.

The most people can do is project from behaviours of other great apes.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not advocating that everyone force themselves to be monogamous. I'm taking issue with dishonesty and betrayal, specifically.
    You would think this would be pretty freaking obvious for everyone. Promiscuity and cheating are obviously not the same thing. It's called cheating for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    40% of people cheat on their significant others in a broad range of societies that all condemn it, and sometimes punish offenders. And that's just cheating; we're not even talking about open relationships/threesomes/other means of gaining access to sexual partners without the use of deception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ina View Post
    Your life isn't ruined by someone cheating.
    Maybe not permanently but if you invest in someone(both emotionally and plan a future with them) and they lie and cheat it kinda is for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Maybe not permanently but if you invest in someone(both emotionally and plan a future with them) and they lie and cheat it kinda is for a long time.
    Exactly. Good luck trusting people quite as easily, especially your next partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.