Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone feel a promotion coming on.....

Last time they had a serious drop (during cata, but not nearly as serious), they did the free copy of D3 if you sub for a year.

I could totally see them announce a promotion like a free copy of the next expansion plus beta access with a 6 month sub.

On another note, my guess they will release the expansion in May to build up the population and hype for the new movie.

First part of the legendary quest in the next expansion. "In a far away land, there is a moving picture on a screen. Go and witness your history young orc (human, etc), and return to me with your ticket ID"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Totally see them doing Annual Pass 2.

Lock in for a year, get beta access (to 7.0 or Overwatch) and a free copy of 7.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    First part of the legendary quest in the next expansion. "In a far away land, there is a moving picture on a screen. Go and witness your history young orc (human, etc), and return to me with your ticket ID"
    Eh, I could see them giving away maybe like, a pet in game perhaps through a promotion maybe, but that's about it.

Otherwise I think the Annual pass was because they knew it would take a long time for MoP, I'm not sure another would help if they're trying to rush out the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Lock in for a year, get beta access (to 7.0 or Overwatch) and a free copy of 7.0.
    Shadman Overwatch?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, that annual pass promotion made a lot of players angry, but i'd sign up for it if they gave me diablo3's expansions.

didn't they run into issues with the first annual pass?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I doubt it, that annual pass promotion made a lot of players angry.
    In fairness a lot of that was because 1.0 Diablo 3 was pretty across the board awful.

I do....I feel a few perhaps like what they did with American Choppers....and have a promo that requires you to log-in in a limited amount of time to collect.

I'd buy it if 7.0 looks to be any good and I got me some Overwatch. Mmmm.

The annual pass was to combat the other MMOs at the time. I wouldn't expect that again, but it would actually do some good things for them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    In fairness a lot of that was because 1.0 Diablo 3 was pretty across the board awful.
    I wasn't bothered, but the forums were lit up with angry people. I enjoyed cataclysm and diablo3. Subbing the year was fine, I wouldn't have unsubbed anyway.

If they did come out with another annual pass. The first thing I would suspect is another year of HFC. That's kinda how the thing went down in cataslysm.

I also think this is the main reason people hate cataclysm, they were locked into the annual pass and only got Dragon Soul and a glitchy bad beta experience to show for it.

I'll never even bother with a Beta again. I didn't like the beta expereience.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2015-08-05 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Diablo 3 was new, an expansion of one of the other games will not be enough reward. Beta access will not make most subscribe for a year, when you can buy tokens (did they shoot themselves in the foot?), so what can they offer? It will take something really unexpected to commit to another year of pay/month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised they didn't keep doing the annual pass every year. I expect numerous promotions in the near future, like the AP, return of Scroll of Resurrection, and lots of sales. We haven't had a character services sale in a long time.

I think all they'd have to offer to entice people is a mount, a pet, guaranteed beta access for 7.0 and Overwatch, and maybe D3+expansion(s). With their large portfolio of games, they might do something for each one, but smaller value, like 20 card packs in Hearthstone and a hero in HoTS. There are a lot of ways to go about it now.
    Last edited by Aligerous; 2015-08-05 at 04:39 AM.

Smart would be to launch a new class or two, and the annual pass gets you access to the class in WoD. Then you can level it up and such and play it in whatever WoD does- garrisons or orc touching, I dunno- but that would get me interested almost immediately. Expected would be a promotion that gets people pumped without such a huge technical burden, and yea, I think they'll do something.

Yeah, I mean 6.2 is already getting old and even if they launched it this year we're still going to be going another 8 months without a good patch with the exception of a pre-patch event. I'm thinking that they'll sell the yearly sub for special with a mount, a copy of the expansion, a pet, beta, and some sort of cross promotion for either D3 or SC2.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a segment of WoWs playerbase that will buy everything Blizzard throws their way, so I wont be surprised if this next Thursday they announce a pre-order bonus, that includes one of the following: Hearthstone Packs, Diablo 3 Ingame """Swag""", HotS Champions and Skins and Overwatch Beta Access or a combination of all of them.

A lot of people will buy in, even people that quit the game, but it wont ever bring the game back to 10 million subs. That train left the station and is never coming back.

With how they hyped this expansion as a return to the roots, and hyped the expansion on every way as much as possible then proceeded to let down their playerbase on every single promise, I would be surprised if WoW makes it another 5 years. By doing this on WoD, they killed the little spike you see at the beggining of each expansion. I think im not alone, and a lot of people like myself will wait after the next expansion is deployed to make a decision, if I would buy it or not.

Thursday will bring a lot of hype, lots of preorders. But I would like to remind people that what you will see on Thursday are only promises. Promises that have been broken before.

My guess is that they are hoping that the WoW movie makes a success, and bring players into the MMO genre, but it is a risky gamble (and they probably know it), because if the movie flops on the box office, then that might be their last contingency plan failing. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Antherios; 2015-08-05 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expersona View Post
    Shadman Overwatch?
    I'd buy that for a dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    My guess is that they are hoping that the WoW movie makes a success, and bring players into the MMO, but we have to see how this will shape out.
    Worst part of that is WoD and "the general theatre going audience" aren't exactly aligned. It's a very small percentage of player who can commit to raiding out of an extremely small percentage of people who will go to see the movie in theatre. When you get sub 1%'s twice, we can only hope they're planning on more "I can play this between classes and before work" bitesized chunks being the center rather than "I literally took vacation time from work to be here guys, let's pull already."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    No, the Annual Pass QQ started WELL before D3 launched.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Called it a few months ago. New annual pass, get overwatch beta for free in Oct - December 2015.