Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wouldn't complain if I could use thunderfury while leveling and they made it upgradeable.

Here's how it should have worked in my opinion: a drop, like it was in vanilla and tbc.
    Yes one guild could have 5 and the other could have 0 but it was way more exciting and these bullshit story lines around these legendaries are so lame, I don't even know where to begin with.
    Last edited by Sil; 2015-07-26 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    Here's how it should have worked: a drop, like it was in vanilla and tbc.
    Yes one guild could have 5 and the other could have 0 but it was way more exciting and these bullshit story lines around these legendaries are so lame, I don't even know where to begin with.
    thats entirely opinion based... i feel much better working for a legendary like shadowmourne and the cloak than just having it handed to me by a boss, even if it is rare
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    thats entirely opinion based... i feel much better working for a legendary like shadowmourne and the cloak than just having it handed to me by a boss, even if it is rare
    I could live with the Shadowmourne system to some degree because it doesn't cater every single player with a legendary which puts the legendary status pretty off. But the legendary system of the last 2 expansions is lame in my opinion. How legendary is a cloak or a ring when someone who plays 2 hour a week in LFR can get the same item as someone who raids mythic bosses? An upgrade drop to upgrade your legendary ring is a lame excuse. It has such a bad feel to it if you ask me. Legendary used to have a status, it doesn't anymore. The only status it has now is that you have gone through all the "chapters".

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And this elitist attitude is why there is the demand for account-wide progress, because players not progressing it on alts will find them increasingly isolated due to artificial and unnecessary standards in the name of "efficiency" from players who are doing less leading than ever, but still willing to demand all the benefits of it.

And the demand that yours is better because your raiding is "more real".
    Now who is the "entitled" one ?
    Dont have so many alts that you feel the need to drag them all through the quest then. I'm not one of the "entitled" masses demanding legendaries for minimal work, so you can hardly call me entitled. The LFR scrubs are the ones that created this culture not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I fixed that for you, you are welcome my lil'snowflake
    Never said it had to be mythic/nor me, but that was the point of a legendary, it was legendary. Same crap happened in wrath with welfare epics for dungeon heroics, but sure, try to attack and blame me for (probably) the crap you dragged into the game if it helps you sleep at night.

The system is fine. Most of the work is saddled with your activator anyway; they need to kill archimonde every week.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The system is fine. Most of the work is saddled with your activator anyway; they need to kill archimonde every week.
    No, the system is fine for you. Not the system is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Hahaa nope. Best way to do legadary was Firenlands style. Some Q done trought raids with no LFR. BTW game is supostu be desgined for 1 charater progression not for alts. Alts are supostu be extra thing not something what you determinted as content worth to cuttering for.
    Jesus christ.. it's "supposed to be", not "supostu"...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t agree at all that it should be account-wide. You should have to play the character throughout the various raids to get to the legendary. There are already catch-up mechanisms for alts, including increased collection per kill (for HM & BRF) and now in 6.2 alts also get a lot more missions to collect those items as well.

Sidenote: Anyone know if there are increased chances for tomes on an alt? Probably too early to tell but I’m curious. I got my ring yesterday, but my closest alt isn’t quite done with the BRF stage.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    It should not have involved the shipyard system.

The legendary should reward you for playing your character. I wouldnt mind putting catch ups in there or an alternative route for players who like facebook games, but making it an essential part of obtaining your ring is like having the pet battle tournament required to get the cape.

I really dont mind alt needing to be played too, in order for them to get the ring. I do approve of some catchup mechanisms for them too.
    I think the shipyard as a whole is pretty dumb and I’m not a fan at all. But I don’t think the legendary part of it was all that bad. Hoping/praying for tomes is most people’s frustration with this last stage, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    I really like how they're done currently, all I'd ask is either a slightly faster catch up system, or that the current system 'stack' for each character that gets to a stage. I don't mind the current tier taking as long/short as it does(less RNG maybe, hence 'long/short', ahem).
    In 6.2 the catch-up system is pretty quick. I’m getting tons of missions on my alts for the various collection stages that they are on. I’m not sure I agree about a stacking buff though – I get that people want the rings on the 5th alt, but if you really want to drag that many characters through it then that’s just going to take a good bit of time and work on it. I don’t see the need to make it shorter for those few people just because they want that many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No way should it be account wide progress. It should have worked exactly how it does.
    Only thing I would have changed is the last part. I don't like having legendaries this quickly into the tier.
    Agreed on the last part. I think it either should have been available right away, like the cloak, or there should have been more to the last part – maybe a 730 ilvl ring that you can get fairly quickly into HFC (like a questline that ends with you killing Archimonde) and then a longer final stage where you get the legendary. It could start at 750 or 755 and still have the upgrade drops to take it the rest of the way to 795.

Quote Originally Posted by sweboy99 View Post
    Jesus christ.. it's "supposed to be", not "supostu"...
    I was getting annoyed by that too. Glad to see someone beat me to posting it though.

Signature Created by Jassinta

The newer generation of players seems to think that reward is something you just get.
    In my youth you had to "work" for a reward. But well old man rambling.

What´s the point in different characters when you don´t want to play (and equipping is a very big part in play) them.
    We could as well go the FF14 route and have one character that can be everything. (which is convenient but diminishes the immersion and the association with said character, at least for me).