Poll: which symbol to tattoo

thinking about getting a tattoo

So I'll be turning 18 in a month (lol at my join date at that) and I've kind of been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo for a while, but as my birthday approaches I'm thinking more seriously about it.

Now, I've always been one to advocate against getting tattoos to all my friends, as I know people with some pretty stupid tattoos. However, I do think they can be pretty cool if they're even just the slightest bit meaningful. That is why I want to get a World of Warcraft tattoo. Now before you write it off hear me out. Even though I'm not currently subscribed and don't play very often anymore, I will probably at least try out every expansion yet to come. But besides that, I started playing this game in 4th grade. 10 years old. I've never been much of a video game guy (lol), but when I first started playing WoW I was absolutely addicted. 6+ hours a day on school days, 12+ on weekends and holidays. Needless to say, this game has had a huge impact on my life and shaped me as a person greatly. I don't believe I will have any regrets with getting this ink.

Now moving on to why I'm posting this in the first place. What to get? of course. I've already got it narrowed down to two choices. As cool as a huge tattoo of Illidan or Arthas, I think most would agree it would be wise to start with something simple and cool. One of the first classes I ever decided to stick with and level past 10 was a mage, and to this day, a name change and server change later, that is still my main that I don't I'll ever have the heart to abandon. That is why it's come down to:

Arcane Intellect

Or

Dalaran Brilliance

I would probably get it a little stylized as well, or do you think I should just use the original? Keep in mind if I got the first it would be blue and the second in purple. I'm leaning toward the Dalaran Brilliance, and when I showed them to my mom she liked that one better as well. She said it kind of looked like some sort of Native American looking thing too, which I can see and think is pretty cool also. Tbh a big reason I'm even considering the first is that is a little more "classic" mage, but then again I've been using Dalaran Brilliance ever since it was added in wotlk and even feel a little superior the the peasant mages who don't use it, but that's just me. I'm totally open to more opinions, what do you think?

Oh also, where on body to get?!
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Deleted
    Dalaran Intelect. On the forehead.

Also now that I think about it I think this would be simple enough to look really cool on my wrist, but I would really like it to be easily covered, so hmm.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

7+ Year Old Account
    Get a tattoo of your face on your face.

In all seriousness Dalaran Brilliance is a better choice as it's more streamlined as opposed to Arcane intellect which is messier. I'd also suggest somewhere that it's not going to interfere with your day to day life, wrist might seem like a good idea but between the high nerve density and the frequency in which you use your wrist it'll be rather uncomfortable. There is a reason why many people start with their back, it's generally not very painful and you can just lie on your stomach as it's getting done.
    Last edited by Notshauna; 2015-07-25 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Kirin Tor symbol looks stylish compared to the Arcane Intellect icon. Go with that one.

Place it somewhere you can cover up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Someplace where you can cover it up at least with a long sleeve shirt. I've thought about getting tattoos but have never followed through.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Tattoos are a lot more common then they used to be so you're far less likely to be refused a job because of them than a few decades ago. Truth is unless it's garish you're probably never going to have anyone hold it against you.

Had to.

Jk, anyways, don't get it on your damn wrist. Make it so that it gets covered up by wearing normal attire, otherwise you'll be shooting yourself in the foot when you try to get a job and they turn you down because of it.

That or you have to explain to a chick when you're 25 (when you're older and things matter), that it's a world of warcraft tattoo...

7+ Year Old Account
    Go all out with them. Arcane Intellect on your wrists(both of them) and Dalaran Brilliance on your forehead.

Get brilliance, looks much cooler.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best tattoo to have turning 18 (or ever):

Yes, you (don't) see it right.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

I don't think your opinion on tattoos has any affect on the OP's decision to get one.

But more on topic, you could always get one (or both) on either shoulder blade. It'd be covered up by a shirt and the tattoo artist would have more room to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

I'm vacation in Greece right now, in Zakynthos. Feels like a college campus, nothing here but 18-23 yos and the boys, I fucking swear, are covered in tatoos, looks like a yakuza convetion over here. Are these tatoos temporary or something?! Or did the youth gone completely full-retard?!