[ele] Help I have logs!!!

so I dunno what I am doing, I used to be able to play ele but now days I can't seem to hold my own and its super frustrating >=( I am the worst!!!

First of all I am a resto main so I know my itemization is garbage but I would like help with my rotation mostly. It must be terrible.

[N] Fel Lord: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=35
    [N] Mannoroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    [N] Xhul'horac: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=38

heeeeelp me!!

You don't look too bad to me mate. Most of the things i usually check for in logs are fine. High uptimes on flame shock. Fire totems also have a decent uptime.
    You look like you're running Elem Fusion, and it looks like class trinket too so all good there.

Fel lord-
    Missed a 2nd Elemental Mastery. Was this due to time warp? Can't see your gear to look at haste levels. 4pc didnt last the whole of lust + Ascendance, so you probably could've popped it.
    missed 2nd pot too.

Xhul horac
    I think you could've Earthquaked a bit more. It likely might've ended up as meter padding, but if you've got the buff up, it is a single target damage improvement to put it down anyway.
    Could've popped a 2nd Ascendance+EM during the 2nd Nithramus pop too. and 2nd pot.
    Talent Primal Ele. Since UF doesn't buff CL and you should be doing a lot of CL in this fight. Even not padding meters, CL is a purely primary target dps improvement due to the faster stacking of Lightning Shield and thus increase Fulmination damage.

Mannoroth
    You missed the 2nd pot again.
    and you could've gotten a 3rd Ascendance+EM. Don't wait to stack with Berserking. the damage addition from zerking won't make up for the lost uptimes of Asc+EM.

For Xhul and Mannoroth, consider trying echo instead of EM. I know its not the mathematical best single target choice, but these aren't *just* single target fights. Echo would help getting fully buffed FSes on the target without sacrificing ES/fulm casts or regaining stacks just after ES/fulm. Especially any time you're using CL, LS stacks will go up faster, and thus more ES/fulm casts will be eating those EF stacks.

Also, you have fairly low uptime of 4pc bonus. I don't know how to check with logs for when you're casting ES/fulm, so just make sure you're hitting it at 12+ stacks of LS.
    I also can't see any evidence of dps trinkets in your logs, so I'm assuming you have healy ones. Try grab some dps ones on offspec rolls asap since this would likely add up to a fair bit of numbers loss. Possibly consider crafted alchy/scribe ones. Sim yourself a few times to see if they'd be worth more damage over your healy ones.

You have the class trinket but are not maximizing it at all. Every long-lived target needs to get a flame shock buffed with a 2 stack EF and UF (note: your pull flame shock should be clipped after ascendance to fully buff it). For xhul, that means you should dot the boss and the big add. For mannoroth, dot internals that end up spread too far.

You seem to forget second pot a lot. Also, make sure you line up EM and ascendance with every ring usage (outside of extreme circumstances).

Your eq usage is extremely low on xhul and mannoroth. For mannoroth, if you aren't getting grips, try bouncing infernal - mannoroth - infernal. Note: on fights with a large amount of earthquake usage, echo closes in on EM (not to mention the QoL gains).

Your fulmination usage seems pretty bad (probably your biggest problem). Use it at 20 stacks during ascendance (yes, this means you can lose a lot of your ascendance if you keep getting 2pc procs), and use it at 15+ stacks outside of ascendance. If you are AoEing, aim for 20 instead of 15. On a fight like xhul, you should have extremely high fulmination damage (and high 4pc uptime).

Don't bother with unleashed fury on fights with frequent CL usage or a lot of movement, swap it to primal ele. You can use primal on every fight without much DPS loss over UF.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-07-26 at 06:56 AM.